User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-18-2006, 09:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
And those of you regular viewers - I expect a more thorough review & response this week.
I know I gave a ****ty review...I'll do better this week. so far, you and I are in sync with favs.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers
I know I gave a ****ty review...I'll do better this week. so far, you and I are in sync with favs.

Thank goodness you posted, I felt like Blackwidow, posting 17 times in a row with no replies, trying in vain not to let the thread die.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm resurrecting this thread so Paula doesn't have to.

The winning dress was my favorite!

Malan is just...creepy. And that dress was horrid.

Angela. Beeyotch for attempting to ride Kayne's coattails. I'm not sure how that was edited, but in her defense, it did seem that Vincent was being a control freak and not letting her do anything.
Old 07-20-2006, 09:03 AM
Banned

Default for you, Paula

Kayne and Robert- I knew Kayne was going to win this one, being the pageant gown fairy that he is. His dress was very well put together, and he knew that the southern girl would always go for the rhinestones. It wasn't my favorite, but I've never been one to admire gaudy.

Vincent and Angela-Vincent gets on my nerves, and pairing him up with the equally irritating Angela was a bad move. I see both of them being **** starters as the show moves on. The dress was alright, but it seemed more "cocktail party" then "pageant". It should have been one of these two that got the axe. Plus, Vera Wang referred to something they did as "terrible". They might as well start packing now with that kind of criticism.

Bonnie and Uli- They were alright, although the bottom of their dress reminded me of a Blanche Devereaux night gown. They at least worked well together though. Can't say that for everybody!

Laura and Michael- I think they went a little over the top. I remember Miss USA saying something about not wanting a white dress, and that's exactly what they made for her. It was very pretty, but not what she wanted and the design of it was fairly common. Michael...on the down low or not? What do you think?

Katherine and Malan...oh goodness. All I could think of was Carol Burnett's spoof of Gone with the Wind, with the curtain rod dress. Granted their gown didn't have a curtain rod, but it looked like it was made of heavy curtains, and the top was way too much. What was with that hacked hem job around the bottom? I'm no fashion designer, but I wouldn't send a dress out on the runway with threads dangling down to the floor. I will say that he didn't deserve to get kicked off last night, even though he is quite the creep show.

Jeffery and Alison- They did alright, even though I didn't really like how the dress fit their model. The top was loose where it shouldn't be, and the color choices did nothing for a woman's body and they were kind of blah to me. I have high hopes for Alison though. She seems to know what she's doing. I have a feeling she'll be top three.

Keith and Bradley- This was my personal favorite. To me, it's all about the movement. A dress can look great but if it looks bad in motion, the whole idea is lost to me. The color looked great on their model, and she definitely knew how to work it on the runway. Good job boys.
*Disclaimer*This of course has nothing to do with my developing crush on Keith.

Okay, so a little off topic, but did any of you see the commercials last night with Heidi laughing maniacally into the camera? It was a little scary to say the least.

Oh, and what the hell was Vera Wang wearing? She's lucky she was sitting in for Michael Kors because had he been there when she showed up with that mess on...oh I can just hear ithe catty bitch now.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^ Mikeschmike? I love you. You are quickly becoming my new soulmate (yes, I have a few....most of them gay men, interestingly enough....) Thank you for posting a long, detailed review. Now where's Jaz.....

First of all, I was really excited when they announced this challenge. Pretty damn cool, way cooler that the Nikki Hilton (barf) one last season.

Jeffrey & Allison: I actually liked it, thought it was kind of cool, but for Miss Universe? Is he nuts? I know he's trying to be cool rocker guy, but really. I guess he doesn't want to win any challenges.

Kayne & Robert: Has there ever been a gayer team? Wow. The dress? It was OK. Def. pageant material. I'm with Mike, not so much into rhinestones but I knew the girl would be. The color really was fantastic, earthy without being boring. It will work really well with her skin tone. Not really sure if it will make her look taller, it kind of cuts her in half, doesn't it?

Keith & Bradley: Loved the color, loved the flow of the dress at the bottom, HATED the top. Looked like it was barely hainging on, and if Miss USA is busty, I'm thinking that woudn't work out real well. Good, solid design though.

Laura & Michael: I love this bitch. Classy, classy classy. Michael? Hot and seemingly very nice. DL? Perhaps. Not sure, will need to investigate further. The dress was gorgeous, sophisticated, classic. BUT - white for Miss Universe? On stage with all those lights? Dunno. The sparkles were well placed & not overdone, but it's hard to wear white if you're a little tiny white girl, IMO. She may have ended up looking washed out & pasty.

Malan & Katharine: I don't like the guy. But I was actually sad to see him go. The color of the dress was outstanding, but I agree - too much crap, too much bulk. No excuse for that hem not being done. And he pretty much sealed his fate when he said he deserved to go. Not that he realy could have blamed Katharine, but he dug his own grave there. Poor guy. Made me feel bad about his mom being mean & him having no friends.

Uli & Bonnie: I like both of the girls. The dress was pretty, very similar to Keith's, I thought. Liked this neckline better, more support & more flattering. However, once again - this is Uli's specialty. Long flowy dress. Yes, it was an evening gown, but still very obviously hers. I'm interested to see if she can do something different.

Vincent & Angela: Sorry, I'm on Angela's side. Like Livia said, who knows how it was edited to appear, but she asked Vincent several times what she should do, how she could help, and he told her to get away, leave him alone, not to touch anything. I do not like Vincent. At all. The dress was too plain, the color was atrocious (talk about looking gross on stage under the lights) and those sleeves were a joke. Can't believe they said nothing about the color - did he even think about his client? ugh.
Old 07-20-2006, 03:16 PM
Banned

^ That's sweet of you Paula, thank you. Although I am jealous of your gay soulmates. Throw one my way will ya?
Old 07-20-2006, 06:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeschmike
^ That's sweet of you Paula, thank you. Although I am jealous of your gay soulmates. Throw one my way will ya?

Hang out on this board long enough & they'll just fall into your bed...er...I mean, lap.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
Hang out on this board long enough & they'll just fall into your bed...er...I mean, lap.

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

ps, love the new sig
Old 07-20-2006, 11:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

ps, love the new sig

Thanks, babe.
Old 07-27-2006, 08:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

so last night's show was dressing the hottest accessory right now...dogs. I thought it was a cute concept, but I got bored soon thereafter. I didn't really start really watching (meaning I wasn't flipping) until about halfway through.

Jeffrey: awesome dress for the model. looks like something I've seen before and I love the billowing effect it had.

Allison: I liked this one a lot. I love the jacket with the cute little puffs,which I normally don't like. the model and the dog looked like they actually belonged together.

Michael: the only thing I liked about this was the criss-crossing near the neckline that he did...that was really cute, but the color was putrid.

Kayne: LOVED this one. very Pucci. the dog's outfit was stellar hot too! the only thing that kept this from being my favorite is the shoes the model wore...I hate them. the outfit would have been much cuter if she had some wedges with a ballerina strap.

Robert: really cute outfit for the model, but the dog's outfit lacked to me. it just didn't seem like he spent a lot of time thinking about the dog, but the model's skirt and that shirt with the ties was hot.

Keith: didn't like the pattern, but the dress was really cute and worked with the dog, but if I had been a judge I'd have been mucho pissed he didn't do anything for the dog - yeah, it's lame, but this is the contest you signed up for so do it.

Bradley: what saved this whole thing for me was the cute little bow-tie he put on the dog. very cute. he model's outfit? eh, not so much. I mean, the judge's raved about it, but it looked ill-fitted to me and I hate that gold with the navy.

Laura: cute. and I liked how the furry stuff on the jacket kind of matched the dog, but at the same time it looked like she skinned one of the dogs to make the coat. it was aight.

Katharine: while I don't think her outfits were the worst, it was kind of simple, but I do see where she was going with it, the nasty hemline just caught the judges' attention and that was all she wrote.

Uli: probably my favorite. the fit of this dress was phenomenal and I love the print with the solid colored jacket - but I loved her shoes most of all (not that that really counts).

Bonnie: one word - BORING. gawd! hated it.

Vincent: puke. the model looked like Renee Zellwegger on crack.

Angela: lights are on, but ain't no bitches home. this woman is crazy. I swear. the metallic fabric with stupid ass thing thrown on here and there...looked like something from Howard the Duck - and then her story made no damn sense.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^ I agree!
Old 07-27-2006, 12:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

OH NO! I'm trying to look at the outfits again on "rate the runway" but the site's not working. ACK! How can I possibly write an in depth intelligent review without reviewing the designs again? I'll try again later.
Old 07-27-2006, 01:09 PM
Banned

I have four day's worth of numbers to crunch within the next four hours (lousy blood sucking healthcare industry!). I would love to give you a full detailed review, but I'm about to be busier then a one legged man in an ass kicking contest. So I'll give you my highlights (and lowlights):

Vincent kind of turned me around with the cute little hat for his dog. He's still bat**** crazy, but not as visually offensive with his designs as before.

I wish Malan would have stayed because I think he would have swept this week's challenge. Uli as the winner? Eh...I didn't really agree. Niether did Allison (the girl was PISSED!) The "Hi Ladies" thing? Tacky.

Angela and her metallic 80's skirt was so irritating to look at. Jazzy, the Howard the Duck reference made me cackle like crazy. Poor Lea Thompson with that crimp job and all. She looked more ridiculous then the duck, but I digress.

What is up Keith's ass? Or more appropriately, what isn't? He should stop acting like king **** on turd mountain, because the judges can see right through that act. I also think he is the one that gets thrown off of the show next week. It's going to be him or Robert.

Michael is so middle of the road with everything he does. "Everything you do has been done, and you won't last forever." This also applies to Bonnie, that stoner Bradley, and Laura. They had better get some fresh ideas, or it's auf with you!

As for dear Katharine, I just have to say: Not every top needs a hood. We're not all snowboards and depression in MN, contrary to what she's portraying.
Old 07-27-2006, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm torn. I like Kayne's shirt:

http://projectrunway.seenon.com/index.php?v=pr3fsokay

BUT I think I like Laura's better:

http://projectrunway.seenon.com/index.php?v=pr3fsolau

I may have to treat myself. Maybe a Tim Gunn bobblehead...

Last edited by skcin; 07-27-2006 at 03:06 PM..
Old 07-27-2006, 03:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Angela and her metallic 80's skirt was so irritating to look at. Jazzy, the Howard the Duck reference made me cackle like crazy. Poor Lea Thompson with that crimp job and all. She looked more ridiculous then the duck, but I digress.

What is up Keith's ass? Or more appropriately, what isn't? He should stop acting like king **** on turd mountain, because the judges can see right through that act. I also think he is the one that gets thrown off of the show next week. It's going to be him or Robert.
ITA with everything you've said here. I've been saying from the start that Keith will be booted, I still think it will have something to do with the fact that his original designs were not his alone. I wonder if he's still getting help from someone somehow. They're spending way too much time focussing on him, it's gotta be him to get booted. And I, for one, will laugh. And laugh, and laugh, and laugh. The guy's a dick.

Michael: ADORE the dress, esp the knotted collar, color was great but the fabric looked yucky to me. Dog matched perfectly. I like that there's finally a straight (?) hot black male on this show. Let's keep him around for a bit, shall we?

Kayne: His designs keep gettin' gayer & gayer. But they're also getting more & more fabulous. Loved it. Classy with some flash, but not tacky. That print was hot, especially with the white top. And the head scarf. Sex-ay. The dog was cute too.

Allison: Cool, cool, cool. Liked the story too. She really puts a lot of thought & detail into making the clothes. I'm not a big fan of all white, though.

Angela: Leave. Now. I said NOW! Tacky, trashy, sleazy, inappropriate to her story, gaudy, fugly. I don't care how well made it is (btw - I don't think it was all that well made) it was heinous. It's only up to $50 on the online auction right now, the others are way higher. She should have gone. I fear she may be this season's Pepper.

Bonnie: Forgettable - I had to look up her design because I had forgotten it AND her. Nice coat, now that I'm remembering.

Bradley: He is one lucky mo fo, ho. It wasn't terrible, but talk about cutting it close. And am I the only one who thought it was a pale imitation of Daniel V's flower-inspired design from last season?

Jeffrey: I was shocked, but I liked it. Didn't look as torn apart as usual. A bit short maybe.

Katharine: I thought it was cute. And I loved the dog's hoodie. I can't help but think she'd still be in if she had listed to Tim & made a shrug or something to go over it. But again, messy hemline is a no-no.

Keith: Very pretty dress, loved the print esp. but how could you not do part of the challenge? And then imply you made something that was a store-bought accessory? Oh no he DIDN'T just fib to Ms. Klum?!?! Bastard.

Laura: I love her, I love the clothes. It's nothing I would ever wear myself, but it looks so chic and stylish. Her dog's outfit was the best, IMO. My only worry is that she may be unable to break out of her NYC metropolitan classic woman mode. She'd better do something WOW soon.

Robert: How disappointing. A Barbie designer should have cleaned up on this challenge. The dog's name was Chanel & he used pink plaid tweed fabric. Yay. Nothing special.

Uli: My favorite this week. AGAIN - I think she'll be in big trouble if she is forced to do something that's not a long flowy dress. BUT this one was divine - I think it was mainly her use of 2 very different fabrics that got me. The jacket was a nice touch, and the strappy back was tre' cool. Loved the dog too, but then I love Pugs so I probably wouldn't have cared what she put on her. Her design's already up to over $300, btw.

Vincent: I couldn't help but feel bad for that dog, trying to get that dumb f*cking hat off of his little head. Vincent seems to put so much effort into the clothes, yet they seem dull & plain to me.