User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-18-2005, 12:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brwn_eyes0511
The bible also says that God knew each of us when we were in our mother’s womb, and breathed a soul into each of us before we were born.

Well I guess he couldn't make up his mind then huh? So the bible thumpers take out the parts they like, and use it to act like that is the FINAL LAW.

Chris
Old 10-18-2005, 12:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShangriLaTroubl
Well I for one do not think the Constitution is some ruling document about peoples' rights. People were alive before the Constitution was written, does that mean those people deserved nothing because IT'S NOT IN THE CONSTITUTION?!?!?

And I have gay friends also, and I think it's quite sick that they are not allowed to pursue a marriage with the person they are in love with. In fact correct me if I'm wrong, but does the constitution say that a MAN and WOMAN have the right to be married? I don't think so.
Well the Massachusetts Supreme Court seems to disagree with you about that...

So again I say to you...If you can find a right to gay marriage in the constitution then you can find anything!

I think you're also sort of missing the point. It has to do with "traditional marriage" and conservative views of such a union.
Old 10-18-2005, 01:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well the Massachusetts Supreme Court seems to disagree with you about that...

So again I say to you...If you can find a right to gay marriage in the constitution then you can find anything!

I think you're also sort of missing the point. It has to do with "traditional marriage" and conservative views of such a union.

Where in the constitution does it give me and a woman the right to be married? Nowhere, so that argument is dead.

Chris
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well I guess he couldn't make up his mind then huh? So the bible thumpers take out the parts they like, and use it to act like that is the FINAL LAW.

Chris
No, not at all. I think that both statements are biblically true. And BTW...I think you should find the actual quote from the Bible before you go on a "bible thumpers are crazy" tirade.
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
And the NAACP speaks for all black people? Thank GOD ten percent of black voters actually GET IT!
So, the other 90% is, what, too uneducated to "get it"?

Quote:
Well firstly you should remember that not ALL Republicans are for capital punishment. But the fact that you still, in some way, believe that you can compare abortion to capital punishment is quite scary.
The comparison I'm making, and that you're ignoring, is that... if we're to follow God's Laws, as the Republicans say we should... then, in so much as that Christian beliefs dictate that ALL lives are created by God, therefore ALL lives should be respected.

It should not be a "pick and choose" situation.

Quote:
And if this is what you think of the republican party and the conservative movement then you are misguided.

It makes me sick whenever liberals actually blame the death of victims like Matthew Shepard, who was brutally killed by thugs, on conservative Republicans.
Certainly the entire Republican Party didn't beat and torture and leave Matthew Shepard for dead, but their determination to block Anti-Hate Crime laws... which would PROTECT gays and lesbians from such brutality... makes them complicit in his murder.

Any lawmaker who doesn't work to stop crime, might as well say they condone it.

Quote:
You act as if gays have a seperate water fountain that they must drink out of!
If guys like Rick Santorum (one of the Golden Boys of the Republican Party) had their way, we would be.
Old 10-18-2005, 01:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Just FYI, I learned in my Family Law class tonight that there are 1200 benefits that come with marriage that non married people don't have.
Carry on, y'all know how I feel about what you are talking about.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 10-18-2005, 01:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew

The comparison I'm making, and that you're ignoring, is that... if we're to follow God's Laws, as the Republicans say we should... then, in so much as that Christian beliefs dictate that ALL lives are created by God, therefore ALL lives should be respected.

Certainly the entire Republican Party didn't beat and torture and leave Matthew Shepard for dead, but their determination to block Anti-Hate Crime laws... which would PROTECT gays and lesbians from such brutality... makes them complicit in his murder.

If guys like Rick Santorum (one of the Golden Boys of the Republican Party) had their way, we would be.

Nice post, Stew, great logic.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 10-18-2005, 01:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The pro lifers always use this biblical quote to make their claim of proof :

"For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works: and that my soul knoweth right well. My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them."

--Someone how they try to say that these lines PROVE that life begins at conception, when in fact they never say that. It basically says, God conceives us first, in kind of like a blueprint or book...before we are born God uses this to form our bodies. All that is described is the making of the human form. Nothing about having a SOUL when we are conceived.
Old 10-18-2005, 01:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

And of course "Thou shall not kill" applies to abortion right???? No. There are many exceptions described in the bible to the "Thou shall not kill" commandment.. One being abortion, or a forced miscarriage (same thing!)

"When men strive together, and hurt a woman with child, so that there is a miscarriage, and yet no harm follows, the one who hurt her shall be fined, according as the woman's husband shall lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine."
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
Well not so much "uneducated" as they are "misinformed" or "lied to". Not because they are black...but because they are democrats.

Quote:

I keep hearing so much about the right to life of the murderer, but what about the victim? Where was their "pick and choose" situation?

Quote:

And what makes you think that Republican law makers don't care about the brutal death of any person, regardless of whether they are gay or straight? The accused will be tried based upon the crime they are accused of committing. Why does there have to be "special" laws for gay and lesbian committed crimes? If we start prosecuting on the basis of these "Anti-hate crime" laws, then we can pretty much frivolously apply them to any criminal situation, right?

Quote:

Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
Just FYI, I learned in my Family Law class tonight that there are 1200 benefits that come with marriage that non married people don't have.
That's exactly right, and thank you for pointing that out, Amber.

We're expected to console ourselves with Civil Unions... which don't even come CLOSE to affording us the rights and benefits of "marriage"... yet Republicans don't even want to allow those!!!

They refuse to throw us that measly little Civil Union crumb. In fact, they don't want us to have any rights at all, period.
Meanwhile, "some of (their) best friends are gay."

Well, excuse me, but I don't stab my best friends in the back.
Old 10-18-2005, 01:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The pro lifers always use this biblical quote to make their claim of proof :

"For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works: and that my soul knoweth right well. My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them."

--Someone how they try to say that these lines PROVE that life begins at conception, when in fact they never say that. It basically says, God conceives us first, in kind of like a blueprint or book...before we are born God uses this to form our bodies. All that is described is the making of the human form. Nothing about having a SOUL when we are conceived.
So when does God give us our soul? When we graduate from high school?
Old 10-18-2005, 01:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I keep hearing so much about the right to life of the murderer, but what about the victim? Where was their "pick and choose" situation?

A life is a life to God right? Or maybe not. THOU SHALL NOT KILL, come on buddy dont forget those great words..lol. seriously though, you are right a murderer does not deserve to live...but we are not God, and it's not up to us to determine who should live or die. Not mention the countless people who have been put to death, and who knows if they were REALLY guilty?

Chris
Old 10-18-2005, 01:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Kinda interesting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
Carry on, y'all know how I feel about what you are talking about.
But when the Bible Humpers here went to the polls to vote this past November on whether Oklahoma should recognize 'alternative lifestyle" marriages or outlaw 'em (Which was shot own, But y'all know how both Deb & myself voted) the Bible-militia forgot to read the whole law, Because when they thought they were making sure gay marriage would never happen they didnt check to see that the law also applies to "common law marriages"....Among others.

So all those folks who are "shacking up" and thinking they are technically legally married dont realized that they arent, Kinda ironic dontcha think that when they voted "Yes" to stop 'alternative lifestyle" marriages they actually stopped their own relationships moreso instead.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 10-18-2005, 01:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So when does God give us our soul? When we graduate from high school?

Well according to the man himself, when we breath our first breathe...

Chris