The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-22-2005, 10:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I always go for the different names. I doubt I will ever get to use them. Some names I like:

Boys:
Finley
Jasper
Dayne
Jude
Xander

Girls:
Julian
Kasha (Polish for Katherine)
Grace
Matteline

"Hearts will break with choices we must
make, so sleep and dream of me."
- LB
Old 03-22-2005, 10:21 PM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 03-22-2005, 10:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
short, blunt and leaves a bad taste in your mouth.
I'll resist the urge to make a joke about my first boyfriend here.

As far as naming children... I don't know. As much as I love Stevie/FM, I don't think I'd really want it to be anything related to them. I'd want my children to have their own identity. (Not that I'm saying anything against naming your child after something Stevie/Mac related, I'm just stating the reason I don't think I'd do so.)

There are some names that I think are really terrific... but, when it comes down to it, I guess I'd prefer the choice of name(s) to be a total collaboration between my mate and I.

Ok, how's that for non-committal?
Old 03-22-2005, 10:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

girls:

Kyra
Louise
Aenor
Eleanor
Aislinn
Rhiannon=:-)

guys:

Lindsey! hehe
Mac
Frederick

"We listen to their voices, ignoring our own voice" Stevie - SOTM
"I keep the dream in my pocket, never let it fade away" Lindsey - TITN
Old 03-22-2005, 10:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
I'll resist the urge to make a joke about my first boyfriend here.
Ew.

Quote:
As far as naming children... I don't know. As much as I love Stevie/FM, I don't think I'd really want it to be anything related to them. I'd want my children to have their own identity. (Not that I'm saying anything against naming your child after something Stevie/Mac related, I'm just stating the reason I don't think I'd do so.)
Wrong thread! That one's on the Stevie board.

Quote:
There are some names that I think are really terrific... but, when it comes down to it, I guess I'd prefer the choice of name(s) to be a total collaboration between my mate and I.
Not I. I have the names picked out already and it will be written in my prenup. Calista for a girl and Jude for a boy.

Quote:
Ok, how's that for non-committal?
I'd be non-committal if that was my boyfriend, too.

Old 03-22-2005, 10:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vianna
girls:

Kyra
Louise
Aenor
Eleanor
Aislinn
Rhiannon=:-)

guys:

Lindsey! hehe
Mac
Frederick
How do you pronounce "Aenor"?

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 03-22-2005, 10:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Ew.

Wrong thread! That one's on the Stevie board.

Not I. I have the names picked out already and it will be written in my prenup. Calista for a girl and Jude for a boy.

What about Calixta? is that different? that's pronounced different, right? On another note, you sure are a controlling little thing...

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 03-22-2005, 10:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
What about Calixta? is that different? that's pronounced different, right? On another note, you sure are a controlling little thing...
Oh, no. It has to be Cal-isssssss-ta, like Calista Flockhart. I think that is the most beautiful name in the world.

I know I'm controlling, but I've been feeling paternal these past few days and though I'm never going to have kids, I'd like to have a Calista and a Jude.

Old 03-22-2005, 10:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh, no. It has to be Cal-isssssss-ta, like Calista Flockhart. I think that is the most beautiful name in the world.

I know I'm controlling, but I've been feeling paternal these past few days and though I'm never going to have kids, I'd like to have a Calista and a Jude.
Ah, yes. I like the name Calixta, too, though. (I think it's pronounced "Ca light a, or something. I came across it in a spanish/creole girl character in a story by Kate Chopin) Calista is pretty, it's a bit consonental for me, but it could make my list, in theory...
Yes, clearly you need to own your kids by yourself, like I've always wanted to.... How else will I get away with naming one Lynx???
Though, I think it's more fun to think of kids names than to actually have kids...
Jude is ok - a bit evocative - like my best friend Lexi who wanted to name her kid Jezebel...

Old 03-22-2005, 10:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
My mom said one of the reasons she specifically chose my name is that there are no nicknames. One of her other choices was apparently "Felice", but she was worried about..."Fleas".... I think one of her other choices was...Amethyst, or something like that, which is weird, cause she's not airy fairy at all, but I guess it was 1974... My dad's name is Stan, and he suggested "Stanleyanna"
Your mom chose well.

My mom wanted to name me April but my dad wanted Susan so that I became. My mom has the same name. I wish I had been named April because I would have felt my own identity more strongly rather than feeling so enmeshed with my mother. Maybe I wouldn't have though, but it is also just a pretty name and unique. April Sue, hehe. That would be my stage name for my country singin' career, yeeehawww!

I really like the name Sara and may use that one. It's such a pretty name and I love the song. I've often thought of this. For a boy I am not so sure. Oh yeah, I also like the name Grace for a girl but it sort of conjures up different images since Will and Grace than I had in mind. Maybe I would name my son Robert since it is sort of a family name.
Old 03-22-2005, 10:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, clearly you need to own your kids by yourself, like I've always wanted to.... How else will I get away with naming one Lynx???
I would never be able to look my kid in the eye if I named him Lynx!

Quote:
Though, I think it's more fun to think of kids names than to actually have kids...
Most definitely.

Quote:
Jude is ok - a bit evocative - like my best friend Lexi who wanted to name her kid Jezebel...
I lurve it. Have lurved it ever since I heard "Hey Jude" years ago from that band I can't stand. I wish it was my name. I hate my name. *pouts*

Old 03-22-2005, 10:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Hmm, never? You've already decided? This reminds me, I like the name Clarissa and Celine. Except we know who ruined Celine. It was my mom's nana's name and she was divine.
Old 03-22-2005, 10:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze
Hmm, never? You've already decided? This reminds me, I like the name Clarissa and Celine. Except we know who ruined Celine. It was my mom's nana's name and she was divine.
Celine is (was) on my list. Luckily, I still like Celeste, and Celestine...actually I like them better...

Old 03-22-2005, 10:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Ew.
I love grossing you out.
I don't know why I love it like I do. I don't know why, I just do.

Quote:
Not I. I have the names picked out already and it will be written in my prenup.
*cough*control freak*cough*

Quote:
You mean the short, blunt one that leaves a bad taste in your mouth? All my friends referred to him as "The Asshole."
I don't know why I put up with him as long as I did. I guess because he was my first boyfriend and my cajones were still growing. *lol*

My new beau, on the other hand, is someone whom anyone would want to be their baby's daddy.
Old 03-22-2005, 10:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
those are cute nicknames, as far as nicknames go. well, I mainly like Riss, but...Sissy? not so much...
My dog knows me by "Sissy." If my mom says "go get Sissy!" she'll come to me. If she says Marissa, she'll come over to me eventually but generally, that's how it goes. It orginated with my childhood friends little brother and his inability to say my name. He used to call our other friend "DinDin" (Kristen) and his sister, Dawa (Karla). Karla still calls me Sis to this day.
Old 03-22-2005, 10:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildInTheWind
The only problem with them is people are always trying to shorten them! WHY!?!
Aside from shortening the long names, I don't know but my mom had some lightbulb go off before I was born. I was supposed to be "Marja" but my dad said "no way in hell." They decided on Marissa Leigh but with my last name (it's a long one), she opted against the Leigh and went for Lee citing it would be too difficult for a child to spell completely -_- Do you honestly think those extra two letters make much difference, mom? I like Leigh better.