The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-28-2014, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think Stevie's not in the studio because she's not sold on the idea of Lindsey producing her stuff. And I think politically it's probably tension-producing (pardon the pun) if he produces everything BUT her work-- then she looks like not a team player. I believe she would prefer if the *band* decided to go with an outside producer overall and then everyone's working together, rather than everyone else over here with LB producing and Stevie over there with "her" producer. That makes her look like the problem child, and she doesn't see herself as the problem, she sees LB producing as the "problem" so to speak. She wasn't comfortable with how her work came out under his direction on SYW and she loved the experience of being listened to and respected with Dave S and doesn't think, no matter how things are onstage, that that will happen in the studio with Lindsey. And she's probably right. And unless/until they come up with something that is comfortable for everyone, I don't see an album like we want getting put together. Which sucks, because none of them is getting any younger.
Old 03-28-2014, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I think Stevie's not in the studio because she's not sold on the idea of Lindsey producing her stuff. And I think politically it's probably tension-producing (pardon the pun) if he produces everything BUT her work-- then she looks like not a team player. I believe she would prefer if the *band* decided to go with an outside producer overall and then everyone's working together, rather than everyone else over here with LB producing and Stevie over there with "her" producer. That makes her look like the problem child, and she doesn't see herself as the problem, she sees LB producing as the "problem" so to speak. She wasn't comfortable with how her work came out under his direction on SYW and she loved the experience of being listened to and respected with Dave S and doesn't think, no matter how things are onstage, that that will happen in the studio with Lindsey. And she's probably right. And unless/until they come up with something that is comfortable for everyone, I don't see an album like we want getting put together. Which sucks, because none of them is getting any younger.
Well if Lindsey could bring in Mitchell Froom for his songs then Stevie should be able to have some outside help on her songs.
Old 03-28-2014, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I don't think Stevie is not in the studio because she's not needed or because they are working on other songs. She has said she guesses she must be vibey because people WANT her in the studio and mind when she isn't. I think there's a conflict with Stevie, which is why she's not there.

However. I am not worried about it. I feel it will be resolved. My guess is there is bluffing. There's a standoff, but it will work out in the end. Michele
I think you're absolutely right... there's some hardcore posturing going on right now. I do wonder what the conflict is this time around, though.

We now know Lindsey is producing Christine's songs- does Stevie not want Lindsey to produce hers, or is she disagreeing with Lindsey's choice of an outside producer (likely Mitchell Froom)? Or maybe Stevie wants to bring in Dave Stewart, but can't make their schedules match up. Perhaps she wants Dave to produce all their songs, but is getting resistance.

I've noticed the Today show interview & some of these new pictures were taken at Stevie's home- does Stevie not want to record at the Village, but her home instead?

Maybe she disagrees with Lindsey how many of her songs she needs to commit to the album.

Perhaps Stevie isn't liking her cut of the pie now that Christine has reentered the picture. I'm guessing her managers are absolutely pushing for Stevie to have more clout & cash than she did during Say You Will, for instance. The options are endless, really.

Last edited by louielouie2000; 03-28-2014 at 02:14 PM..
Old 03-28-2014, 02:14 PM
Registered

I Don't Know Why ANYONE ON THIS WEBSITE CAN JUST UNDERSTAND THAT FLEETWOOD MAC (ALL OF IT) IS RECORDING!

You Guys Have To Be Difficult, Don't You! You Gotta Make Me Raise my Caps Lock And All...

Calm Down! Christine McVie, John McVie, Mick Fleetwood, Stevie Nicks, and Lindsey Buckingham are In A Studio Right Now Recording Something You Would All Die To Hear!
Old 03-28-2014, 02:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's just all bull****. Nicks offered 5 million to get her back and she's not there when the band records and plays with Chris' new demo's. She should be there to support Christine and add ideas and be part of the Chemistry that Christine talks about. It's chemistry without Nicks. it's about chemistry between Lindsey Mick and Christine. Not within the band. She should be ashamed of all the bull about what a great band it is. She's basicly not in it.

Old 03-28-2014, 02:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I think you're absolutely right... there's some hardcore posturing going on right now. I do wonder what the conflict is this time around, though.

We now know Lindsey is producing Christine's songs- does Stevie not want Lindsey to produce hers, or is she disagreeing with Lindsey's choice of an outside producer (likely Mitchell Froom)? Or maybe Stevie wants to bring in Dave Stewart, but can't make their schedules match up. Perhaps she wants Dave to produce all their songs, but is getting resistance.

this seems most likely to me. I don't get the sense she'd be holding up an album over Christine's cut- not after offering her $5million to come back which I just assumed was Stevie doing her exaggeration thing until Christine said it had happened in one several recent interviews.
Old 03-28-2014, 02:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
It's just all bull****. Nicks offered 5 million to get her back and she's not there when the band records and plays with Chris' new demo's. She should be there to support Christine and add ideas and be part of the Chemistry that Christine talks about. It's chemistry without Nicks. it's about chemistry between Lindsey Mick and Christine. Not within the band. She should be ashamed of all the bull about what a great band it is. She's basicly not in it.
we posted at the same time…but interpret things differently. I don't think Stevie's not supporting Chris at all.
Old 03-28-2014, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcomechris View Post
I Don't Know Why ANYONE ON THIS WEBSITE CAN JUST UNDERSTAND THAT FLEETWOOD MAC (ALL OF IT) IS RECORDING!

You Guys Have To Be Difficult, Don't You! You Gotta Make Me Raise my Caps Lock And All...

Calm Down! Christine McVie, John McVie, Mick Fleetwood, Stevie Nicks, and Lindsey Buckingham are In A Studio Right Now Recording Something You Would All Die To Hear!
There's also the matter of capitalizing the first letter of every word.

Nice rah rah speech there, but it ignores the information we've been given. We have no reason to believe Stevie is in the studio recording with the band.
Old 03-28-2014, 02:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

There are two levels of chemistry in Fleetwood Mac... the chemistry between the musicians, and the chemistry between the vocalists. It sounds to me that they're mainly working, at this moment, on song arrangements and instrumentation. What could Stevie lend to that?

If we're simply talking about moral support, she can be providing that in any number of other ways.

Last edited by Johnny Stew; 03-28-2014 at 02:36 PM..
Old 03-28-2014, 03:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
we posted at the same time…but interpret things differently. I don't think Stevie's not supporting Chris at all.
Well, it seems that she is not in the studio while Mick and Lindsey work with Chris on her songs. That is the support I want to see. They are a band.

Old 03-28-2014, 03:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
There are two levels of chemistry in Fleetwood Mac... the chemistry between the musicians, and the chemistry between the vocalists. It sounds to me that they're mainly working, at this moment, on song arrangements and instrumentation. What could Stevie lend to that?
What a crap. Being there. Your big friend hasn't record with the band for 27 years. Be there, be part of the great chemistry in the band.

Old 03-28-2014, 03:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
What a crap. Being there. Your big friend hasn't record with the band for 27 years. Be there, be part of the great chemistry in the band.
It is odd that her attitude towards recording with the band doesn't seem to have changed even with Christine back in the fold. She's still being difficult about it.
Old 03-28-2014, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, it seems that she is not in the studio while Mick and Lindsey work with Chris on her songs. That is the support I want to see. They are a band.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
It is odd that her attitude towards recording with the band doesn't seem to have changed even with Christine back in the fold. She's still being difficult about it.
It's hard to support the band when they don't want you around when they are working on their stuff (LB & CM songs)...
Old 03-28-2014, 03:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
It's hard to support the band when they don't want you around when they are working on their stuff (LB & CM songs)...
That's an odd statement. They clearly want Stevie around. Again, they have no other option than to work on Christine songs. Stevie isn't there and has not provided them with any songs.
Old 03-28-2014, 04:51 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
There's also the matter of capitalizing the first letter of every word.

Nice rah rah speech there, but it ignores the information we've been given. We have no reason to believe Stevie is in the studio recording with the band.
Who said Stevie was not recording? Nobody!! It Sounded Like Lindsey Wanted to tell the world they are recording with Christine, That Doesn't Mean Stevie's Not There!

Last edited by Ledge Moderators; 03-28-2014 at 09:23 PM.. Reason: Don't be annoying, please.