User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-01-2005, 04:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life
dont give the Texas Shrub any ideas, ok? Maybe he will declare war on the hurricanes next
I can just imagine some of the winning remarks he'll be making in the next few days...

In Iraq, Afghanistan and the Gulf Coast, we face dangerous enemies who want to harm our people, folks who want to destroy our way of life.

Today's enemies do not mass armies on borders, or navies on high seas. They emerge to strike, and then they retreat back into the shadows. And that's why there are thousands of our fellow citizens running down every single piece of intelligence we can find, doing everything we can to disrupt the Katrina's and the Andrew's that might be here in America trying to hurt you.

And I will remind people, when they think about the conflict we're in, to think about World War II, when an enemy of ours -- Japan, for example -- is now a loyal friend and an ally because of the hard work we did, not only during the war, but in the post-war reconstruction of Japan. One day, Mother Nature will be like Japan; we will be loyal friends and allies.

Praise God.

Old 09-01-2005, 04:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
I can just imagine some of the winning remarks he'll be making in the next few days...

And that's why there are thousands of our fellow citizens running down every single piece of intelligence we can find, doing everything we can to disrupt the Katrina's and the Andrew's that might be here in America trying to hurt you.

And I will remind people, when they think about the conflict we're in, to think about World War II, when an enemy of ours -- Japan, for example -- is now a loyal friend and an ally because of the hard work we did, not only during the war, but in the post-war reconstruction of Japan. One day, Mother Nature will be like Japan; we will be loyal friends and allies.

Praise God.

Mwah!

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 09-01-2005, 04:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking Ya left out how....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention

In Iraq, Afghanistan and the Gulf Coast, we face dangerous enemies who want to harm our people, folks who want to destroy our way of life.

Today's enemies do not mass armies on borders, or navies on high seas. They emerge to strike, and then they retreat back into the shadows. And that's why there are thousands of our fellow citizens running down every single piece of intelligence we can find, doing everything we can to disrupt the Katrina's and the Andrew's that might be here in America trying to hurt you.

Praise God.
Hurricane Katrina was linked to Saddam & OBL, And how she was easily able to burst over into our country's borders to release her Iraqi funded extremeist terrorism on poor American citizens

She may have also have had WMD's

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 09-01-2005, 04:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Hurricane Katrina was linked to Saddam & OBL, And how she was easily able to burst over into our country's borders to release her Iraqi funded extremeist terrorism on poor American citizens

She may have also have had WMD's
pffffffbwah!

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 09-01-2005, 04:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh Diss... This reminded me of something Wonkette posted yesterday:

The President's Response to Insurgent Katrina

Fox News and others are reporting that the President just got "his own bird's eye view" of Katrina's damage as Air Force One flew over the devestated region. Shortly after, Bush gave prepared remarks to the press pool:

Quote:
We are making progress in New Orleans. The flood is in its last throes. Clearly, the hurricane has a hateful ideology and does not like our freedom or our dryness. We cannot surrender to it. In New Orleans, they are working on a draft evacuation; it is an evacuation process, and we must expect that if we are to bring American-style democracy to the Mississippi Delta.
The president added that "to pull out now would only give aid to the elements."

http://www.wonkette.com/politics//th...ina-123220.php

By the way, she also reports in another post (that I can't find now) that with all the talk of Shrub taking away NO levee money and sending it to Iraq, the people stuck in the floodwaters of NO have dubbed the new body of water "Lake George".

Oh - I found it: http://www.wonkette.com/politics//a-...ame-123456.php
Old 09-01-2005, 04:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
dont give the Texas Shrub any ideas, ok? Maybe he will declare war on the hurricanes next
We'll smoke those hurricanes out of their holes!
Old 09-01-2005, 04:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Okay - the looting in Lafayette is now so bad, my parents, who live like a mile or two from it - are probably hiring a security guard. That is some shiitte

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 09-01-2005, 04:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixxxed
Oh Diss... This reminded me of something Wonkette posted yesterday:

The President's Response to Insurgent Katrina

Fox News and others are reporting that the President just got "his own bird's eye view" of Katrina's damage as Air Force One flew over the devestated region. Shortly after, Bush gave prepared remarks to the press pool:

The president added that "to pull out now would only give aid to the elements."

http://www.wonkette.com/politics//th...ina-123220.php

By the way, she also reports in another post (that I can't find now) that with all the talk of Shrub taking away NO levee money and sending it to Iraq, the people stuck in the floodwaters of NO have dubbed the new body of water "Lake George".

Oh - I found it: http://www.wonkette.com/politics//a-...ame-123456.php

oh, man...funny *stuff*...

Old 09-01-2005, 05:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
Okay - the looting in Lafayette is now so bad, my parents, who live like a mile or two from it - are probably hiring a security guard. That is some shiitte

that's very disappointing.

Old 09-01-2005, 07:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
that's scary. i am sorry.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
hit by 3 tornadoes in a span of 5 years (Moore is a suburb of OKC, Estimated population 85,000 ) and each time the tornado took the same identical paths of destruction
My son's friend in college called from a closet while that one was on top of them....so frightening....no warning.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I'm so sorry to hear that...I hope they will stay safe!
Old 09-02-2005, 12:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

my roommate doesnt understand why im so upset...not eating..functioning @ work, but sad weepy @ home...tonight the comment was made that theyve their own problems...i said that a person would have to inhuman not to be emotional...and that it is easy for them to say as they eat. i feel so powerless watching people die before our eyes...the toll katrina will take.
Old 09-02-2005, 12:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD
my roommate doesnt understand why im so upset...not eating..functioning @ work, but sad weepy @ home...tonight the comment was made that theyve their own problems...i said that a person would have to inhuman not to be emotional...and that it is easy for them to say as they eat. i feel so powerless watching people die before our eyes...the toll katrina will take.
I feel the same way. Thanks for having a sig that cheered me up... I love when Stevie flashes her Fire Eyes. What song is she singing?
oh, man, I'm watching the news, and apparently Bush said that no one suspected the levees would ever be breached. How retardo.
Oh, my the gov. of LA just authorized "necessary force" against looters...

Old 09-02-2005, 12:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
I feel the same way. Thanks for having a sig that cheered me up... I love when Stevie flashes her Fire Eyes. What song is she singing?
oh, man, I'm watching the news, and apparently Bush said that no one suspected the levees would ever be breached. How retardo.
Oh, my the gov. of LA just authorized "necessary force" against looters...
I am all depressed about it too. When I saw her signature I also smiled. Stevie looks soo good. I was just talking to Chris about it in IM.