The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-19-2005, 01:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brwn_eyes0511
And so the way to settle this is to get rid of any mention of the most common religion but allow it to continue for the other religious holidays. Where is the justice in that?
I didn't say that was justice, i asked you to present the facts in this particular case that you are citing. And for the record, I wouldn't agree with them foisting their religion either. if they do that, and it's not a purely Jewish, or purely uh...AFA Kwaanza school, then i would disagree with that too. But so far, i don't know that that has happened, for sure.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 01-19-2005, 01:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
Now, see, that last sentence proves what many of my friends already believe... that gay people ARE better than others.

But, again... and seriously... the words in the bible "condemning" homosexuality, were NOT God's words, but the words of human males.
As I've tried to explain over and over again, it was the words of these very same human males, which also promoted slavery, human sacrifices, female subjugation, and countless other things that we no longer in good conscience follow.

Why people feel the need, after all of that, to STILL hold fast and true to the equally archaic and ignorant comments made about homosexuality, is beyond me.

And, again... homosexuality does NOT go against the Ten Commandments.
And who are you to tell any bible believing Christians that its all made up trash...God didn't inspire anyone! Prepared to be stoned! LOL
Old 01-19-2005, 01:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
LOL...OK..have fun! And dont forget...you have to sing some Chris songs!
Noway! there's none on there anyway. Only chris songs i would do are probably...Isn't it midnight, Heart of Stone, and Say that you love me.
they only have Silver Springs, SDMHA, and Dreams...

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 01-19-2005, 01:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
I didn't say that was justice, i asked you to present the facts in this particular case that you are citing. And for the record, I wouldn't agree with them foisting their religion either. if they do that, and it's not a purely Jewish, or purely uh...AFA Kwaanza school, then i would disagree with that too. But so far, i don't know that that has happened, for sure.
K, tomorrow Ill try to look for the article about it. It was all over the news this past christmas!
Old 01-19-2005, 01:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool There's only one guarantee...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847
Not even Rita Cosby and Stevie Nicks TOGETHER?!!

LOL
in my life, One serious guarantee...If I ever lost the ability to enjoy music I will prepare to take a dirtnap by my own hands.

Ya can take my sight, my speech, my ability to walk or write...But take my ability to hear and go ahead and pass me the cyanide tablets cause it will be checkout time from the hotel known as life

Sex for music is a no brainer...Music wins over all!!!!Music is the one constant in my life, has been for over 34 years now...Will be til the day I die

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 01-19-2005, 01:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Ok you asked for it

Quote:
NO you are contradicting yourself.

Do you have the CHOICE to murder me...Yes...but you are denying me my RIGHTS to LIFE LIBERTY AND MY PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS...

When you murder that baby...you are robbing him/her early own. Its no ones right to murder another innocent human being.

THAT...is the law of the land.
first of all, it is NOT the law of the land. currently the law of the land allows a woman to get an abortion in the first trimester.

second of all: just WHERE do you think this bundle of cells/tissue gets the raw material it needs to form? YOU GOT IT--the MOTHER'S BODY. In Nature, when one organism feeds off another or depends upon another for its sustenance, it is parasitism. I know of women who have lost teeth, hair and bone mass due to the needs of the growing baby. Others have had to endure pregnancy related diseases. still others become deathly ill from incompatibilities evident between mother and child's systems and have needed medications to avoid spontaneous abortions! There are unhealthy fluctuations in weight gain/loss; there are unexplained separations of placenta from womb. To FORCE a woman to endure the physical risks is bad enough but what about the financial hardships that many young mothers face? many of whom are alone because males in this country are sadly bereft of any sense of responsibility....as a Social Worker, I see THAT too.....so, the result is a swelling of the ranks of public assistance! THEN there is the emotional/mental angle: what about a very young mother? or one who's family is disapproving and therefore distant?
Your "religious" approach to this issue cannot solve all of the problems and to FORCE women to have a baby when for one reason or another it is not workable is legalizing a form of slavery.
Old 01-19-2005, 01:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
And who are you to tell any bible believing Christians that its all made up trash...God didn't inspire anyone! Prepared to be stoned! LOL
I don't recall where I've EVER said, or even implied, that it's all made up trash.

In fact, I'm one of the few liberals around here who defends the importance of the good that can be gleaned from the Bible.

I just don't happen to agree with the notion that everything in the Bible should be taken so literally. I also don't agree with the prevailing notion that some things can be conveniently overlooked or dispelled because we've progressed as a society, but other things... like the idea that homosexuality is "unnatural"... should be held to, simply because they make people uncomfortable.
Old 01-19-2005, 01:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgrl
first of all, it is NOT the law of the land. currently the law of the land allows a woman to get an abortion in the first trimester.

second of all: just WHERE do you think this bundle of cells/tissue gets the raw material it needs to form? YOU GOT IT--the MOTHER'S BODY. In Nature, when one organism feeds off another or depends upon another for its sustenance, it is parasitism. I know of women who have lost teeth, hair and bone mass due to the needs of the growing baby. Others have had to endure pregnancy related diseases. still others become deathly ill from incompatibilities evident between mother and child's systems and have needed medications to avoid spontaneous abortions! There are unhealthy fluctuations in weight gain/loss; there are unexplained separations of placenta from womb. To FORCE a woman to endure the physical risks is bad enough but what about the financial hardships that many young mothers face? many of whom are alone because males in this country are sadly bereft of any sense of responsibility....as a Social Worker, I see THAT too.....so, the result is a swelling of the ranks of public assistance! THEN there is the emotional/mental angle: what about a very young mother? or one who's family is disapproving and therefore distant?
Your "religious" approach to this issue cannot solve all of the problems and to FORCE women to have a baby when for one reason or another it is not workable is legalizing a form of slavery.
My bad, wanting an individual to live is slavery I’m sorry...

What you just posted has to be one of the sickest things I have ever read!

Abortion is one of the most bestial things that exist in our society today!
Old 01-19-2005, 01:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
My bad, wanting an individual to live is slavery I’m sorry...

What you just posted has to be one of the sickest things I have ever read!

Abortion is one of the most bestial things that exist in our society today!
No, it's not. to me, the worse crime is raising a child poorly. And by poorly, I mean a child who is neglected, may do heinous crimes later, may have a terrible life. Organisms live and die, daily, of all species. It's part of the life cycle.
And, what's the problem, if you think these clumps of cells have souls, wouldn't those souls just go to god anyway?
do you support the death penalty?

Old 01-19-2005, 01:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default No...........

Quote:
My bad, wanting an individual to live is slavery I?m sorry...
Why is it that the Baby's life is more important than the mother's?

Abortion is a sad thing and should be a LAST resort and NEVER used as a form of birth control BUT: the thing I want to get across to you and the thing I wish people would all understand is that NOT ONE OF US HAS THE RIGHT TO TELL ANOTHER PERSON HOW TO LIVE THEIR LIVES. If you want to smoke, Fine! if you dont want to, fine! If you drink or not, thats up to you! You pick your friends, your tv shows, your underwear. You choose big things and small things every day of your life, and no one interferes! If you dont believe in abortion, fine! But dont try to impose your belief on someone else...and for the record: Ive been pregnant 3 times and have 3 beautiful children. I CHOSE NOT TO HAVE AN ABORTION. Pro-Choice doesnt mean Pro-Death.

having read Amber's response, I want to add, Every baby should be a WANTED baby. Each child that DOES make it into this world deserves to have a decent life, be raised by parent(s) who are prepared financially, mentally, emotionally to give that child the very best (s)he can in terms of upbringing. It is a huge responsibility and therefore, only people that are in a position to be responsible should undertake this task.

Last edited by irishgrl; 01-19-2005 at 01:44 AM..
Old 01-19-2005, 01:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
having read Amber's response, I want to add, Every baby should be a WANTED baby. Each child that DOES make it into this world deserves to have a decent life, be raised by parent(s) who are prepared financially, mentally, emotionally to give that child the very best (s)he can in terms of upbringing. It is a huge responsibility and therefore, only people that are in a position to be responsible should undertake this task.
Amen and hallelujah.
you know what else goads me? The way some repubs are against abortion, but against welfare, too. Hello? Hello? anyone home in there?

Old 01-19-2005, 01:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No! Your thinking of Jewish Orthodoxy.
aw, I stand corrected.

Watching the drama of the Ledge since 2001.
Old 01-19-2005, 01:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default not to mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
Amen and hallelujah.
you know what else goads me? The way some repubs are against abortion, but against welfare, too. Hello? Hello? anyone home in there?
what about the restrictions on BIRTH CONTROL???? lessee: no birth control, enforced pregnancy, NO DIVORCE if pregnant, no abortion.....women will be nothing more than brood mares--the old male fantasy: keep em barefoot and knocked up! thats ONE way to take back control of society: keep em out of classrooms, out of boardrooms, and back into bedrooms. with no voice. like I said, the 19th century is looming closer all the time....
Old 01-19-2005, 01:50 AM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 01-19-2005, 01:52 AM
Lux
Old 01-19-2005, 01:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
what about the restrictions on BIRTH CONTROL???? lessee: no birth control, enforced pregnancy, NO DIVORCE if pregnant, no abortion.....women will be nothing more than brood mares--the old male fantasy: keep em barefoot and knocked up! thats ONE way to take back control of society: keep em out of classrooms, out of boardrooms, and back into bedrooms. with no voice. like I said, the 19th century is looming closer all the time....
God, it makes me sick. I can't believe the articles i read recently on the restriction of the morning after pill.
yep, yep, and yep.

Old 01-19-2005, 02:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default ah, time waits for no man...

I see that new threads have been started re: the failure of this type of discussion to really change anyone's mind, and ya know? its true. Im NEVER going to see things the way Brown Eyes sees them and I am equally certain, he is NEVER going to see things the way I see them. And that's ok.
Old 01-19-2005, 02:07 AM
Lux