The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-05-2011, 05:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Unless the book has some "new and hot" info, I don't see why FM would care.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall View Post
Unless the book has some "new and hot" info, I don't see why FM would care.
Yeah, that's what I mean - maybe Ken is spilling stuff they wouldn't want him to?
Old 04-05-2011, 07:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Dare we wonder what those things could be?!?!!?
Old 04-06-2011, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
So, does anyone think the Mac is behind Ken's book not getting published yet?
The women sure didn't like books being written.. good point CA..
Old 04-06-2011, 09:03 PM
Junior Ledgie

Smile my book and the lawsuit

Hi everyone, I was saddened when I saw that my lawsuit with my publisher was mentioned here. I want you to all hear from me directly. There is no animosity between me and the band at all. I asked them politely if I could interview them for my book and they politely declined. This is their prerogative. The problem arose when my publisher decided what they bought was dirt on the band. That is not the book I'm writing. This is a loving journey with me and the band during the making of the album. You come with us and are a fly on the wall while you watch us make the album. It's really a journey, like "Almost Famous" - the journey of an innocents walking blindly into the experience of a lifetime (as my editor calls it)
Old 04-06-2011, 09:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kencaillat View Post
Hi everyone, I was saddened when I saw that my lawsuit with my publisher was mentioned here. I want you to all hear from me directly. There is no animosity between me and the band at all. I asked them politely if I could interview them for my book and they politely declined. This is their prerogative. The problem arose when my publisher decided what they bought was dirt on the band. That is not the book I'm writing. This is a loving journey with me and the band during the making of the album. You come with us and are a fly on the wall while you watch us make the album. It's really a journey, like "Almost Famous" - the journey of an innocents walking blindly into the experience of a lifetime (as my editor calls it)
Thanks for clarifying, Ken. I hope we get to read it soon. I loved what I read on the facebook page. Best of luck!
Old 04-06-2011, 09:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The problem arose when my publisher decided what they bought was dirt on the band. That is not the book I'm writing.
I'd much rather read a book about the journey and making of the album esp how the songs and music came together than a bunch a gossip.

I hope your book gets published before it gets forgotten about.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:54 PM
Junior Ledgie

Thanks, I'm dying to get this out, and I have posted samples on my FB pages. I'm looking forward to everyone's comments. Thank you!
Ken
Old 04-06-2011, 10:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks so much for posting here, Ken. I knew there was no way that you were putting out a "dirt" book. I can't wait to purchase a copy. Please keep us updated here, or at least on FB.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks for keeping us posted, Ken. I hope things work out with a publisher soon--the excerpts look great, and there's a wonderful story to be told without any dirt needed.
Old 04-07-2011, 02:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's really a journey, like "Almost Famous" - the journey of an innocents walking blindly into the experience of a lifetime (as my editor calls it)
I love this comparison. Almost Famous is one of my favourite films ever and reading the introduction on facebook did put me in mid of it - a young guy walking into the middle of this incredibly fraught, crazy yet creative atmosphere.

Quote:
I'd much rather read a book about the journey and making of the album esp how the songs and music came together than a bunch a gossip.
Hear hear! Not only have we already heard the gossip countless times from both official and unofficial sources, but that type of stuff is in danger of overshadowing the music on what is an incredible record. That's the stuff we need to hear about!

Thanks for taking the time to keep us updated here and on facebook Ken - we really appreciate it.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile

Quote:
Glad to hear your vision of the book is like what I was hoping for Ken, I don't care about anybody's person staff, just the recording of the music is all I care about reading. Hope it includes a list who specifically played what on each track, that's my holy grail!

John
Old 04-07-2011, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Ken I posted on your FB page. I honestly am over hearing what the band has to say about Rumours. In fact, the less of them the better. We've heard their takes on it. I want to read your story, and drop into that part of your life. The excerpts I read were very cool. Like being dropped into a time machine and getting a great colorful view of a setting I love to reminisce about. If there isn't some honest drama and comotion or dirt as they call it, well I'd think you were writing a PR story. Oh and thanks for posting a pic of Scooter.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetcamelfood View Post
Hope it includes a list who specifically played what on each track, that's my holy grail!

John
Oh that would be wonderful, esp knowing who contributed what to each of the songs even designing of the track listing.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile

Quote:
Oh that would be wonderful, esp knowing who contributed what to each of the songs even designing of the track listing.
I know, I'm overly picky but I thought it was a great thing on the DVD Audio that Ken listed literally all the instrument tracks but I just thought it would make a great thing better if it had the people listed next to each of those and who did each background vocal track etc. I mean, sure, you can listen to the voices with the naked ear but as we know from the remixes on the Rhino remaster, some were mixed so far down on the original mixes there'd be no way or knowing it was even there just by listeing and guessing/assuming, y'know?

I guess this is just the specific area of my fandom that gets my rocks off & would help us to make our discography listings as complete and accurate as possible is all.

John