The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-23-2009, 06:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Dark in my flaming staircase, being totally unfamiliar with the artist or her music

"Oh my God! Who farted?!"
Old 08-23-2009, 08:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SortaSavageLike View Post
"You want to put a thermometer where?"
Ha Ha!! She just caught a glimpse of Lindsey's Mirage "amish hat and suit" get-up. YIKES!!!!
Old 08-23-2009, 09:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

"WAIT a minute, I did WHAT with Mick!!!? "

Old 08-24-2009, 11:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Tracker View Post
"WAIT a minute, I did WHAT with Mick!!!? "

replace "mick" with "waddy".

*full body shiver*
Old 08-24-2009, 01:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She did something with Waddy too? *sigh*. Stevie is a real trooper.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brysondt View Post
She did something with Waddy too? *sigh*. Stevie is a real trooper.
At least a good aspect of her is that she sees people for their "inner beauty". I mean, you've got to, if you're sleeping with Mick Fleetwood/Joe Walsh/Jimmy Iovine/Waddy Wachtel/Rupert Hine/Tom Petty (come on, she's got to have)/Dave Stewart etc.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

lol...Mama has got the worst taste in men! And even though I really adore Tom Petty...does anyone know if she really did have a thing with him?? Has there ever been any kind of confirmation about that from anyone. I know there was that article that said so, but I wasn't convinced that she had really acknowledged it.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyBlueEyes View Post
lol...Mama has got the worst taste in men! And even though I really adore Tom Petty...does anyone know if she really did have a thing with him?? Has there ever been any kind of confirmation about that from anyone. I know there was that article that said so, but I wasn't convinced that she had really acknowledged it.
No, Stevie says they were just friends and that the rumors hurt her, because it made Tom avoid her for the sake of his marriage and that was painful. He asked her not to come to one of his appearances or something, when that gossip was circulating.

Michele
Old 08-24-2009, 04:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
No, Stevie says they were just friends and that the rumors hurt her, because it made Tom avoid her for the sake of his marriage and that was painful. He asked her not to come to one of his appearances or something, when that gossip was circulating.
Oh, great. That was probably when the Heartbreakers played the Forum on their Southern Accents tour & I expected Stevie to guest -- & she didn't. How bummed I was, how bummed, bummed.

To make me feel better, I snagged these photos from "Pat & Sharon" taken in Madison WI on May 11, 1980.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 08-24-2009, 05:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Love the pictures...thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

Michele
Thank you so much for clearing that up for me. That's really sad...it must have been awful to have those rumors circulating about someone who had actually been a true friend to her. Something told me that it wasn't true but I could never find a difinitive answer on the subject...other than that very questionable article that I mentioned. I can't tell you how many different Stevie and Tom combinations I've used on the Ledge search engine to find an answer
Old 08-24-2009, 07:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for posting those pics, David. They are really amazing because they were clearly taken from the aud. by a fan. Almost all the pics these days are taken like this, but most of my pictures in my collection from, say, the Tusk tour are pro shots. But seeing pics like the ones you just posted really brings reality to the band. Since I wasn't there it often seems more like a fantasy...but those pictures don't lie.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailatixela View Post
Thanks for posting those pics, David. They are really amazing because they were clearly taken from the aud. by a fan. Almost all the pics these days are taken like this, but most of my pictures in my collection from, say, the Tusk tour are pro shots. But seeing pics like the ones you just posted really brings reality to the band. Since I wasn't there it often seems more like a fantasy...but those pictures don't lie.
I liked them too! I just grabbed them from one of those photo database sites. Plus I like the way they indicate to the youngsters here that all those capes & shawls that they call the Gold Dust woman shawl or the Stand Back cape or the Edge of Seventeen cape (or whatever) really started out life differently! The Stand Back cape was the Sisters of the Moon cape, the Edge of Seventeen cape was the Say You Love Me/The Chain cape, & so on.

Stevie was the first green rock star! she recycled her capewear.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 08-24-2009, 07:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailatixela View Post
I completely agree! While those photos aren't as expertly taken, I can actually imagine being in the audience and seeing the concert at that angle, where the professional photos are often more like a piece of art, iconic even. The great thing about these photos too is you can see how vibrant Stevie's clothes looked: the purple and white satin just seems to glow on stage judging from the pics
Old 08-24-2009, 08:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyBlueEyes View Post

Thank you so much for clearing that up for me. That's really sad...it must have been awful to have those rumors circulating about someone who had actually been a true friend to her. Something told me that it wasn't true but I could never find a difinitive answer on the subject...other than that very questionable article that I mentioned. I can't tell you how many different Stevie and Tom combinations I've used on the Ledge search engine to find an answer
Well, they might have been together but, if so, she's keeping that secret.

Michele
Old 08-24-2009, 09:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Have we seen this one before? It's new to me.