Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-23-2015, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
Re-read the post!!!

Stevie does not have to do anything! Until Mick Fleetwood tells her she has to be in the studio on a certain date and if she fails to appear there will be stern consequences then she will continue to do as she pleases. And the fact that she continues to do as she pleases and is disrupting the attitude of the the other employees of the company is a direct result of her Boss being unwilling to take action.

And as for before the CM return...Peter was replaced. Bob was replaced. Lindsey was replaced. Stevie was replaced once before. Why would that time have been any different?. It's something that's part of the business.
Having one SS could have been a new chapter in the FM story.

But this is Fleetwood Mac the greatest Fleetwood Mac "Tribute" band out there...They have become nothing but a caricature of themselves and will do NOTHING that will put their "Cash Cow Rumours /Oldies Tour" revenue in jeopardy

What stern consequences? That she's out of the band? That was my point. You couldn't get rid of her at that point because all you had was Stevie and Lindsey.

And it IS different. You keep thinking that things are the same as back when they were young and in the prime of their careers and had to keep going. Since they reunited the Rumours lineup for The Dance that's all it was ever going to be. They weren't going to go back replacing members with new guys anymore. They aren't a current band who can establish a new lineup with hit songs and albums. They're an oldies band and the fans, hardcore and casual alike, aren't going to be receptive of new band members. At this point they don't have to keep going. They can just retire. There's no incentive for them to bring on new band members and try to make it again.

Last edited by MikeVielhaber; 02-23-2015 at 02:31 PM..
Old 02-23-2015, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
What stern consequences? That she's out of the band? That was my point. You couldn't get rid of her at that point because all you had was Stevie and Lindsey.

And it IS different. You keep thinking that things are the same as back when they were young and in the prime of their careers and had to keep going. Since they reunited the Rumours lineup for The Dance that's all it was ever going to be. They weren't going to go back replacing members with new guys anymore. They aren't a current band who can establish a new lineup with hit songs and albums. They're an oldies band and the fans, hardcore and casual alike, aren't going to be receptive of new band members. At this point they don't have to keep going. They can just retire. There's no reason for them to bring on new band members and try to make it again.
I would be, but I get what you're saying and I'd be OK with them retiring at this point.

John
Old 02-23-2015, 07:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
They weren't going to go back replacing members with new guys anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetcamelfood View Post
I would be, but I get what you're saying and I'd be OK with them retiring at this point.
it might be interesting if they have Lindsey and Christine, and they replace Stevie - depending on who they replace her with, whether they look for creativity or fame in the replacement member etc.

but i feel strongly having the only iteration of the rumours 5 that we didn't have yet - Lindsey and Christine heading the band (since we had Lindsey and Stevie, and we had Stevie and Christine), without any replacements would be the most interesting, and very appropriate.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-23-2015, 08:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

And it IS different. You keep thinking that things are the same as back when they were young and in the prime of their careers and had to keep going. Since they reunited the Rumours lineup for The Dance that's all it was ever going to be. They weren't going to go back replacing members with new guys anymore. They aren't a current band who can establish a new lineup with hit songs and albums. They're an oldies band and the fans, hardcore and casual alike, aren't going to be receptive of new band members. At this point they don't have to keep going. They can just retire. There's no incentive for them to bring on new band members and try to make it again.
You're right.I think Bucky's "whole new chapter" speech is a bunch of caca.What new chapter?They are wrapping things up now and I don''t think they have the energy or desire to break a newbie in at this point.I know I sure wouldn't.And I don't think anyone would be particularly interested in joining their band just b/c everyone knows their time is limited and that Stevie is a REAL tough act to follow IMO.
Old 02-23-2015, 08:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This reminds me of what Stevie said about Mick's new line up in 1994:

Quote:
It's not the real Fleetwood Mac. They have a new female singer, Bekka Bramlett. She's a blues singer. Dave Mason, from Traffic, is in the band. He used to be in a band with Mick and John years ago. Billy Burnette, who joined in 1987, will play guitar. All they need is a piano player. If they're smart, they'll play the blues. I don't think Mick is stupid enough to recreate what we once had. Although, this never occurred to me until a couple of weeks ago. I looked up to a couple of people and said, "Do you think they are going do my songs?" If I was them, I would stay away from the standards.
Old 02-23-2015, 08:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedeerocks View Post
You're right.I think Bucky's "whole new chapter" speech is a bunch of caca.What new chapter?They are wrapping things up now and I don''t think they have the energy or desire to break a newbie in at this point.I know I sure wouldn't.And I don't think anyone would be particularly interested in joining their band just b/c everyone knows their time is limited and that Stevie is a REAL tough act to follow IMO.
i don't know that they initially planned to wrap things up.... LB certainly seems to have more energy than people half his age, and Christine doesn't seem that far behind. but i think if they want to stay in their rumours 5 incarnation they are forced to wrap up since SN is not willing to be creative with them.

i have no doubt that anyone who would join the band instead of SN would get lots of hate from chiffs, and if it's someone that's not well known they may have a really hard time... i mean, just read this thread!

if it would be someone more popular than Stevie, than i guess they would become somewhat of a supergroup.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-23-2015, 09:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey seems dead set on recording after the tour though so maybe that's with or without Stevie.
Old 02-23-2015, 09:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is Stevie's legacy too. Do you really think she won't be on the last studio record? With all the work she has done to keep this band relevant. She will be there.
Old 02-23-2015, 09:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalzaretta View Post
This is Stevie's legacy too. Do you really think she won't be on the last studio record? With all the work she has done to keep this band relevant. She will be there.
it was not supposed to be their last studio record... and still doesn't have to be.

she doesn't have to be on their next one since she clearly doesn't want to. she can wait till they get to the last one and probably they'd let her be there.

Old 02-23-2015, 11:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalzaretta View Post
^^ i couldn't agree more, and this will be there last album folks.. All 5 members are healthy now, & health wise things could be different in 5 or so years down the track.. Their not going to let this opportunity slip by now that Christine is back, and have already worked on some new songs with Lindsey etc..
Old 02-23-2015, 11:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i have no doubt that anyone who would join the band instead of SN would get lots of hate from chiffs, and if it's someone that's not well known they may have a really hard time... i mean, just read this thread!

if it would be someone more popular than Stevie, than i guess they would become somewhat of a supergroup.
I don't think it has to be somebody more popular than Stevie, per se, but it would have to be somebody with an independent mainstream identity, so that she wouldn't be expected to be Stevie II. Like when Sammy took over for David Lee.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-24-2015, 01:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
it was not supposed to be their last studio record... and still doesn't have to be.
but it will be.

they can't drag this sh&t out forever, and I don't think they want to.

I just have this feeling that part of the conversation with Chris rejoining was about her saying yes, that she was bored in the country blah blah but also that she felt she didn't want to have any regrets, that she wanted to give it one more good go before it was too late. As I say, this is just my own opinion based on nothing in particular. And I imagine Lindsey and Mick saying yes, let's do it, let's do one more big go round, we'll make an album and a tour and finish this whole thing nicely. Remember in the SYW doc when LB is talking to John about the DR album and then of course a tour and he says how it'll be a helluva 4 or 5 year run? I think that's what they had in mind with Chris' return. We'll do an album and that'll eat up a year and then we'll go into rehearsals for a month or two and then we'll go on the road and it'll start for so many dates and we'll probably end up adding more and adding countries and be on the road for a couple of years in total….

And you figure if they had indeed spent 2014 on an album and then hit the road for 2015-2016 and recorded a bunch of it then worked on editing and overdubbing the dvd and putting that out and all…. that 4-5 year run would take them til 2019 or so. By 2019 Chris would be 76, Mick 72, John 74, Stevie 71 and Lindsey 70. They'd go out with full pockets and a nice legacy. From there Lindsey can spend his remaining days doing solo stuff, working with Chris, whatever, and Stevie can do all her last solo stuff. I mean, I just don't see them touring when Chris is 80, you know??

But Stevie is the fly in the ointment. If she wants a lengthy hiatus from the band, like even a couple of years let alone the magical 3 years, wtf will the others (besides LB) do during that time? Drift off and come back in 3 years, which will be 2018 at least…and then, at the time they had thought they'd be winding down for good, they'll be expecting to gear up for an album and mega tour?? If they wait til 2018 even a 3 or 4 year run of making album and then touring will take them into 2021….now you've got Chris at 78, John 76, Mick 74……come on. No way.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 02-24-2015 at 01:33 AM.. Reason: because it's Chris, not Christ.
Old 02-24-2015, 02:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default ??

Quote:
i don't know that they initially planned to wrap things up.... LB certainly seems to have more energy than people half his age, and Christine doesn't seem that far behind. but i think if they want to stay in their rumours 5 incarnation they are forced to wrap up since SN is not willing to be creative with them.

what female rocker is more popular than Stevie? they'd have to find a country or pop chick to fill that bill
Old 02-24-2015, 02:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
but it will be.

they can't drag this sh&t out forever, and I don't think they want to.

I just have this feeling that part of the conversation with Chris rejoining was about her saying yes, that she was bored in the country blah blah but also that she felt she didn't want to have any regrets, that she wanted to give it one more good go before it was too late. As I say, this is just my own opinion based on nothing in particular. And I imagine Lindsey and Mick saying yes, let's do it, let's do one more big go round, we'll make an album and a tour and finish this whole thing nicely. Remember in the SYW doc when LB is talking to John about the DR album and then of course a tour and he says how it'll be a helluva 4 or 5 year run? I think that's what they had in mind with Chris' return. We'll do an album and that'll eat up a year and then we'll go into rehearsals for a month or two and then we'll go on the road and it'll start for so many dates and we'll probably end up adding more and adding countries and be on the road for a couple of years in total….

And you figure if they had indeed spent 2014 on an album and then hit the road for 2015-2016 and recorded a bunch of it then worked on editing and overdubbing the dvd and putting that out and all…. that 4-5 year run would take them til 2019 or so. By 2019 Chris would be 76, Mick 72, John 74, Stevie 71 and Lindsey 70. They'd go out with full pockets and a nice legacy. From there Lindsey can spend his remaining days doing solo stuff, working with Chris, whatever, and Stevie can do all her last solo stuff. I mean, I just don't see them touring when Chris is 80, you know??

But Stevie is the fly in the ointment. If she wants a lengthy hiatus from the band, like even a couple of years let alone the magical 3 years, wtf will the others (besides LB) do during that time? Drift off and come back in 3 years, which will be 2018 at least…and then, at the time they had thought they'd be winding down for good, they'll be expecting to gear up for an album and mega tour?? If they wait til 2018 even a 3 or 4 year run of making album and then touring will take them into 2021….now you've got Chris at 78, John 76, Mick 74……come on. No way.
I dont get the 4 or 5 year album/tour thing. I think LB with JM had other things encompassed within 4/5 years.
The current tour started in October and once Australia/NZ is done it'll be October/November. This whole massive tour is only a year or slightly more. If they'd spent 2015 working on an album then they'd have had the album out and tour wrapped up by the middle of 2016. It wouldnt be them directly editing a DVD. Other people would do thet I'm sure and would take little/no time. They wouldnt have needed to go to 2019. By 2019 they could have had 3 albums out if Stevie Nicks just got her sh*t together.
If they knocked an album out by the end of this year they could do a tour in mid-2016 and then a last album in 2016/17.

But no...it's all just going to fizzle out.
Old 02-24-2015, 02:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnystorms View Post
what female rocker is more popular than Stevie? they'd have to find a country or pop chick to fill that bill
Sheryl Crow. I'm sure Stevie would be happy she was replaced by one of her good friends.