Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-29-2004, 11:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tower
I just turned 35.

I am now probably about 60% gray. My extremely queenie hair stylist likes my grey hair calling it "silver and distinguished".

I started turning gray about five years ago. It was not noticeable for awhile, and then one day- WHAM!!!- I had mega-grey hair.

Oh, well....

I usta dye my hair all the time- not because I had gray hair, but because I wanted to dye it different colors and shades (platinum blond, wine red, black, etc....). I don't wanna dye my hair anymore because I hate that "gray-growing-in-through-dyed-hair-you're-a-hag" look.
Wow, platinum blond. What color was your hair when you were younger?

- Jake
Old 05-29-2004, 11:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky
This visual is absolutely hysterical.
Not to the other drivers on the road.

Jason, I think we need to get you a "Grey Hair On Board" sign for your car to caution other motorists.

- Jake
Old 05-29-2004, 11:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I am being dramatic

Probably 90-100 bucks, and I would have to get it done every 4-5 weeks. Of course, the idea is goofy. I am NOT flattered when told I look distinguished. I am not old enough to be shooting for "distinguished". I am still at an age where I would far prefer, oh, hunky. F-able. Hottie. Something that implies a little more action...
Would you settle for "well preserved"?

- Jake
Old 05-29-2004, 11:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
It was - trust me!!!!!!! To add insult to injury, it took like ten minutes for me to isolate the one hair and pull the MF'er out

I had visions of Betty Buckheads in there Vovo station wagons screaming "ROAD HOG" and then continuing their oh so important Junior League cell conversations
Why do I imagine you had tweezers in your glove compartment already?

- Jake

Last edited by darklinensuit; 05-29-2004 at 12:07 PM..
Old 05-29-2004, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeGeMe
I pay $125 every 10-12 weeks to keep mine looking "natural". But a lot of folks go the do-it-yourself route which is a lot cheaper. I'd probably end up with pink hair though if I tried to do it myself!
It might cost a little more, but you're worth it.

- Jake
Old 05-29-2004, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, that is a little like taking the "YOu can tile your own bathroom" class at Home Depot. Then your spend a wad of $$$$ on the tools and materials and when you try what looked so easy in class at your house, you wind up having to pay a professional double to fix it
So the lesson is, Don't purchase hair products at Home Depot. Hope you didn't learn that the hard way.

- Jake
Old 05-29-2004, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
My hair is kind of short and grows fast, so I'd need more frequent tune-ups. OMG, the DIY hair color. NO BUENO. My sister used to color her own hair. I finally talked her into paying someone and she looks normal again. Was pretty scary for a while though. Looked like a wig. This guy at my gym went strawberry blond the other day. Obvious DIY job. I wanted to ask him which Muppet he tracked down and skinned to make his new hat.
Don't be silly. I don't think any Muppets of that color exist in nature.

- Jake
Old 05-29-2004, 12:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenStateGirlie
Does it look like i'm lacking hair?
What's on your back is none of my business.

- Jake
Old 05-29-2004, 12:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
last I saw, which was two weeks ago, you have great and pretty hair!!!!!!!
Kiss-up.

- Jake
Old 05-29-2004, 12:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's why I pay my guy the big bucks to keep mine looking halfway decent. I get "double-processed"--a base color first, followed by foils using three different colors to give it highlights, midlights, and lowlights. The good part is that it's a lot less noticable when my roots start to grow out. The bad part is that it takes forever-like 2 1/2 to 3 hours. And then there's the knowledge that one day all of my hair will probably fall out from all the chemicals or I'll develop some exotic cancer of some sort. But hey--what price beauty?
Don't they tell pregant women not to get it done? That's scary.

Stevie never lost her hair, right? It just turned to straw.

- Jake
Old 05-29-2004, 12:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklinensuit

- Jake
Yeah, but I think Stevie also was getting hers permed too on top of the hair color. That really takes a toll on your hair.
Old 05-29-2004, 12:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, but I think Stevie also was getting hers permed too on top of the hair color. That really takes a toll on your hair.
No, that just took a toll on my eyes.

- Jake
Old 05-29-2004, 01:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Kiss-up.

- Jake
You could learn from Jason.
Old 05-29-2004, 01:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

- Jake
A lot of pregnant women avoid getting their hair foiled, yes. However, there are still some that do it anyway.

The big avoidance for pregnant women where I work are spa pedicures and reflexology. Evidently, on a pregnant woman, the back of your ankle (if touched in the wrong way) can literally induce labor. THAT is scary....and random too.
Old 05-29-2004, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenStateGirlie
You could learn from Jason.
You could hold your breath for that to happen soon.

- Jake