The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-13-2011, 12:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Ugh, Louie, you said it ALL with your praise of OOTC. That album is a masterpiece of epic proportions. I could never compare it to Bella Donna. As a whole Out Of The Cradle is such a work of peerless art and beauty that can be played endlessly without tire. It is gorgeous, infectious, pure music. It is the kind of stuff dreams are made of. OOTC is the album you hand a close friend from out of town to remember you with. It's the kind of music you play on a long car drive, while jogging by the beach, in an airplane- I have done all of this while listening to it.

It's an utter gem and, imo, the greatest Fleetwood Mac related thing there is. I don't think if he tried hard enough it could be touched. It's hard to make that kind of perfect in one lifetime, but anything remotely near would be breathtaking in my book.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL

Last edited by Nico; 04-13-2011 at 12:23 AM..
Old 04-13-2011, 12:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well this is great news. I've seen Lindsey everytime he's toured and if he comes in my area I will for sure see him again.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I'm thrilled to hear Lindsey will be touring behind this one, and he and Fleetwood Mac have left Warner Bros! I hope Fleetwood Mac stays far, far away from Warner Bros... they have been SO lackadaisical in promoting Lindsey's, Fleetwood Mac's, and Stevie's new albums the past 10 years. I hope Lindsey is right that FM will keep recording, too. I'm also thoroughly intrigued Lindsey compares his new album to Out Of The Cradle... I'm more excited than ever for this project!!
Couldn't agree more.

Guys, it's a great, great time to be a Fleetwood Mac fan. I've never seen Lindsey solo and I'm SUPER stoked for the opportunity in the future.

Last edited by daniellaaarisen; 04-13-2011 at 01:45 AM..
Old 04-13-2011, 07:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
I'm really trying to be happy for Lindsey... but it kinda makes me sad that he is homeless and wondering what to do with himself. Same with FM. Fleetwood Mac and Warner Brothers is like the Beatles and EMI or Led Zeppelin and Atlantic. They are just so inextricably linked that it pains me to hear that FM, if they ever record another album, may have to go indie or to some B-list label like Nonesuch or Rhino. I mean, think of one artist/band that thrived after going from a major to an indie.

My gut tells me that Lindsey pretty much has no choice but to release it himself. No other majors will touch him, and any interested indie would not be able to afford him.
It worries me that he is deciding to not go with Warner. I feel they would continue to take him and/or Fleetwood Mac on, even if album sales are nil. No other label is going to put up with that. I could see him putting out the album himself, but signing with another label isn't the best idea. Also, why is he saying the album will be out in Sept. if he doesn't have a label yet?? It's too late in the game for all these changes.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Ugh, Louie, you said it ALL with your praise of OOTC. That album is a masterpiece of epic proportions. I could never compare it to Bella Donna. As a whole Out Of The Cradle is such a work of peerless art and beauty that can be played endlessly without tire. It is gorgeous, infectious, pure music. It is the kind of stuff dreams are made of. OOTC is the album you hand a close friend from out of town to remember you with. It's the kind of music you play on a long car drive, while jogging by the beach, in an airplane- I have done all of this while listening to it.

It's an utter gem and, imo, the greatest Fleetwood Mac related thing there is. I don't think if he tried hard enough it could be touched. It's hard to make that kind of perfect in one lifetime, but anything remotely near would be breathtaking in my book.
And when you're lying in bed all alone
Old 04-13-2011, 10:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I remember when I was going through my depression and I needed a lift OOTC was the one album I turned to. not Bella Donna or Wild Heart, OOTC. with the exception of Street of Dreams, that album put me in the BEST frame of mind. It's peerless. To this day when I get the rare bout of depression. I grab my wife and on goes OOTC. So thank you Lindsey. For making my escape album. A beautiful piece of work

Mick

-Tom Waits
Old 04-13-2011, 11:16 AM
Senior Ledgie

Squeeeeeee similar to OOTC?!?!?!?! YES!!! That is my favourite album of all time. Nico, I LOVE what you said about it...I have done all of those things to that album too, in fact, it basically lived with me during a very difficult time in my life...it got me through. It's just an incredible album, and the fact that he's comparing this one to it makes me even more excited than I already was!!

Re: Warner Bros, I'm SO glad to hear he's not with them anymore. He'd been unhappy there for a long time, and they did NOT treat him well. (I had the luxury of overhearing a conversation with a WB exec once, after a show...yikes.) I'd love to see him go with Nonesuch, they seem to be decent to their artists in terms of creativity, at least. Natalie Merchant released her last album with them, completely on her terms, and she toured behind it as well...I'm assuming they didn't make her pay for the entire thing, as WB did to Lindsey. I'm glad to hear he's also considering releasing it on his own though... I get the feeling that since he's saying it will be out in September, he's probably already talked to some labels, and if he doesn't like what they say he'll put it out himself. Whatever--just as long as it gets released in Canada, I'm happy, lol! He may not get the major marketing, etc, that a big label could provide... But they didn't provide it anyway, so hey, he can only go up from there! Actually, I have been thinking lately that there's already more buzz and news about this thing than there ever was with his last 2 albums on WB.

To sum it up: YAYYYYY!!!!

Follow me "on tour" this fall! www.ladylucky49.wordpress.com. Bloggin' the Seeds We Sow tour, from the view of a traveling fan.

http://baublesandbeadles.etsy.com ~*~Handmade Beaded Jewelry And Accessories

~~~The hurt that you feel makes you strong... Lindsey Buckingham~~~

Dancin' Across The USA: Lindsey Tour '06-'07
Ten shows. Ten thousand miles. My favorite song in the setlist. Hugs, kisses, and handshakes. Heaven.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was at a turning point in my life when OOTC was released. Things were starting to look up and it was the perfect album for me at the time, and my absolute favorite Lindsey album. " I'm just waiting on the countdown...things are about to turn around...and now I'm out of the lost and found...just waiting on the countdown..."
Old 04-13-2011, 01:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Great to have some new info! I plan on seeing him on his tour this year, if he swings by Dallas or somewhere close.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:37 PM
Ledgie

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiver View Post
Great to have some new info! I plan on seeing him on his tour this year, if he swings by Dallas or somewhere close.
And Philly and the Keswick Theater. Hopefully he'll do a sound check this time.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say You Will View Post
And Philly and the Keswick Theater. Hopefully he'll do a sound check this time.
Heh, I've never been to any concert before, unless you count bluegrass jams. Do you generally get to go listen to a soundcheck?
Old 04-13-2011, 03:44 PM
Ledgie

No, I didn't get in for the sound check. But the Music levels were so loud my wife had to leave and listen to it from the foyer. Supposedly, the police were called and informed management to lower the levels. It could be heard by people in the buildings outside!!
Old 04-13-2011, 05:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I'm really excited that "She Smiled Sweetly" will be on his next solo album. But I really think out of the demo's I've heard, I perfer the duet with Stevie. It sounds so good, reminds me of how magical they can be together.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairydust75 View Post
I'm really excited that "She Smiled Sweetly" will be on his next solo album. But I really think out of the demo's I've heard, I perfer the duet with Stevie. It sounds so good, reminds me of how magical they can be together.
demo? duet?

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
demo? duet?
yeah...they worked on the song while recording Say You Will. Stevie is singing backup vocals, so not really a duet. Sorry I used the wrong word.