The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-24-2006, 05:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red

Okay so you don't even see a slight resemblance? I mean, ignore the crazy Ani hair and facial piercings...you have the same facial alignment, kinda the same nose, but yours is smaller and totally the same mouth. That's a compliment, by the way, you ass!!!

And don't even get me started on the curly bangs! I distinctly remember instructing you to put down the scissors!
The bangs are totally cute at most times, so you were wrong - you just happened to be right this one day.

The only resemblance I can discern is that me and Ani both have faces....
our coloring is way different, too, so that makes it less than the none it already is...

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 07-24-2006, 09:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: In a dream. looking through a crystal glass or a piece of crystal or a diamond or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
I'm sure all the gay boys were thinking "look at that girls lame-o curlbang!"
I doubt it, gay boys in the Castro are too busy worrying about their own looks and criticizing other gay boys. I went to Ocean Beach over the weekend also.

Where'd you go in the Castro?

Last edited by SuzeQuze; 07-25-2006 at 06:59 AM..
Old 07-24-2006, 09:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: In a dream. looking through a crystal glass or a piece of crystal or a diamond or something.

Whoops, why does it say quoted by Red when I was quoting amber above?
Old 07-24-2006, 10:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickypt

I doubt it, gay boys in the Castro are too busy worrying about their own looks and criticizing other gay boys. I went to Ocean Beach over the weekend also.

Where'd you go in the Castro?
I know, I was totally kidding. That was the thing, why would they look at me??

It was saturday, everywhere was really crowded...which was unfortunate b/c I wanted to get a look at more of the bars.
We had a couple drinks in the glass coffin (I forgot the name, it's right on the corner with the large glass windows and old guys go there, old fashioned inside with an upstairs)
And we went to a place that I think just had a big red neon sign that said "BAR". It had red lighting inside, a small front smoking patio, and the tables inside were free standing (hanging from the ceiling) and circular.
Before that we ate at a mexican place with outside tables - tiny place, everything made fresh, super yummy.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 07-25-2006, 06:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
the glass coffin (I forgot the name, it's right on the corner with the large glass windows and old guys go there, old fashioned inside with an upstairs)
Twin Peaks Bar. It's one of the best and oldest bars in the Castro. And sounds like BAR on Castro was the other one.

I can take you and your friends on a tour of the watering holes on a slow night sometime if you want.
Old 07-25-2006, 07:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Whoops, why does it say quoted by Red when I was quoting amber above?
Somehow there was an extra [/QUOTE] in there but I fixed it.
Old 07-25-2006, 12:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Nice pictures AMber. I enjoyed them.
Old 07-25-2006, 12:08 PM
DavidMn
This message has been deleted by SuzeQuze.
Old 07-25-2006, 07:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Twin Peaks Bar. It's one of the best and oldest bars in the Castro. And sounds like BAR on Castro was the other one.

I can take you and your friends on a tour of the watering holes on a slow night sometime if you want.
Yes, that's right. I figured the place was called "BAR", but wasn't sure. I was sad Twin Peaks was the only bar we could fit into. Well, there was one other, a big airy bar with high round tables, dark, big streetside windows, also on a corner. It looked like a restaurant, but I don't think it was. However - even though it looked all quiet and nice, and everyone was sitting calmly at tables, they still had "nzzt nzzt nzzt nzzt" music playing really loud. It was odd. That's a great thing about the White Horse, the dance floor is a completely separate room. So they can have "nzzzt" in that room, while those who want to talk don't have to hear it very loud.
A tour? from what I could tell, they are all "right there". Also, "friends"? I was with my boyfriend. I don't have friends here, but I might have friend, but I'd love to go for a tour on a slow night.
Anyway, that is my favorite area for going out that I have seen so far in SF.

Old 07-25-2006, 08:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

whaddya say folks? yay? nay?
Old 07-25-2006, 10:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, there was one other, a big airy bar with high round tables, dark, big streetside windows, also on a corner.
That sounds like Harvey's, which is a restaurant and bar. And very loud, like you said.

I must've misread, I thought you went out with friends plural. And by tour, I meant giving a little history on the various bars, like the BAR on Castro used to be the Castro Station (lovingly referred to as the Castration) and was a dive for speed freaks and alcoholics to play pinball and watch movies during the day. So, a fascinating education kind of tour like that.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That sounds like Harvey's, which is a restaurant and bar. And very loud, like you said.

I must've misread, I thought you went out with friends plural. And by tour, I meant giving a little history on the various bars, like the BAR on Castro used to be the Castro Station (lovingly referred to as the Castration) and was a dive for speed freaks and alcoholics to play pinball and watch movies during the day. So, a fascinating education kind of tour like that.
It was pretty dive ish.
That would be cool. My bf was said there was one that the urinals were like a trough and had a mirror in front of them, and I think that was the same place where he said there was a patio out back? But we couldn't find it.
Yeah, was Harvey's, that's right.

Old 07-27-2006, 11:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Great pics, Amber! Looks like much fun.

I don't think you look like Ani either.
Old 07-27-2006, 11:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgrl

whaddya say folks? yay? nay?
Uhh, yeah totally! Actually, that pic of Ani looks like Amber in that one where she's got her hair over one eye. I think its from a year or s ago. THAT one is totally Ani.

I used to be Snow White but I drifted - Mae West.
Old 07-27-2006, 05:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I can see a resemblance....they arent twins for cripes sake but they arent at opposite ends of the spectrum either

ps: is there a way to shrink that dang thing down? since I hotlinked it, I dont think I have any control over the size?
Old 07-27-2006, 05:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
Uhh, yeah totally! Actually, that pic of Ani looks like Amber in that one where she's got her hair over one eye. I think its from a year or s ago. THAT one is totally Ani.
If you saw me in real life, bowl smoker, you would not think that. Wait, you met me! Bet you didn't think that then, didja?
There's nothing wrong with Ani, I just don't look like her.
I now feel your pain, Tiff/Nora, wherever you are.