User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-03-2006, 10:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti
I would totally disagree with you....sexual abuse DOES define who you are for a very long time. One of the biggest struggle survivors face is not making it the defining factor of who you are. Unless you've been there, you have no idea of what's involved in surviving sexual abuse. My sister and I were abused by my father as children and we both have spent most of our lives trying to get away from the shame and stigma. And yes, it's self-inflicted but you just can't wish it away.

I share my story with a lot of people because it's not MY shame; that belongs to my father. And also, the more publicity about sexual abuse the better. Perpetuating the secret helps no one and indeed, makes me feel the shame all over again. And Amber I, too, have met many people who have been sexually abused. I don't know if we all unknowingly are drawn to something in each other, or the fact that I DO speak about my past that makes people want to talk to me. I will never stop sharing my story, because if I can help one more person come to grips with their abuse, it's all worth it.
lord child...don't get me started! being a sexual abuse survivor, it does make you wonder what you'd be like had it never happened to you.
Old 05-04-2006, 07:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brwn_eyes0511
I'll have to get that from ebay..

And her and Clooney did NOT date! This was cleared up yesterday on Oprah.. as was the plastic surgery rumours and the "why are you so skinny" talk!
I wish I had seen it. So, has she had surgery and why is she so thin? Don't forget that dating, cosmetic surgery, and eating disorders are 3 things acresses lie about most. Friggin' Ally GetReal finally admitted she had an eating disorder during the show.
Old 05-04-2006, 07:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

She said she is not currently dating, but wants to. The only plastic surgery she said she had was some Botox and collagen at one time, but she didn't like it. And she said she is naturally thin and has always had really skinny legs. Oprah then showed a pic of Teri from high school, when she was a cheerleader, and her legs were thin. She says she eats healthy and exercises, but just stays thin.

"Don't f*&k with anyone's dog and don't ever date a musician."
Old 05-04-2006, 02:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze
I wish I had seen it. So, has she had surgery and why is she so thin? Don't forget that dating, cosmetic surgery, and eating disorders are 3 things acresses lie about most. Friggin' Ally GetReal finally admitted she had an eating disorder during the show.
Patti just explained it all above.. hehe

She stays healthy and fit by doing poll dancing.. here is an example of what she can do! haha..

Last edited by Brwn_eyes0511; 05-04-2006 at 02:27 PM..
Old 05-06-2006, 06:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon
I'm going to possibly coin a phrase...I think it's "exploitation of victimization"...that's how I see it. There are things that have happened to me in my own life that have been just as "terrible" but I choose to only tell certain people. I'm aware it's not healthy to bottle it all in...I just don't feel the whole world needs to know about it. It doesn't define who you are.
When you'll become a celebrity maybe your perspective might change... Maybe you would think that it could help someone lost, alonbe and afraid in the wide world to know that a rich and famous has gone through the same hell once in her /his life.

Romy

Non vogliate negar l'esperienza
di retro al sol, del mondo sanza gente
Considerate la vostra semenza
fatti non foste a viver come bruti
ma per seguir virtute e canoscenza ~ Dante Alighieri, Divina Commedia, Inferno Canto XXVI
Old 05-06-2006, 08:53 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serrart
When you'll become a celebrity maybe your perspective might change...

Romy

Is everyone just avoiding the last couple of posts I've made on this topic or what? And the above comment just cracked me up. Most celebrities live a jaded, pampered lifestyle and act as if they've got such a tough life. Gimme a break. Must be tough making millions. I didn't say they don't have feelings...but perspective? Pfft...sure.
Old 05-07-2006, 03:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon
Is everyone just avoiding the last couple of posts I've made on this topic or what? And the above comment just cracked me up. Most celebrities live a jaded, pampered lifestyle and act as if they've got such a tough life. Gimme a break. Must be tough making millions. I didn't say they don't have feelings...but perspective? Pfft...sure.
I'm sure many have pampered lifestyles, many are shamelessly spoiled, and some others aren't. Many can't put two words together without a press agent and some others are brilliant and toughtful people. The 'rich and famous' label is a deification invented by industries and tabloids, to see them as an entity just help to create the positive or negative cult. I just think they got to be seen one by one.

Romy

Non vogliate negar l'esperienza
di retro al sol, del mondo sanza gente
Considerate la vostra semenza
fatti non foste a viver come bruti
ma per seguir virtute e canoscenza ~ Dante Alighieri, Divina Commedia, Inferno Canto XXVI

Last edited by Serrart; 05-07-2006 at 03:59 PM..