User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-22-2015, 10:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yes, I agree. I think that's why Mick and Christine went to her selfie photography opening too. I mean Mick goes a lot of places because he's like that. So, he would have shown up. But I don't think that would be Christine's cup of tea normally. Michele
I agree.In that interview the 1st thing to come out of Chris's mouth was "I'm here for Stevie".
Old 02-22-2015, 10:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
NUMBER OF TOP 40 FLEETWOOD MAC SINGLES
Christine: 9
Stevie: 5
Lindsey: 3

The 2014-15 tour has been MUCH more successful than the 2013 tour. What changed? Stevie was on both, Lindsey, Mick, and John were also on both. Tickets could be found for under $50 for opening night to in 2013. Not so in 2014. Sadly, I didn't see the price of that pavilion tour where Stevie was opening for Rod Stewart to use for comparison.

But, yeah, it's all about Stevie.
Some fans seem so desperate to me... Always trying to scream the loudest so that no one else can be heard.

Stevie played the game and won. The others couldn't care less until now. You snooze you lose.
Old 02-22-2015, 11:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
Stevie does not have to do anything that her boss (Mick) is not requiring her to do...The blame for the fact that there has been no new FM product since "SYW" rests solely on Micks shoulders and no one else...
But as Stevie says,"Nobody has the balls to tell me what to do"Plus,they were "in love"(whatever that means to her) and had their thing going on,along time ago albeit.She was probably in charge of that too.

Last edited by teedeerocks; 02-22-2015 at 11:04 PM.. Reason: another thought
Old 02-22-2015, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Some fans seem so desperate to me... Always trying to scream the loudest so that no one else can be heard.

Stevie played the game and won. The others couldn't care less until now. You snooze you lose.
Say something that makes sense and we might actually listen.
Old 02-22-2015, 11:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
We only scream loud because your head is so far up your a... Never mind. I won't waste being clever on you. You're like a neutered puppy, you wouldn't get it.

Quote:
Stevie played the game and won.
What exactly did she win? A Def Leppard mirror? She OPENED for Rod Stewart on a pavilion tour a few years ago, she's HEADLINING with Fleetwood Mac on an arena tour right now. Stevie outside of Fleetwood Mac is hardly "winning."

Quote:
The others couldn't care less until now.
Yeah, because they already knew the path to major success was Fleetwood Mac. THE very last time anybody in Fleetwood Mac had a top 40 single was in 1990, a quarter of a century ago, and it was a Christine McVie song. The relevance of Stevie's solo career is long, long gone.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-23-2015, 12:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
Stevie does not have to do anything that her boss (Mick) is not requiring her to do...The blame for the fact that there has been no new FM product since "SYW" rests solely on Micks shoulders and no one else...
What are you talking about? Before Christine's return Stevie was absolutely necessary or else it would just be a Lindsey solo album. In fact, Mick and John appear on several tracks on his last few albums. Just the 3 of them. Never once in Fleetwood Mac's history has there only been one singer/songwriter. That's not how the band operates. None of your arguments are based in reality and truth is Stevie has power within the band.

Last edited by MikeVielhaber; 02-23-2015 at 12:11 AM..
Old 02-23-2015, 12:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default i agree

Quote:
It's time to accept the fact that Stevie is Fleetwood Mac. Life would be a lot easier if you all would just accept it.
You're going to catch HELL for this comment, but Stevie is the face of the band. no one else is "summoning" reporters for interviews, getting magazine covers, or even remotely on the pop culture landscape as Stevie is.
I guess the proof is in the pudding. this is the MOST commented thread in the midst of the band's current tour. Love or hate her, she brings attention.
Old 02-23-2015, 12:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't agree. I haven't been to one of their shows since the Dance. I will only go to a show with the five of them. If any of them leave I am no longer interested. For me it's about the five of them.
Old 02-23-2015, 01:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnystorms View Post
You're going to catch HELL for this comment, but Stevie is the face of the band. no one else is "summoning" reporters for interviews, getting magazine covers, or even remotely on the pop culture landscape as Stevie is.
I guess the proof is in the pudding. this is the MOST commented thread in the midst of the band's current tour. Love or hate her, she brings attention.
Listen Human Torch, the reason this thread has gotten so much attention is because, like Fleetwood Mac, Fleetwood Mac fans are frustrated by Stevie's lack of commitments to the band. We'd rather have the glorious combination of the Fleetwood-McVie-McVie rhythm section coupled with Buckingham's amazing finger style guitar playing combined with those harmonies. That doesn't happen on a Stevie Nicks solo album.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-23-2015, 01:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Flame On

Quote:
Listen Human Torch, the reason this thread has gotten so much attention is because, like Fleetwood Mac, Fleetwood Mac fans are frustrated by Stevie's lack of commitments to the band. We'd rather have the glorious combination of the Fleetwood-McVie-McVie rhythm section coupled with Buckingham's amazing finger style guitar playing combined with those harmonies. That doesn't happen on a Stevie Nicks solo album.
but the harmonies aren't "amazing" without Stevie
Old 02-23-2015, 01:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
right, and those 5 backup singers…...
Old 02-23-2015, 01:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Maybe not, but Lindsey and Christine can do adequate harmonies. They proved that on most of Tango in the Night. But I think also the point was that Stevie's songs are better with those elements as well.
Old 02-23-2015, 01:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
We only scream loud because your head is so far up your a... Never mind. I won't waste being clever on you. You're like a neutered puppy, you wouldn't get it.

What exactly did she win? A Def Leppard mirror? She OPENED for Rod Stewart on a pavilion tour a few years ago, she's HEADLINING with Fleetwood Mac on an arena tour right now. Stevie outside of Fleetwood Mac is hardly "winning."

Yeah, because they already knew the path to major success was Fleetwood Mac. THE very last time anybody in Fleetwood Mac had a top 40 single was in 1990, a quarter of a century ago, and it was a Christine McVie song. The relevance of Stevie's solo career is long, long gone.
Accept it! Life will be so much easier... You are going to have a heart attack trying to convince everybody otherwise...
Old 02-23-2015, 02:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Accept it! Life will be so much easier... You are going to have a heart attack trying to convince everybody otherwise...

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-23-2015, 09:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
What are you talking about? Before Christine's return Stevie was absolutely necessary or else it would just be a Lindsey solo album. In fact, Mick and John appear on several tracks on his last few albums. Just the 3 of them. Never once in Fleetwood Mac's history has there only been one singer/songwriter. That's not how the band operates. None of your arguments are based in reality and truth is Stevie has power within the band.
Re-read the post!!!

Stevie does not have to do anything! Until Mick Fleetwood tells her she has to be in the studio on a certain date and if she fails to appear there will be stern consequences then she will continue to do as she pleases. And the fact that she continues to do as she pleases and is disrupting the attitude of the the other employees of the company is a direct result of her Boss being unwilling to take action.

And as for before the CM return...Peter was replaced. Bob was replaced. Lindsey was replaced. Stevie was replaced once before. Why would that time have been any different?. It's something that's part of the business.
Having one SS could have been a new chapter in the FM story.

But this is Fleetwood Mac the greatest Fleetwood Mac "Tribute" band out there...They have become nothing but a caricature of themselves and will do NOTHING that will put their "Cash Cow Rumours /Oldies Tour" revenue in jeopardy

Last edited by BlueDenimLamp; 02-23-2015 at 09:54 AM..