User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-26-2015, 10:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
I just don't get how Stevie could actually leave. She has always talked about how she would "never leave the band." She has also talked at length in the past about how Christine was her best friend and how she would love to have her back, and then when she came back- how nice it was to have her best friend back. Why would she leave now and not be involved. It doesn't make sense. She'd be doing exactly what she has always said she wouldn't do......and why she attacked Lindsey when he said he was leaving. I could be wrong, but I hope not.
If Stevie is truly set against a new FM record it could be because either she is unwilling to devote another 2 or 3 years to FM or it's about LB and his wanting to have HER songs be the way HE thinks they should be and will argue the point to no end...If Stevie wants creative control of her songs why not let her have it? If Stevie wants to bring Dave and or Waddy into the fold for a few songs why not let her??? If it would make her happy and get the record out why not? Yes it would change the chemistry slightly for a few songs (but not as much as replacing Stevie would) but the "FIVE" would remain intact and could then "cash cow tour" all they want.
Old 02-26-2015, 12:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
If Stevie is truly set against a new FM record it could be because either she is unwilling to devote another 2 or 3 years to FM
In which case she should leave.

Quote:
or it's about LB and his wanting to have HER songs be the way HE thinks they should be and will argue the point to no end...
Except that Lindsey has gone on record as saying he'd rather have somebody else produce the band at this point, and even brought in Mitchell Froom as sort of a peace offering.

Quote:
If Stevie wants creative control of her songs why not let her have it?
Lindsey's already offered that, so that's not really a valid reason anymore.

Quote:
If Stevie wants to bring Dave and or Waddy into the fold for a few songs why not let her???
I haven't seen anything to suggest that Lindsey or any of the others would object to Dave producing Stevie's songs. I don't see Waddy coming into the fold, though.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-26-2015, 05:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question

"I" don't have any issue with diff producers on diff songs but I know that's something they seem to be touchy about in terms of it coming across as an "uneven album", "2 solo albums pressed into one" etc. (see Say You Will) so from this angle, this could be a stumbling block right out of the gate.

John
Old 02-26-2015, 06:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetcamelfood View Post
"I" don't have any issue with diff producers on diff songs but I know that's something they seem to be touchy about in terms of it coming across as an "uneven album", "2 solo albums pressed into one" etc. (see Say You Will) so from this angle, this could be a stumbling block right out of the gate.

John
except that album had one producer. Lindsey. So having more than one producer couldn't turn out any 'worse'. And as has been noted, Lindsey has said he's ok with an outside producer. He thinks, and I think he's right, that it would take the onus off him.

A while back Stevie said she wouldn't make another album (of any kind) without Dave Stewart's involvement.

So the whole 'use an outside producer' thing may get hung up more on who it is than anything.
Old 02-26-2015, 06:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
except that album had one producer. Lindsey. So having more than one producer couldn't turn out any 'worse'. And as has been noted, Lindsey has said he's ok with an outside producer. He thinks, and I think he's right, that it would take the onus off him.
didn't Rob Cavallo produce (or at least co-produce) most of LB's songs that came from GOS sessions and ended up on SYW, while SN's songs as well as 2 additional LB songs were produced solely by LB?

on EP there were really 3 different producers -
  • Mitchell Froom/LB for Sad Angel and Miss Fantasy
  • SN/LB for Without you
  • LB only for It Takes Time (or was this also co-produced by Froom)

so it's not like going forward they are not open to it.

Lindsey's 8 songs have already been co-produced by Froom, while Christine's 8 were solely produced by Lindsey, as far as we know... so this new album is already a mixed bag producer-wise, so far.

i think the producer stuff is a red herring for people looking for excuses. there's something else holding SN back.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-26-2015, 07:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i think the producer stuff is a red herring for people looking for excuses. there's something else holding SN back.
THIS.

I think she still wants to do a solo album and tour. However, the days of hopping between the two are quickly coming to an end, if they haven't ended already. This album and probable tour might be the last time she'll ever be able to work with Fleetwood Mac again. Her solo career will still be there, and she can ride into the sunset as a solo artist (contemplating how right Joni Mitchell was with "Big Yellow Taxi").

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-26-2015, 08:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
I just don't get how Stevie could actually leave. She has always talked about how she would "never leave the band." She has also talked at length in the past about how Christine was her best friend and how she would love to have her back, and then when she came back- how nice it was to have her best friend back. Why would she leave now and not be involved. It doesn't make sense. She'd be doing exactly what she has always said she wouldn't do......and why she attacked Lindsey when he said he was leaving. I could be wrong, but I hope not.
Exactly. It would appear she was jealous of Christine or she wasn't a team player by not being involved in this new FM album. Even if she has the fewest songs, it's cool. As long as she's involved in the project. Unless I hear a statement from the band, I'm still convinced Stevie will do this studio album.
Old 02-26-2015, 10:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Me too. I'd be very surprised if she didn't. Actually I think a lot of the drama around Nicks hesitation is to drum up press/interest in a new album.
Old 02-26-2015, 10:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Actually I think a lot of the drama around Nicks' hesitation is to drum up press/interest in a new album.
I agree. Look at this thread for instance. 38 pages! Don't we have anything else to do? lol
Old 02-26-2015, 10:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
I agree. Look at this thread for instance. 38 pages! Don't we have anything else to do? lol
Not really. Beats the hell out of watching the news.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-26-2015, 11:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
THIS.

I think she still wants to do a solo album and tour. However, the days of hopping between the two are quickly coming to an end, if they haven't ended already. This album and probable tour might be the last time she'll ever be able to work with Fleetwood Mac again. Her solo career will still be there, and she can ride into the sunset as a solo artist (contemplating how right Joni Mitchell was with "Big Yellow Taxi").
Then she needs to stick with Dave.
Old 02-27-2015, 10:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This topic is turning into "As the Mac fans turn" soap opera.LOL....

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 02-27-2015, 01:58 PM

So what's everyone feel about Stevie recording on the new FM album?
Old 02-27-2015, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
So what's everyone feel about Stevie recording on the new FM album?
The way it looks here is a mixed bag with 38 pages of our opinions .

I think she will.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 02-27-2015, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

38 pages later and I feel the same way I did when the thread started: get off your collective asses and put an album out already. It's been over 25 years since you five did this and you owe it--yes, owe it--to the fans who have supported you on several nostalgia tours. You also owe it to yourselves as artists to stand behind new work.

Stevie is the most visible problem right now. And whatever hangs up she has there's little she could say or do to make me sympathize with her endless, maddening demurring.

However, in truth, all five are to blame. They should have resisted the worldwide tour until they came out with new material. Period. They could have had the album finished by now. Imagine how exciting THAT tour would be?!