Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-26-2011, 09:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
That's your opinion, and may be Louies as well. But by no means is it law or even close to a fact. Just plain conjecture as everything slung around here is. So what shouldn't we have done? Not voice our 1st amendment right to free speech. There are many diverse opinions that go down here. No one is right. History will judge, maybe 20 years from now, or long after we are dust in the ground.
I think you misunderstood David... he didn't mean I was 100% correct, but instead that I was an okay individual . Of course that summation is simply conjecture, too hehe.

Apparently I'm stepping on lots of toes lately. I hate people are taking my opinions personally. I'm just discussing and debating Fleetwood Mac issues. If anyone has a problem with my opinions, just throw them back at me with your own rebuttal. I live to debate. This is supposed to be fun, guys!
Old 02-26-2011, 10:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Louie, I was just taking David to task on his statement "They shouldn't have done that to you, Louie". Because what's the point of coming here if we all cannot respectfully disagree. I only saw one post (no name mentioned) that was a Hot Mess - smoldering like the wicked witch of the west in a puddle of sticky water - which really crossed the line. Everyone else was was pretty civil and well though out, in their disagreements with your insecurity position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
They shouldn't have done that to you, Louie. You're all right. Didn't you ever friend me on Facebook?
P.S. I have been visiting & posting on this board for nearly 10 years, Which steps up everytime FM or Stevie is readying a new release. But I had no idea how trolly this place really was till recently.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Your typos concern me though. Drinking and Ledging?
There's a name for this? Love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
This. But didn't one of Lindsey's nieces, Coby or Courtney...I can't emember her name but it was Co-something...have a very well-written, witty tour diary going during the SYW tour? They tried it back then! Though these days I am fully aware the terse consistency of Twitter owns, there is something really refreshing and personal about a few paragraphs with silly things about band members throughout.
Cory. She's Stevie's ambiance creator/teleprompter person.

Speaking of the band doing updates... why doesn't John? He's supposed to be the computer geek of the bunch...
Old 02-26-2011, 10:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
I hadn't considered that. Brilliant.

Your typos concern me though. Drinking and Ledging?
Which typos? Oh, I've spotted "through" and "sense" which should have been "threw" and "since."

I never drink. Well, I am slightly psychotic about iced tea and obsessed with the lemon that accompanies it, but I would never drink alcohol.

Michele

Last edited by michelej1; 02-26-2011 at 10:27 PM..
Old 02-27-2011, 07:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
This. But didn't one of Lindsey's nieces, Coby or Courtney...I can't emember her name but it was Co-something...have a very well-written, witty tour diary going during the SYW tour? They tried it back then! Though these days I am fully aware the terse consistency of Twitter owns, there is something really refreshing and personal about a few paragraphs with silly things about band members throughout.

I love FM, but I COMPLETELY agree with what jbrownsjr wrote. Well said and true.
Cory Buckingham, her tour diary and Q and A have been archived here
- http://www.fleetwoodmac-uk.com/fanclub/tour-report.htm
- http://www.fleetwoodmac-uk.com/fanclub/cb_q&a.htm

http://stillgoinginsane.fleetwoodmac-uk.com
Still Going Insane - A Lindsey Buckingham Resource
Old 02-27-2011, 10:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall View Post
Didn't I hear that Lindsey said if there is another FM album, they would bring in an outside producer? Maybe not neccesarily Dave S., but an outside producer nonetheless. Of course this producer would have to get along with the 4 Mac members.
"I don't think I want to produce again 'cause it takes so much," he explains. "Whatever happens we'll all sit in a room and make something work as a group. a little more like we used to, sort of try to open it up and get everyone sharing the activity a little more." - Lindsey, 2008
Old 03-01-2011, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Wow. I LIKE that. The most rational idea anyone has had in eons...or ever!
It's too simple CADreaming!!! I bet if they did it that way.. some magic would re-appear.. even if their voices aren't in the best shape anymore.. They are still loved..
Old 03-02-2011, 06:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
"I don't think I want to produce again 'cause it takes so much," he explains. "Whatever happens we'll all sit in a room and make something work as a group. a little more like we used to, sort of try to open it up and get everyone sharing the activity a little more." - Lindsey, 2008
Well there you go. I always felt that an outside producer is the best way to go. However all Mac members need to also be active in the making/recording of the album. John can't be off sailing away and Stevie twirling away on her solo tour!!
Old 03-02-2011, 07:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
It's too simple CADreaming!!! I bet if they did it that way.. some magic would re-appear.. even if their voices aren't in the best shape anymore.. They are still loved..
You're right - it is too simple. Alas, hope doth spring eternal.

Quote:
Well there you go. I always felt that an outside producer is the best way to go. However all Mac members need to also be active in the making/recording of the album. John can't be off sailing away and Stevie twirling away on her solo tour!!
Yeah, well - Lindsey could once again lay his new album on the sacrificial altar. For all we know, Stevie threw all her vault songs at him when she had Lori go to Phoenix last year - or better yet she told him to just pull her stuff up on Youtube, she's going on tour with Rod - then Dave - and when she gets back off the road she'll come lay her vocals down.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, well - Lindsey could once again lay his new album on the sacrificial altar. ...
I kinda feel sorry for Lindsey sometimes. Got songs ready for a solo album then it rolls up into a Mac album. Of course I prefer a Mac album to a Lindsey solo album, but still its not really fair.

One thing I have noticed is that both Stevie and Lindsey have done things since SYW in 2003, but they haven't done anything together, i.e. a new Mac album. I suppose its easier to do solo albums than group albums.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
One thing I have noticed is that both Stevie and Lindsey have done things since SYW in 2003, but they haven't done anything together, i.e. a new Mac album. I suppose its easier to do solo albums than group albums.
Well, they did record that one track for Stevie's new album.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I kinda feel sorry for Lindsey sometimes. Got songs ready for a solo album then it rolls up into a Mac album. Of course I prefer a Mac album to a Lindsey solo album, but still its not really fair.
I think that's a bit contrived. They knew they were doing SYW in 1997 and they knew Christine would be gone. So they had plenty of time to prepare. Maybe there were questions about the timing but I heard Stevie say in a video interview in 1997 they would do another album in 5 years. I think there's more of a plan than they like to let on. Drama sells. Remember, in DR Lindsey told John that Howard had come back with the numbers and they would have a good 3 or 4 year run. If someone wasn't doing any planning - they wouldn't be make as good of a living as they do. I think they write and throw everything into a bucket and decide what would be best for a Mac project and what would be best for a solo project. I doubt they care much either way where the songs end up as long as they end up somewhere.

Last edited by CADreaming; 03-02-2011 at 08:33 PM..
Old 03-02-2011, 08:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It seems to be that Mac/solo albums are delayed quite often. Wasn't Trouble in Shangri-La supposed to be out in 99/2000?

1997 - The Dance
1998 - Stevie Enchanted Box Set
2001 - Trouble in Shangri-La
2002 - VBO FM
2003 - Say You Will
Old 03-02-2011, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It seems to be that Mac/solo albums are delayed quite often. Wasn't Trouble in Shangri-La supposed to be out in 99/2000?

1997 - The Dance
1998 - Stevie Enchanted Box Set
2001 - Trouble in Shangri-La
2002 - VBO FM
2003 - Say You Will
I don't know about TISL. But, with all the producer changes Stevie was having, it's understandable. Lindsey did have to stop GOS to do The Dance and then they had all the issues at WB - I'm just saying that they were already planning to do a Mac album in 5 years after The Dance. Maybe they just really don't think that hard about it...

Love your sig by the way!
Old 03-02-2011, 09:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think that's a bit contrived. They knew they were doing SYW in 1997 and they knew Christine would be gone. So they had plenty of time to prepare. Maybe there were questions about the timing but I heard Stevie say in a video interview in 1997 they would do another album in 5 years. I think there's more of a plan than they like to let on. Drama sells. Remember, in DR Lindsey told John that Howard had come back with the numbers and they would have a good 3 or 4 year run. If someone wasn't doing any planning - they wouldn't be make as good of a living as they do. I think they write and throw everything into a bucket and decide what would be best for a Mac project and what would be best for a solo project. I doubt they care much either way where the songs end up as long as they end up somewhere.
I was under the impression that they didn't really know whether they would carry on as a foursome until they did Bill Clinton's farewell concert in 2001 (or 2002?) and felt at ease with it. Clinton did some stupid stuff during his presidency, but you've gotta love him for the way he helped to shape Fleetwood Mac destiny.