User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-13-2004, 07:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
That's cool because if Kerry is elected, you won't be able to blame him for an attack if there is one.
I knew you'd suck me back into this thing.

While I wouldn't necessarily "blame" Kerry or Bush if we were attacked again, we out to be more prepared than we were before 9/11.

I think we would be more vulnerable under Kerry because of his plans. I disagree with removing most of our troops from Iraq and I disagree with a larger role for the UN. IMO, if we leave Iraq, the terrorist cells will strengthen and expand in that area, while Iraq is trying to build a stable government. I think the UN is a spineless organization. (examples: Rwanda, their softie stance on Saddam in the late nineties.)
Old 07-13-2004, 07:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky
Oh, My Dear Dissention, sometimes I just want to track your ass down and kiss you.
Let me wipe it first, pal!

Old 07-13-2004, 07:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer
I knew you'd suck me back into this thing.

While I wouldn't necessarily "blame" Kerry or Bush if we were attacked again, we out to be more prepared than we were before 9/11.
Prepared? Iowa has gotten more federal anti-terror funds than New York, Boston, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Seattle. How will a city be prepared if the corn fields in Iowa are getting the most money? Has anyone bothered to update the Motorolla contracts in New York? No. They aren't prepared, all the money is going to Iraq, darling.

Next.

Old 07-13-2004, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Let me wipe it first, pal!
Damn well better, or I'd have to hose you down.

Old 07-13-2004, 07:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://tomflocco.com/modules.php?nam...rder=0&thold=0

"Homeland Security whistleblower Mary Schneider is naming names, revealing that former FBI Director Louis Freeh, Attorney General John Ashcroft, FBI Director Robert Mueller and numerous U.S. senators and congressmen knew before the September 11 attacks that U.S. immigration officials were bribed by an illegal Moroccan Muslim allegedly linked to Osama bin Laden’s half-brother. This according to Schneider, who was told about the illegal alien's ties to terrorism by outside informant Bonnie Sharrit."

Old 07-13-2004, 08:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Let's all just relax and enjoy some of Lynne Cheney's lesbian erotica from her 1981 opus "Sisters":

"The women who embraced in the wagon were Adam and Eve, crossing a dark cathedral stage. No, Eve and Eve, loving one another as they would not be able to once they ate of the fruit and knew themselves as they truly were. She felt curiously moved, curiously envious of them. She had never until this moment thought that Eden was a particularly attractive paradise, based on it was of naivete, but she saw that the women in the cart had a passionate, loving intimacy forever closed to her. How strong it made them. What comfort it gave."

"The young woman was heavily powdered, but quite attractive. A curvesome creature, rounded at breast and cheek. When she smiled, even her teeth seemed puffed and rounded like tiny ivory pillows."

Old 07-13-2004, 08:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

"The young woman was heavily powdered, but quite attractive. A curvesome creature, rounded at breast and cheek. When she smiled, even her teeth seemed puffed and rounded like tiny ivory pillows."

Why'd you stop?
And I assume "teeth" here is a euphemism for "breasts".

- Jake
Old 07-13-2004, 10:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango
Hawaii- Pearl Harbour, and those damned "redcoats" back in the day.
PSST... Pearl Harbor's generally not considered a "foreign attack on American soil" because in 1941, Hawaii was still a territory and a base location, it wasn't a state and technically "American soil" until the 1950s.

Screw all this arguing about the presidential elections! Think instead of the fact that my state may just have Senator MIKE DITKA soon... EEEEEK
Old 07-13-2004, 10:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayley

Screw all this arguing about the presidential elections! Think instead of the fact that my state may just have Senator MIKE DITKA soon... EEEEEK
That is scary.

- Jake
Old 07-13-2004, 11:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Am I the only one who is really concerned about health care? I hate the fact that my insurance is linked to my job. If I quit or get fired, it should have no bearing on my insurance, IMO. And don't even get me started on the number of folks without insurance. It's ridiculous.

- Jake
Old 07-13-2004, 11:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation We know that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklinensuit
Am I the only one who is really concerned about health care? I hate the fact that my insurance is linked to my job. If I quit or get fired, it should have no bearing on my insurance, IMO. And don't even get me started on the number of folks without insurance. It's ridiculous.

- Jake
feeling all to well. Insurance does help out when your total family medical bills are nearing the $450,000 mark (Deb's insurance has been at 100% since November 2003...We are only responsible for the out of pocket amount of around $2000.00)

Deb's insurance is also tied to her job (Helps being a nurse in a large hospital), Fortunately we havent had much problem with the insurance company paying the bills but I would hate to have seen what happened had her insurance not covered all the costs.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 07-13-2004, 11:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life
feeling all to well. Insurance does help out when your total family medical bills are nearing the $450,000 mark (Deb's insurance has been at 100% since November 2003...We are only responsible for the out of pocket amount of around $2000.00)

Deb's insurance is also tied to her job (Helps being a nurse in a large hospital), Fortunately we havent had much problem with the insurance company paying the bills but I would hate to have seen what happened had her insurance not covered all the costs.
Exactly. And I had lunch last week with my old boss who retired last year due to M.S. She said she cannot imagine someone without advanced degrees completing all the paperwork that she has to handle regularly.

- Jake
Old 07-13-2004, 11:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, welcome, Amber!

Although the member list of the LIHOP group is small, we are slowly growing.
There are more of us than anyone realizes.
Old 07-13-2004, 11:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer

Darling, the military stood down for the first several planes and shot the last one out of the sky. The guy that warned them this was going to happen ended up underneath the rubble of the WTC on his FIRST day of his new job as head of security. Too many coincidences. They knew. Bush needed a minor accident to help his approval ratings and to start the Iraq invasion (all a part of the PNAC doctrine). I don't think they anticipated the collapse of the buildings. They may also have been double crossed. I could be wrong.
Old 07-13-2004, 11:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayley
PSST... Pearl Harbor's generally not considered a "foreign attack on American soil" because in 1941, Hawaii was still a territory and a base location, it wasn't a state and technically "American soil" until the 1950s.

Could he be any worse than Denny Hastert? Or Ryan? Also, any truth to the "fetus in a jar" story?
P.S. My understanding is he is not even registered to vote in Illinois.
Vote Obama!

Last edited by gldstwmn; 07-14-2004 at 01:44 AM..