The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-23-2010, 09:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

34!! Still kicking myself for not getting a ticket for The Dance and SYW. But, I did go 4 times last year, so that helps make up for it a little.

Last edited by Amlyn; 03-23-2010 at 09:24 PM..
Old 03-23-2010, 09:52 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Saw them in 2003 (I was almost 24)

I saw Stevie first, though, in 2001 on TISL tour.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I had just turned 16. August 31, 1975 at Balboa Stadium in San Diego. General admission lawn seats were a whopping $7.50 The concert was Rod Stewart and Faces, Loggins and Messina, Lynyrd Skynyrd and Fleetwood Mac with brand new members Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks! Here is a picture of the ticket stubs. Unfortunately they ripped the ticket stubs in half when you entered. No scanners back then. The Fleetwood Mac side wasn't on the remaining half.

Old 03-23-2010, 10:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

18 - SYW Tour at the Meadowlands in the Continental Airlines Arena (Now the IZOD Center)

But I saw Stevie at 16 for the first time during TISL at the Tweeter Center in Camden, NJ
Old 03-23-2010, 10:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachwood Mac View Post
I had just turned 16. August 31, 1975 at Balboa Stadium in San Diego. General admission lawn seats were a whopping $7.50 The concert was Rod Stewart and Faces, Loggins and Messina, Lynyrd Skynyrd and Fleetwood Mac with brand new members Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks! Here is a picture of the ticket stubs. Unfortunately they ripped the ticket stubs in half when you entered. No scanners back then. The Fleetwood Mac side wasn't on the remaining half.

Wow, What do you remember about F/Mac's performance????
Old 03-24-2010, 10:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

My first Mac concert was in 1987, Tango in the Night tour, I was 17 years old.
My first Stevie concert was in 1986, RAL, I was 16.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

31. (1997, The Reunion tour)
Old 03-24-2010, 03:47 PM
Registered

21, opening night of the SYW tour in Columbus, OH. Cannot believe its coming up on seven years.
Old 03-24-2010, 03:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie W/Heart View Post
Wow, What do you remember about F/Mac's performance????
Not.a.damn.thing.

I do remember being there but 1. It was a hot summer day and 2. Never mix Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill wine, weed and red vines. You just end up passed out on the field of a football stadium.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was 17 and it was June 4, 2009. Ended up standing a foot away from Lindsey. Effing amazing.

"Or maybe she's a witch, who transcends the boundaries of time and space, and traveled back to 1981, for her own reference."
Old 03-25-2010, 10:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Not.a.damn.thing.

I do remember being there but 1. It was a hot summer day and 2. Never mix Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill wine, weed and red vines. You just end up passed out on the field of a football stadium.
HaHa
Old 03-27-2010, 09:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

i was 18. it was november 1997 the Dance tour. It was not only my first Mac concert, it was my first EVER concert. I went with my sister and her husband. It was lousy for me because I spent soooo much on the tickets and our seats were so far back and crappy, i couldn't see anything. i cried when they were all comming on stage to start singing "The Chain". Mostly because I couldn't see them. Then later on when Stevie was singing "Rhiannon", some drunk girl was standing up the whole time while we were all sitting down. She was swaying her ass back and forth to the music and I wanted to see Stevie and couldn't. My sister tried tapping her on her back to ask her to move but she wouldn't budge. I pouted for the rest of the night. When after they sang "Don't Stop", we headed towards the door to leave and I told my sister to wait because I knew that Chris would be singing "Songbird". We stood outside the main lobby I guess you call it, and at that moment my heart stopped. Christine sounded so beautiful. Her voice made everyone just shut up in the whole auditorium. I smiled and said that that was just what i needed to hear. She made you feel at ease and peacefull when she sang that song that it just brought you to your knees.
That was my first Mac concert. I made up for all the time I lost (because of the drunk girl) by seeing them in 2003 with floor seats. Too bad Chris wasn't with them. I would've liked to have heard "Songbird" from inside the auditorium for once.

Last edited by bellagypsy79; 03-27-2010 at 09:44 AM..
Old 03-27-2010, 10:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellagypsy79 View Post
i was 18. it was november 1997 the Dance tour. It was not only my first Mac concert, it was my first EVER concert. I went with my sister and her husband. It was lousy for me because I spent soooo much on the tickets and our seats were so far back and crappy, i couldn't see anything. i cried when they were all comming on stage to start singing "The Chain". Mostly because I couldn't see them. Then later on when Stevie was singing "Rhiannon", some drunk girl was standing up the whole time while we were all sitting down. She was swaying her ass back and forth to the music and I wanted to see Stevie and couldn't. My sister tried tapping her on her back to ask her to move but she wouldn't budge. I pouted for the rest of the night. When after they sang "Don't Stop", we headed towards the door to leave and I told my sister to wait because I knew that Chris would be singing "Songbird". We stood outside the main lobby I guess you call it, and at that moment my heart stopped. Christine sounded so beautiful. Her voice made everyone just shut up in the whole auditorium. I smiled and said that that was just what i needed to hear. She made you feel at ease and peacefull when she sang that song that it just brought you to your knees.
That was my first Mac concert. I made up for all the time I lost (because of the drunk girl) by seeing them in 2003 with floor seats. Too bad Chris wasn't with them. I would've liked to have heard "Songbird" from inside the auditorium for once.
Your experience sounds a lot like mine! My first FM concert was October 1997 for The Dance tour. I also had terrible seats and since I'm really short, I couldn't see a thing when anyone stood. I did my best to see what I could. Some jerk girl sitting behind us and to the right talked loudly to her friends during every song that wasn't sung by Stevie. Considering I was wanting to hear Lindsey and Christine, I felt like slapping the girl!
I had better seats for the Say You Will tour. They weren't floor seats, but maybe the next level up. I still had trouble with people standing during the last four songs, but I was just happy to be there at that point.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Not.a.damn.thing.

LOL!!! Good one yeah not a good mix, blame the red vines. Well I'm sure you had a great time anyway
Old 03-30-2010, 08:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

2004 2nd SYW show in Melbourne
late bloomer. but no looking back now

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
I was 18 in June 2004 on the SYW tour. They played a bigger arena in Houston the previous october....in fact it was the very first concert at that arena (The Houston Rockets play there), but the ticket prices weren't too high. They came in 2004 to a smaller place and lower prices so I went to that one.
OMG!!! i was at that show...........with StevieFan49 ....... HIIIIIIIIII ARLENE
it was sooooo hot and humid that night omg it was gross
the MAC were awesome tho!

Last edited by StreetAngel86; 03-30-2010 at 08:41 AM..