The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-23-2003, 08:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Someone on Mick's board who posts under the name "Indigo" says that "Thrown Down" is confirmed to be the third single and will be released the week of November 10th. He was referring to the United States/Canada and not Europe. Anyone else heard this?
Old 10-23-2003, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind
Unlike The Dance which had at least 12 people performing, there were only three people on stage at the PBS Soundstage (Neale, Brett and LB) for most of the show; Stevie was there for two songs. I noticed other one or two people who appeared to be be playing synth/keyboard offstage, but they may have just been techies, etc. So, I say get to work and put THE ENTIRE CONCERT out!!!!!!!
Hey you forgot Taku he was there, too.
I am on this video too in the front row. I am also in the front row of both Boston PBS tapings. I have a feeling that I am going to be in hiding for a while next year.
Old 10-24-2003, 01:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well at Soundstage I was smack in between strandinthewind and gldstwmn, all of us in the 3rd row, and let me tell you, I was afraid to even scratch my nose or cough! More than once I turned around, and there was the camera, swinging around on a boom, just inches from us!! haha!!

I thought oh great, they are going to catch me doing something wierd! heehee! I know they got me taking notes, because I knew I wouldn't remember a thing if I didn't write it down.

I would love it if the entire Soundstage show becomes an extended DVD.

-Sharon

It was a blast and we danced our asses off
Old 10-25-2003, 01:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by sulamith
Well at Soundstage I was smack in between strandinthewind and gldstwmn, all of us in the 3rd row, and let me tell you, I was afraid to even scratch my nose or cough! More than once I turned around, and there was the camera, swinging around on a boom, just inches from us!! haha!!

I thought oh great, they are going to catch me doing something wierd! heehee! I know they got me taking notes, because I knew I wouldn't remember a thing if I didn't write it down.

-Sharon

So I'll be able to find you right away...you'll be the one with the notepad <3
Old 10-25-2003, 01:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by sulamith

-Sharon

We did have a blast. With all the cameras everywhere, I was afraid to even blink. I watched someone else's Soundstage the other night and there were alot of shots of that area that we sat in. It will be interesting to see us in our "brilliant colors."
Once I realized that this was going to be very different I turned to Sharon and shouted "We've got to write this down." Sorry Sharon but thak you for obliging.

Last edited by gldstwmn; 10-25-2003 at 01:54 PM..
Old 10-25-2003, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Merf
Someone on Mick's board who posts under the name "Indigo" says that "Thrown Down" is confirmed to be the third single and will be released the week of November 10th. He was referring to the United States/Canada and not Europe. Anyone else heard this?
I thought that this was all wishful thinking -- until I went to work one afternoon (I occasionally do some freelance work at a tv/radio station) and I checked out upcoming releases. According to a publication that we have there called "All Access," unless this is some sort of big mistake, Thrown Down is actually going to be released as a single on Nov. 10th! I couldn't believe my eyes. Now the question really is - if this is true, why the hell have they not been performing it on tour???
Old 10-25-2003, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by SmthngOfADreamr
I thought that this was all wishful thinking -- until I went to work one afternoon (I occasionally do some freelance work at a tv/radio station) and I checked out upcoming releases. According to a publication that we have there called "All Access," unless this is some sort of big mistake, Thrown Down is actually going to be released as a single on Nov. 10th! I couldn't believe my eyes. Now the question really is - if this is true, why the hell have they not been performing it on tour???
I suppose it's quite possible they'll add it to the setlist in Europe but if not, I think this is the addition to the setlist that we'll see when/if they come back to tour the sheds in the summer. I certainly hope so
Old 10-25-2003, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool Throooooooown Down

"Thrown Down" next single! Maybe they've been checking out our survivor polls!

Joe
Old 10-25-2003, 04:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I know, Thrown Down as a single.... sheebus.... I can't believe it!!! I'm so excited!! I guess if they do a video for it during the break before they head off for "six weeks in a foreign country," then we'll know they've REALLY been reading these boards

Do you hear that guys? WE WANT A VIDEO! A REAL ONE!
Old 10-25-2003, 11:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I forget, are they performing at the American Music Awards? If so I guess this is the song. And it must be going in the set. Even they aren't stupid enough to release a single and never perform it.

- Jake
Old 10-25-2003, 11:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by darklinensuit
I forget, are they performing at the American Music Awards? If so I guess this is the song. And it must be going in the set. Even they aren't stupid enough to release a single and never perform it.

- Jake
Nope, they have a show in I believe Germany on the date of the AMA's. I don't know whether or not this is an award show where you know you've won ahead a time or not because if they do win and it is like that, perhaps they'll show something pre-recorded from the band.
Old 10-25-2003, 11:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

They're going to be in Europe at the time of the American Music Awards.

If they do a performance, it'd have to be via satellite or pre-recorded (most likely the pre-recorded b/c of time difference). But I don't think the AMA's would like a performance that wasn't "live", at that moment. We'll see.

Susie
Old 10-25-2003, 11:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by darklinensuit

- Jake
They can't; they have a show in Germany that night. As soon as I heard they were nominated I tried to get a seatfiller pass (I live across the street from where they're holding the AMA's), but then I remembered the band would be in Europe and couldn't be there anyway. I hope TD being the new single means they will add it to the setlist! Like you said, it seems that they'd HAVE to perform it sometime.
Old 10-26-2003, 12:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by EnchantedSLN
I hope TD being the new single means they will add it to the setlist! Like you said, it seems that they'd HAVE to perform it sometime.
Which probably means bye-bye to another Stevie song from the set.

- Jake
Old 10-27-2003, 01:07 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default The Set should be (will be) reworked

Exactly!

Assuming that they return next year to do the sheds (or whatever), I believe that future singles, including Thrown Down, will be incorporated. Many people have mentioned the similarities between Gypsy and Thrown Down, so there is a chance that Gypsy could be tossed... however, the visuals during Gypsy (the video being played) has become a *staple* of the current show, so it could go either way...

I don't really see any of Stevie's other songs being removed; not even Say You Will (The Song).

Also, Lindsey is most likely aware that people love Red Rover (esp. since the Soundstage live performance), so I see that song being added as well next year. Hell, I think that Red Rover should be a single! I'm crazy like that, though.

Josh