User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-22-2006, 01:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
I was just wondering where you were as I was leaving Daniel a message. So, here you are. Skinny as hell. Which I don't mind, I just wanted to say something related. Because I didn't say enough in my other post.
Oddly enough, I was having a meeting with my boss. And being the classy dame that I am, I got drunk. ****faced. But I made my point.

I used to be Snow White but I drifted - Mae West.
Old 02-22-2006, 02:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
Oddly enough, I was having a meeting with my boss. And being the classy dame that I am, I got drunk. ****faced. But I made my point.
Okay, my emoticons aren't working (can anyone f***ing help me with this? I can't use bold, or size, or anything) but I would be using that really, really shocked one with the big eyes.
What the hell? hahahaha "classy dame".

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 02-22-2006, 02:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Okay, my emoticons aren't working (can anyone f***ing help me with this? I can't use bold, or size, or anything) but I would be using that really, really shocked one with the big eyes.
What the hell? hahahaha "classy dame".
Ugh, its a long story. Luckily, I wasn't the only one drinking, but my plan was to keep my **** together, and I'm not sure if I did. But I think I did. Christ Almighty.
I'm asking for a raise by week's end.

Old 02-22-2006, 02:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
Ugh, its a long story. Luckily, I wasn't the only one drinking, but my plan was to keep my **** together, and I'm not sure if I did. But I think I did. Christ Almighty.
I'm asking for a raise by week's end.
Uh oh. I thought you were asking for a raise while you were out (based on absolutely no information, of course) - Did your boss at any point get mad at you?

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 02-22-2006, 02:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Uh oh. I thought you were asking for a raise while you were out (based on absolutely no information, of course) - Did your boss at any point get mad at you?

No, no, it was all good. I was planning on asking for a raise, but I then realized after I made a stellar presentation on my behalf, that I was a little plastered. But he was to. So I figured it was best to wait and let the stellar presentation ruminate and I would ask when both parties were sober instead. I've done well! As a result, I'm going on two buying trips, one to Toronto and one to Vegas. Yayyy!!!

Old 02-22-2006, 02:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
No, no, it was all good. I was planning on asking for a raise, but I then realized after I made a stellar presentation on my behalf, that I was a little plastered. But he was to. So I figured it was best to wait and let the stellar presentation ruminate and I would ask when both parties were sober instead. I've done well! As a result, I'm going on two buying trips, one to Toronto and one to Vegas. Yayyy!!!
Hey, that kicks ass! Your boss will be like "she's so great, and we had such fun that night" and then your boss will pause to remember, and laugh to him/herself. "hahahahahaha! hahaha!" he/she will say.

Old 02-22-2006, 07:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
I was really having a problem with my hip last year from the exercise so I had to stop for a while.
Are you stretching afterwards? It's helped me a lot.
Yes, but knowing me, I'm not doing something properly! Maybe I should do more of a warm-up. What I really want is a elliptical.
Old 02-22-2006, 07:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Dont use the word "diet", it makes it all the more harder and frustrating. Also eat grapefruits as a snack and never skip a meal. Portion control is key when trying to lose weight as is exercise. Good Luck to all.
Old 02-22-2006, 09:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1998
Yes, but knowing me, I'm not doing something properly! Maybe I should do more of a warm-up. What I really want is a elliptical.
You have to mix it up though. According to my Dr., it was the overuse of the elliptical that hurt my hip.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

So, I've been steadily losing weight with Weight Watchers (albeit slowly). Last night was my meeting night, and I found out that I didn't lose a pound this week. I also didn't GAIN a pound , and that's good- but still. So anyway, I found out that my problem is that I'm not eating enough protein during the day. This past week, I had changed my diet to eating only fruit for breakfast. And apparently, that's not good for weight loss. So, today, I ate two Morningstar Sausage Patties at 10g of protein each and an apple. The whole thing cost me 3 points, which is good.

I have 10lbs more to go. I just keep telling myself that if it weren't for Weight Watchers I would be as big as a house right now (8 weeks without cigarettes) and that eventually I *will* adjust to this way of eating.

Amber- you are completely right with your vegetarian advice. You can eat SO much more of a soy product than a meat product. And more is good! I had a blackbean burger the other night that was so delicious. And I could rationalize the bread b/c I wasn't eating any meat.

Okay, I'm babbling- this post was really meant to say to be sure to include lots of fiber and protein in your diet if you want to lose weight.
Old 02-22-2006, 11:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You have to mix it up though. According to my Dr., it was the overuse of the elliptical that hurt my hip.
really? Was it your hip where the top of your leg meets your butt that hurt? b/c mine's KILLING me all day, every day (ibuprofen city) and I was going to buy an elliptical this week...In hopes of replacing my uphill hikes and bike rides with something gentler. I just thought it wouldn't hurt things as much.

Jannie - you call that babbling? :kiss:

good luck this week, and congrats on the continued non smoking. I'm still not smoking, too.

Old 02-22-2006, 11:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon
No, but I should be. I am turning 27 this year, and I've noticed over the last 14 months or so my metabolism slowed down at an enormous rate. I cant eat all the crap food I used to eat.
Same as me, and I have noticed the EXACT same thing. Sucks, eh?

People............we USAers have got to get away from all of this processed food! Much of our "food" is not even food anymore, but a bunch of chemicals and "genetically modified" crap! When you are not eating anything nutritious, your body automatically asks you to eat more and more and more, hoping that one glorious day it will get what it actually needs.

Check these out:

www.dietcure.com

http://www.dadamo.com/napharm/BTstor...&link=mainpage

There are also some good "to the point" whole food recommendations in the infamous book by Kevin Trudeau: Natural Cures "They" Don't Want You To Know About, and it also explains how the government wants to make money through food and drug sales regardless of how it effects our health.

Also check out the book Fast Food Nation.

...And watch the movie Super Size Me.

Old 02-22-2006, 11:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hey, everyhour, weren't you the one who told me all about the coconut thing? I've been using coconut oil for cooking (starting fairly recently) but not for smoothies and stuff yet as I don't have a blender. I'm going to order that book and some coconut products this week. Do you still recommend it?? I've read other info that supports the coconut thing. If that wasn't you I apologize

Old 02-22-2006, 11:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
See... I wish I could just go to the gym. It's hard when you have a kid. We are getting some fitness equipment here at work, but it'll be good luck getting on them. I can't wait until it's warmer outside, so Sara can ride her bike, and I can rollerblade, walk, jog.... It will be somewhat easier.

Oh, and Jannie... I'm on lunch eating the Ziti.... I've had worse.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1998
Oh, and Jannie... I'm on lunch eating the Ziti.... I've had worse.
The Southwestern Rice one is the best.