User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-24-2007, 09:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze View Post
Eat a little more to rev up your metabolism. Your body might be kicking into starvation mode. Have you already upped your calories? The protein suggestion from Strand is good too.
thanks.

I have started eating more calories and trying to eat more protein. I'm also hitting the workouts hard.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I joined Weight Watchers on Monday I'm up 15 lbs from last summer. I thought I was a Life Time member (from when I joined in 1990 after I had my son, but apparently I didn't go for the 6 consecutive weeks to weigh in after I reached my goal weight, so I had to pay registration ($25 ) plus pre-paid for the 12 week program ($174) which works out to $14.50/week which is cheaper than paying the regular $16, if you paid weekly. So this better work

Old 01-24-2007, 10:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^
good luck. and welcome to the Get Fit and Fab Crew.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerchic View Post
I joined Weight Watchers on Monday I'm up 15 lbs from last summer. I thought I was a Life Time member (from when I joined in 1990 after I had my son, but apparently I didn't go for the 6 consecutive weeks to weigh in after I reached my goal weight, so I had to pay registration ($25 ) plus pre-paid for the 12 week program ($174) which works out to $14.50/week which is cheaper than paying the regular $16, if you paid weekly. So this better work
we've snagged another! good luck, t.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers View Post
^^^
good luck. and welcome to the Get Fit and Fab Crew.
Thanks. I think WW is the best as far as teaching you how to eat right (real food, not expensive pre-packaged ****) right from the beginning It worked for me last time and I kept the weight off for 16 years. We'll see. I just know, I can't do it myself, I've tried and tried. It really does get harder to lose weight over 40

Old 01-24-2007, 10:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie721 View Post
we've snagged another! good luck, t.
Thanks Carrie. I stayed for the meeting and when the WW leader goes around the room and asks all the new members "so why are you here?" (duh, to lose weight), I said, "to lose the "baby weight" and she said, oh, how old is your baby?" and I said "16" and she said, 16 weeks or 16 months, and I said, 16 years

Old 01-24-2007, 10:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks Carrie. I stayed for the meeting and when the WW leader goes around the room and asks all the new members "so why are you here?" (duh, to lose weight), I said, "to lose the "baby weight" and she said, oh, how old is your baby?" and I said "16" and she said, 16 weeks or 16 months, and I said, 16 years

you'll do great. you might want to switch to baked ketchup chips, tho.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
how old is your baby?" and I said "16" and she said, 16 weeks or 16 months, and I said, 16 years
funniest **** so far today.
Old 01-24-2007, 11:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks. I think WW is the best as far as teaching you how to eat right (real food, not expensive pre-packaged ****) right from the beginning It worked for me last time and I kept the weight off for 16 years. We'll see. I just know, I can't do it myself, I've tried and tried. It really does get harder to lose weight over 40
WW is a GREAT program - real food for real people. Good luck!!!!

Also - remember beer = lots a points

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 01-24-2007, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I bet even with a few extra pounds you're still a hot bitch. But it's how you feel about it that counts. Good luck with WW! I can't believe those bastards didn't give you your lifetime membership.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That must have made you the hit of the meeting - it would have cracked me up!

The problem with the meetings I was going to was it was cheese-land. Horrible - I couldn't stomach it - so I got all pertinent information and stopped going....but it's a great program..which you know...I lost 25 pounds on it when I did it in 1997 - and kept it off for several years.

Now I'm losing much more slowly than last time, but at least I'm losing, and not going the other way.

On my end I'm kicking ass...going to the gym five days a week and I am now able to get into another (smaller) pant size I still haven't gotten a scale, so I have no clue where I am number-wise...but I feel great, am doing good - and I'm not noticing a huge jiggle when I walk
Old 01-24-2007, 01:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I joined Weight Watchers on Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
Also - remember beer = lots a points

You couldn't wait to join until after I come to visit this weekend? You're screwed.
Old 01-24-2007, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze View Post
I bet even with a few extra pounds you're still a hot bitch. But it's how you feel about it that counts.
Thanks Suze. Thats the thing, I don't feel good (or sexy ) with the extra weight. I'll tell you what the turning point was, I was cleaning out the spare room (for Paula's visit this weekend) and I was moving my bike leathers to another room and thought, I'm going to try my chaps on, just for fun, to see how tight they are (cause I know I have put some weight on and I haven't worn them since last fall) and the f**kers didn't fit! I couldn't get the buckle done up around the waist I screamed and cursed and my husband's thinkin' "oh f**k, I'm screwed ).

Old 01-24-2007, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
You couldn't wait to join until after I come to visit this weekend? You're screwed.
I know!! I thought of that after I joined! (but it's all your fault, see above post ). I have it all planned out though. I'm not going to eat all week and I'm going to do the treadmill all day Sunday, so I can drink

Old 01-24-2007, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks Suze. Thats the thing, I don't feel good (or sexy ) with the extra weight. I'll tell you what the turning point was, I was cleaning out the spare room (for Paula's visit this weekend) and I was moving my bike leathers to another room and thought, I'm going to try my chaps on, just for fun, to see how tight they are (cause I know I have put some weight on and I haven't worn them since last fall) and the f**kers didn't fit! I couldn't get the buckle done up around the waist I screamed and cursed and my husband's thinkin' "oh f**k, I'm screwed ).
LOL - I have soooo been there. But, here's a cool thing I did about a year and a half ago. I hauled out this 32 inch waist pants and tried them on my 40 or so inch wiast. After not being able to get them above my thighs - I put them back on the hanger and tried them on about once a month thereafter. It was quite a thrill when they closed and nirvana when they correctly fit

save the cheerleader - save the world