Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > The Early Years
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-09-2005, 08:00 PM
Junior Ledgie

I can give you some moments...

Jeremy.jpg is Jeremy and the soul legend Salomon Burke when Jeremy sit in with him, august 6th at Notodden

jsb.jpg is a pic of Jeremy's new band: Trond Ytterbø band and Jeremy taken by the saturday night event at Notodden 6th august. His new band sounds great. verry high class musician.

They will frequently be available to play gigg's in Europe in the future. But first they will go in studio to record an album together (presumably in october) as Jeremy Spencer Band.

To Daniel: your posted image "studio.jpg" is taken by me. Where have you discover the pic?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jeremy.jpg (32.9 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg jsb.jpg (43.7 KB, 32 views)

Last edited by Bluecity; 08-12-2005 at 02:51 AM..
Old 08-09-2005, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

thank you for the info & photos Dansven. Maybe he has mellowed in his "old age" and finally become more comfortable.
That certainly appears to be the case from the pictures that Bluecity posted. Just the idea that he would sit in with Burke is a tremendous step forward.
I've been listening to the "Blues Jam in Chicago" sets recently and Spencer's tracks on that collection are, for me some of the best he ever recorded.
I love the sound of his guitar on those tracks. The difference between the way that he sounds in the Chess studio compared with the Blue Horizon recordings is mind boggling.
Is he still mining the Elmore James and Homesick Williamson song books for his material?

All the rusted signs we ignore throughout our lives, choosing the shiny ones instead
E. Vedder
Old 08-10-2005, 11:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi Bluecity and BklynBlue

To BklynBlue: He said in an interview that he would play the good ol' blues with his new band, and I know they've played "Madison Blues", "It Hurts Me Too" and a reworking of the Mr. Wonderful track "Doctor Brown". I read that Jeremy and the new band have recorded 5 new songs!

To Bluecity: Thank you so much for sharing these photos!! Is that really you who took that photo!! I found it in one of the local newspapers from the Notodden era. So you're Norwegian then? (When I think about it, maybe I got a reply email from you some days ago about this promo...MG?) Maybe you have any particular memories from the recording sessions to share with us?

Daniel
Old 08-12-2005, 03:16 AM
Junior Ledgie

Default Jeremy at Notodden

OK Dansven, if you find the pic in the newspaper it's not my photo, but a photo taken by a local journalist.

Yes, I have stay together with the band, Jeremy and Dorthea the hole way beetween the recording session in april, and now a hole week before and under the Notodden Blues Festival.

How much I can share with you at this moment it's a good question, because I work close to the Project with the Band and Jeremy so I feel not to say to much at the moment. Anyway everbody had a wonderful time together.

But I can confirm that a cd in the name of Jeremy Spencer will be recorded in October this year with a realise apx january/february 2006. This will be a bluesrecording and will be available worldwide.

Jeremy and his new band will also be available to play some few giggs around Europe in the future. But Jeremy and his band just want to play frequently and preferably in just established venues.

Maybe Skagen festival could be a place next year Dansven?

ok, so long
Old 08-12-2005, 03:19 AM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansven
Hi Bluecity and BklynBlue

To BklynBlue: He said in an interview that he would play the good ol' blues with his new band, and I know they've played "Madison Blues", "It Hurts Me Too" and a reworking of the Mr. Wonderful track "Doctor Brown". I read that Jeremy and the new band have recorded 5 new songs!

To Bluecity: Thank you so much for sharing these photos!! Is that really you who took that photo!! I found it in one of the local newspapers from the Notodden era. So you're Norwegian then? (When I think about it, maybe I got a reply email from you some days ago about this promo...MG?) Maybe you have any particular memories from the recording sessions to share with us?

Daniel
Yes, I don't know if was me as answer you, but MG is defently my initials
Old 08-12-2005, 04:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for the info, Bluecity!

I think this new album is going to sell a lot!! Yes it was your initials I was referring to, and I recieved an email from you some weeks ago about the album!

Thanks,
Daniel
Old 08-12-2005, 04:55 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansven
Thanks for the info, Bluecity!

I think this new album is going to sell a lot!! Yes it was your initials I was referring to, and I recieved an email from you some weeks ago about the album!

Thanks,
Daniel
Yes, it's corect. I have check my email and it's was me as answer you.
Old 08-13-2005, 12:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

that's really nice to hear. I certainly wouldnt mind seeing him live, thats for sure
Old 08-06-2007, 03:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Notodden Blues festival 2007

Just got back from Notodden Blues festival in Norway. As you all would expect, I spent Saturday night in “Sliperihallen” enjoying Jeremy Spencers/Trond Ytterbø Band, and later, Steve Winwoods playing. Mr Spencer’s singing and playing was as good as in the old days, perhaps even better. He really seemed to enjoy the gig, the band was tight, and they played at a decent level. Steve Winwood and his band played so loud I left the place, however, they were very groovy and Steve still is a great musician. Spencer played both old and new songs. The song list included Stranger Blues, Dr Brown and Shake Your Moneymaker.

/Zoork