Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-15-2005, 10:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
She's not a Repub, is she?

Are you kidding - she totally is one. Yet, she is pro-choice and "liberal" on other issues. Sadly, she takes Hannity at his word. But, I have gotten her to watch CNN more times than not - to her and Hannity - CNN is the devil

On edit - my dad is a D - so they cancel each other out.

Of course, my fav. was when he was loathe to vote for Mary Landrieu because she had a fat ass

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 06-15-2005, 10:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
She def. changed after her fiance was murdered. I believe that is when she went to Law School - so she could prosecute people like that. She had an admirable career here in Atlanta, but I just cannot abide attorneys like her who play fast and loose with evidence. I mean our ystem mandates that all relevant evidence must be shown to the jury. Sadly, many attorneys play this same game and it makes me sick.
you are so right~
Old 06-15-2005, 10:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze
Dreams? We must all spin that song 100 times to cleanse it of it's tainted Hannity icky poo-ness. Stephanie Miller talks about him almost every morning and the inane things he says. He never has a fact or a bit of logic to back up his statements. Well, often doesn't, I shouldn't over generalize. And there was this whole "scandal" where he approached Stephanie at some conference and gave her a hug. Then he told everyone she approached him and hugged him. He just lies. About stupid stuff even!
Remember his interview with Janeane? She was trying to have a good discussion and he's over there screaming "You think this country is bad, don't you? DON'T YOU?!" What a ****ing numbnut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze
Diss, I love your bookstore antics. I'm going to put Franken's book there next time I'm at a bookstore. Does a huge wave of satisfaction come over you every time you do this?
EVERY time. I went totally ape**** when the Swift Boat Vets published their book, that's for sure.

Old 06-15-2005, 10:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Remember his interview with Janeane? She was trying to have a good discussion and he's over there screaming "You think this country is bad, don't you? DON'T YOU?!" What a ****ing numbnut . . . .
That is how he operates. He cannot stand a nuance and would not know one if it hit him in the face. He tried that "if you question the Pres., you are personally responsible for the death of the troops" crap on Bill Maher, who replied, some of unlike you Sean, can have two ideas in our head at the same time, sort of like chewing gum and walking at the same time - or something like that

Old 06-15-2005, 10:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That is how he operates. He cannot stand a nuance and would not know one if it hit him in the face. He tried that "if you question the Pres., you are personally responsible for the death of the troops" crap on Bill Maher, who replied, some of unlike you Sean, can have two ideas in our head at the same time, sort of like chewing gum and walking at the same time - or something like that
Oh that's awesome!

Quote:
Remember his interview with Janeane? She was trying to have a good discussion and he's over there screaming "You think this country is bad, don't you? DON'T YOU?!" What a ****ing numbnut . . . .
Oh I missed that somehow! I bet he looked really dumb. But I also bet his supporters were like not understanding what an a$$ he was making of himself.

Quote:
EVERY time. I went totally ape**** when the Swift Boat Vets published their book, that's for sure..
I couldn't even stomach the idea of learning the details of this it pissed me off so much. When I see those book covers I just get so mad.
Old 06-16-2005, 02:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Schiavo's Parents Dispute Autopsy Report

Thursday, June 16, 2005

LARGO, Fla. — An autopsy that found Terri Schiavo (search) suffered from severe and irreversible brain-damage has done nothing to sway her parents' position that she deserved to live and may have gotten better with therapy.

The long-awaited report Wednesday found Schiavo's brain had shrunk to about half the normal size for a woman her age when she died March 31 after her feeding tube was disconnected. The autopsy also determined she was blind.

Bob and Mary Schindler (search) disputed the results, insisting their daughter interacted with them and tried to speak. Their attorney said the family plans to discuss the autopsy with other medical experts and may take some unspecified legal action.

"We knew all along that Terri was profoundly brain damaged," said Schiavo's brother, Bobby Schindler. "We simply wanted to bring her home and care for her. It all goes back to this quality of life."

• Read the autopsy report (pdf)

The findings vindicated Schiavo's husband in his long and vitriolic battle with his in-laws that engulfed the courts, Congress and the White House and divided the country. Michael Schiavo (search) and court-appointed doctors have said she had no hope of recovery. She died at age 41.

The autopsy also found no evidence that Terri Schiavo was strangled or otherwise abused before her sudden 1990 collapse — countering allegations by the Schindlers that she was abused by her husband.

Yet medical examiners could not say for certain what caused the collapse, long thought to have been brought on by an eating disorder.

George Felos, attorney for Michael Schiavo, said the findings back up their contentions made "for years and years" that Terri Schiavo had no hope of recovery. He said Michael Schiavo plans to release autopsy photographs of her shrunken brain.

"Mr. Schiavo has received so much criticism throughout this case that I'm certain there's a part of him that was pleased to hear these results and the hard science behind them," Felos said.

The Schindlers fought their son-in-law in court over their daughter's fate for nearly seven years, battling to the end with conservatives at their side.

The autopsy counters a widely seen videotape the Schindlers released of Schiavo in her hospice bed. The video showed Schiavo appearing to turn toward her mother's voice and smile. She moaned and laughed. Her head moved up and down and she seemed to follow the progress of a brightly colored Mickey Mouse balloon.

Schiavo's parents said that showed she was aware of her surroundings, but doctors said her reactions were automatic responses and not evidence of thought or consciousness.

"There's nothing in her autopsy report that is inconsistent with a persistent vegetative state," said Dr. Stephen J. Nelson, a medical examiner who assisted in the neurological portion of the autopsy.

The cause of death was dehydration from removal of the feeding tube, but the underlying reason for her brain damage was officially listed as "undetermined."

The autopsy included 274 external and internal body images and an exhaustive review of Schiavo's medical records, police reports and social services agency records.

Pinellas-Pasco Medical Examiner Dr. Jon Thogmartin (search) said that the autopsy produced no conclusion on what triggered the temporary heart stoppage that caused her collapse and brain damage.

He said there was no evidence of drug use, though he cautioned that Schiavo was not tested in 1990 for every conceivable substance that could have been in her blood.

He said there was no proof she suffered from an eating disorder such as bulimia (search), which can disrupt the body chemistry with lethal effect. The main piece of evidence cited for an eating disorder — the low levels of potassium in her blood in 1990 — could have been caused by the emergency treatment she received at the time, Thogmartin said.

While she had lost more than 100 pounds since high school, Schiavo never confessed to an eating disorder, she did not take diet pills and no one had witnessed her purging food, the medical examiner said.

He discounted the possibility that she had overdosed on caffeine from drinking large amounts of tea in an effort to keep her weight down.

In addition, the autopsy found no traces of morphine in her system at her death, although she had been given two doses in the days before she died. The Schindlers had contended that morphine might have been used to speed their daughter's death.

In Washington, White House spokesman Scott McClellan said the autopsy did nothing to change President Bush's position that Schiavo's feeding tube should not have been disconnected. He had signed a bill, rushed through by Congress in March, that was a last-ditch effort to restore her feeding tube.

Experts said that the autopsy demonstrates how difficult it is for people to recover from severe brain damage.

"People should understand that sometimes, for known or unknown reasons, individuals sustain massive brain injury that for which healing is not possible," said Dr. Karen Weidenheim, the chief of neuropathology at Montefiore Medical Center (search) in New York. "Everything that could have been done was done for this lady for 15 years, and this case is very tragic."

Old 06-16-2005, 10:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pb.../APN/506161284

Bush wants more information on Schiavo's collapse; call to 911

The Associated Press

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- Gov. Jeb Bush said Thursday he might ask a state attorney to investigate allegations that Terri Schiavo's husband waited more than an hour to call 911 after her 1990 collapse.

Terri Schiavo's parents, Bob and Mary Schindler, have previously said their son-in-law waited more than an hour to make the call. An autopsy report released Wednesday didn't address the allegation.

"There's some doubt about when she did collapse and how long it took ... for the 911 call to be made," Bush said. "Which I think is worthy of some investigation. I don't know what form it would take."

Bush said he might ask Bernie McCabe, state attorney for Pinellas-Pasco, to look into the issue, but that would have to wait until McCabe returned from vacation.

Bush said the medical examiner shouldn't determine if there was a gap.

"This is really out of his realm," Bush added. "It's not a medical examiner's job to determine why there would be a gap if there was one."

Michael Schiavo's attorney, George Felos, didn't return a phone message Thursday.

Terri Schiavo died March 31 from dehydration after her feeding tube was disconnected despite unsuccessful efforts by Bush to keep her alive.

The battle between her husband and parents over whether she should be allowed to die also engulfed the courts, Congress, the White House and divided the country.

The autopsy supported Michael Schiavo's contention that his wife was in a persistent vegetative state and revealed no evidence that she was strangled or otherwise abused before she collapsed.

It's not known why Terri Schiavo's heart stopped, causing her collapse, but oxygen was cut off from her brain and left her with severe damage. The autopsy showed that she suffered irreversible brain-damage and even blindness, and her brain had shrunk to half the normal size for a 41-year-old woman.

Last edited by heyjupiter678; 06-16-2005 at 10:26 PM.. Reason: Fixed URL
Old 06-17-2005, 01:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

If an hour truly went by - then he some explaining to do

But, Fox News is still saying that Mrs. Schiavo was in a PVS or maybe something else - that is utter crap. That poor woman was in a PVS. The family is spinning it by saying that Mrs.Schiavo died of dehydration and not natural causes - well no ****

Old 06-17-2005, 03:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Schiavo's Parents Dispute Autopsy Report"
Seriously, this doesn't surprise me, but I can't help but feel so ****ing disgusted over this. Will it never end? Do you think they're to the point where they are so destroyed over the whole thing, that they HONESTLY believe that the autopsy needs to be disputed? It seems as though the only thing that would appease them is if Terri herself rose from the dead and told them everything. Jesus.
Old 06-17-2005, 03:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC
Seriously, this doesn't surprise me, but I can't help but feel so ****ing disgusted over this. Will it never end? Do you think they're to the point where they are so destroyed over the whole thing, that they HONESTLY believe that the autopsy needs to be disputed? It seems as though the only thing that would appease them is if Terri herself rose from the dead and told them everything. Jesus.
Sadly, they are blaming Michael Schiavo for killing their daughter by removing the feeding tube, when in reality, their daughter was already dead years ago and the shell with involuntary responses was not what formerly was their congnizant daughter. I feel for them because that was their child and they apparently cannot accept the reality of the loss more than a decade ago or that Michael Schiavo was her husbad who tried to no avail for years to bring his wife back from the PVS. Once he determined that could not be done, he honored what he thought her wishes were, which is fully consistent with the sanctity of marriage. In the end, I wish family could find some peace.

Old 06-17-2005, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Sadly, they are blaming Michael Schiavo for killing their daughter by removing the feeding tube, when in reality, their daughter was already dead years ago and the shell with involuntary responses was not what formerly was their congnizant daughter. I feel for them because that was their child and they apparently cannot accept the reality of the loss more than a decade ago or that Michael Schiavo was her husbad who tried to no avail for years to bring his wife back from the PVS. Once he determined that could not be done, he honored what he thought her wishes were, which is fully consistent with the sanctity of marriage. In the end, I wish family could find some peace.
As long as they continue to deny the TRUTHthey will have NO peace. I have long since stopped feeling sorry for those people, I think that they are all about keeping the country riled up about "right to life" issues and as such, have completely lost ALL credibility.

BTW, Bushypoo is an A$$

Last edited by irishgrl; 06-17-2005 at 06:17 PM..
Old 06-18-2005, 01:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyjupiter678
[url]
Bush wants more information on Schiavo's collapse; call to 911
Unbelievable! They are just flat out harrassing Michael Schiavo now. When I saw Jebbie on tv talking about this last night like Mr. Sciavo was some kind of criminal, it made me so angry. At this point, he must certainly have grounds for a lawsuit against these people.
Old 06-18-2005, 10:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
Unbelievable! They are just flat out harrassing Michael Schiavo now. When I saw Jebbie on tv talking about this last night like Mr. Sciavo was some kind of criminal, it made me so angry. At this point, he must certainly have grounds for a lawsuit against these people.

From what I have read, Mr. Schiavo has made inconsistent statements about when his wife collapsed and when he called the EMS people to wit:

(CBS/AP) Gov. Jeb Bush said Friday that a prosecutor has agreed to investigate why Terri Schiavo collapsed 15 years ago, citing an alleged time gap between when her husband found her and when he called 911.

Bush said his request for the probe was not meant to suggest wrongdoing by Michael Schiavo. "It's a significant question that during this ordeal was never brought up," Bush told reporters.

As CBS News Correspondent Wyatt Andrews reports, Michael Schiavo's attorney calls the new investigation political pandering by the governor.

"It's just shameful and disgraceful that Governor Bush has for years used this case to perpetuate his own agenda,'' said attorney George Felos.

In a statement issued by his lawyer, Schiavo called the development an outrage.

"I have consistently said over the years that I didn't wait but 'ran' to call 911 after Terri collapsed," Schiavo said in the release.

In a letter faxed to Pinellas-Pasco County State Attorney Bernie McCabe, the governor said Michael Schiavo testified in a 1992 medical malpractice trial that he found his wife collapsed at 5 a.m. on Feb. 25, 1990, and he said in a 2003 television interview that he found her about 4:30 a.m. He called 911 at 5:40 a.m.

"Between 40 and 70 minutes elapsed before the call was made, and I am aware of no explanation for the delay," Bush wrote. "In light of this new information, I urge you to take a fresh look at this case without any preconceptions as to the outcome."

McCabe was out of state Friday and couldn't immediately be reached for comment, but Bush said McCabe has agreed to his request.

On Wednesday, Michael Schiavo's attorney, George Felos, said his client didn't wait to call for help and has conceded that he confuses dates and times. He has said that if Michael Schiavo had not called 911 immediately, as Bush and others allege, Terri Schiavo would have died that day.

"There is no hour gap or other gap to the point Michael heard Terri fall and called 911," Felos said. "We've seen the baseless allegations in this case fall by the wayside one by one ... That's what I would call it, a baseless claim to perpetuate a controversy that in fact doesn't exist."

Terri Schiavo died March 31 from dehydration after her feeding tube was disconnected at her husband's request, despite years of efforts by her parents, Bush and others to keep her alive.

The governor's request followed the release Wednesday of an autopsy supporting Michael Schiavo's contention that his wife had been in a persistent vegetative state. The autopsy revealed no evidence that she was strangled or otherwise abused before she collapsed.

It left unanswered the question of why Terri Schiavo's heart stopped, cutting oxygen off from her brain. The autopsy showed she suffered irreversible brain damage and her brain had shrunk to half the normal size for her age.

Bobby Schindler, Schiavo's brother, said Friday his family believes more questions were raised than answered by the autopsy report and that a new legal review is appropriate.

"Anything that can shed some light on the cause of Terri's collapse is going to be welcomed by our family," he said from Bloomington, Minn., where the family is speaking at an anti-abortion convention.

But the request was immediately criticized by some lawmakers.

"Enough is enough," said Democratic Sen. Ron Klein. "I don't want to see it on TV any more, I don't want to hear politicians talk about it. Let her be at peace."

Bush acknowledged in his letter that an investigation may be difficult.

"I understand that these events took place many years ago, and that you may not be able to collect all the relevant records and physical evidence. However, Mrs. Schiavo's family deserves to know anything that can be done to determine the cause and circumstances of her collapse 15 years ago," Bush wrote. "The unanswered questions may be unanswerable, but the attempt should be made."

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/...in702689.shtml

All Mr. Schiavo needs to do is make an official statement to the police and the corner will testify that if more than an hour went by prior to calling EMS - Mrs. Schiavo would have died before EMS arrived, which took some time after the call was made. I mean it is highly doubtful that she went close to two hours without any significant amount of oxygen to her brain. Moreorever, nothing I read in the coroner's report suggested any fould play by Mr. Schiavo. Interestingly, to my knowledge, Mrs. Schiavo's oarent never mentioned foul play until they had a falling out with Michael Schiavo. I just hope her parents can find some peace. As for the politicians - God will judge them for how they treated the least of us and how they continue to do so.

Old 06-19-2005, 09:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
All Mr. Schiavo needs to do is make an official statement to the police and the corner will testify that if more than an hour went by prior to calling EMS - Mrs. Schiavo would have died before EMS arrived, which took some time after the call was made. I mean it is highly doubtful that she went close to two hours without any significant amount of oxygen to her brain. Moreorever, nothing I read in the coroner's report suggested any fould play by Mr. Schiavo. Interestingly, to my knowledge, Mrs. Schiavo's oarent never mentioned foul play until they had a falling out with Michael Schiavo. I just hope her parents can find some peace. As for the politicians - God will judge them for how they treated the least of us and how they continue to do so.
Personally, I think those parents are nothing more than gold diggers. they got along FINE with Michael until he didnt give them any of his settlement....what a bunch of goobers. They even ENCOURAGED him to have a personal life apart from Terri......so, who are the real jerks here?
Old 06-19-2005, 09:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgrl
Personally, I think those parents are nothing more than gold diggers. they got along FINE with Michael until he didnt give them any of his settlement....what a bunch of goobers. They even ENCOURAGED him to have a personal life apart from Terri......so, who are the real jerks here?
You hate them because they are pro life - that is not that hard to figure out

Again, if it were my child and her husband wanted to put her down and I thought, no matter how misguided I was, that she still had a chance or even if I did not want her to die though in a PVS, I would do everything possible to stop that from happening. That is what they are doing, as unfortunate and distasteful to me as their allies are - remember these vultures are preying on these people in their weakest moment. Thus, I feel for her parents though they are pro life, speak at pro life pow wow's, etc. I mean from their point of view, all they and we have in the end is Mr. Schiavo's word that Mrs. Schiavo wanted to not to be kept alive in a PVS. Though legally sufficient, that would be a hard pill for any parent to swallow - who wants to let their child go?

Last edited by strandinthewind; 06-19-2005 at 10:00 PM..