User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-07-2003, 10:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Gazza
It's like a Shakespearean love story isn't it?!
It's like the final scene in "Othello" between Othello & Desdemona!

"Put out the light, then put out the light ..."
Old 04-07-2003, 10:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
Ah, the crazy past of Fleetwood Mac!
Remember the story from the "Everything You Always Wanted to Know" book about Lindsey casually putting his foot out right in front of Stevie as she was walking by backstage during the 1982 tour?

It was a mean thing to do, but it's funny hearing about it. I can just picture him sitting there on the couch, listening to her talking about her frothy spirits & magick & watching her raise her froopy maker-of-birds' wings, & then casually sticking his foot out, sending her on her magickal way. Children can be so mean.

The difference between my perspective on the Buckingham-Nicks relationship & that of some of my fellow fans is that they see the nastiness between the two as sublimated passion whereas I see it as indicative of a genuine annoyance factor. When you think someone is a dufus, what do you do? You stick your foot out casually ....
Old 04-07-2003, 10:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hey LindseyRocks-David, I tried to just shrug off you comments about Stevie deserving a good crack in the mouth...I know you made it to be funny but I never found one occasion to laugh as I watched my own Dad beat up on my Mom many many times while I was growing up. And I am thankful every day I was able to break my own cycle of domestic violence and find a husband who does not feel that a good crack in the mouth is the way to solve an arguement.

Could somebody explain to me how slapping someone would CALM them? this is a "medical" leftover from a more patriarchal time, when advice suggested the best way to calm an hysterical person down was to "shock" them into silence by a good slap across the face. so guess who was considered the type to get more hysterical?? men or women? and guess who did most of the slapping?? men or women?

Now as for Stevie and Lindsey, well, that's between them and forgiveness is their perogative.

I remember a man when he said to me
He said, "What do you do?"
I sing...

S. Nicks

Photobucket

www.myspace.com/bellafigura64

Last edited by Bella Figura; 04-07-2003 at 07:45 PM..
Old 04-07-2003, 10:49 AM
Ledgie

"It must be 10 years ago - but an ex-girlfriend of LBs was on a talk show - maybe Donahue - and she was talking about being physically abused by him. I think it was the model girlfriend he had around the time of Law and Order. I know people that know LB personally and they have said he has a very violent side that comes out when he drinks." Originally posted by Jeffs.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I remember this too. Seems like it aired back in like '93 or '94.
Old 04-07-2003, 11:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by rianbay1
"It must be 10 years ago - but an ex-girlfriend of LBs was on a talk show - maybe Donahue - and she was talking about being physically abused by him. I think it was the model girlfriend he had around the time of Law and Order. I know people that know LB personally and they have said he has a very violent side that comes out when he drinks." Originally posted by Jeffs.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I remember this too. Seems like it aired back in like '93 or '94.
Old 04-07-2003, 11:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Could somebody explain to me how slapping someone would CALM them ?????

Yea,really..if someone slapped me i'd be hittin' them back...

Quote:
It was a mean thing to do, but it's funny hearing about it. I can just picture him sitting there on the couch, listening to her talking about her frothy spirits & magick & watching her raise her froopy maker-of-birds' wings, & then casually sticking his foot out, sending her on her magickal way. Children can be so mean.

I think that is so funny...much better than slapping someone for sure...Stevie and Lindsey's relationship has always amused me..i mean...they have known each other for 30 years...longer than most marriages...and like 85% of that time they have spent not liking each other to the enth degree...and now they are cool...it is just...ODD.....

"I walk on stage, I'm very strong, I'm still pretty cute and I rock." -Stevie Nicks
Old 04-07-2003, 11:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey and Christine? now there's a new twist to the plot...=:-) Although if you watch the way he looks at her ever so often in the Mirage tour video you could believe there might be something there...=:-)

I do not know to what extent I believe the story in Mick's book. Not that I think Lindsey and Stevie are angels, but I am sure the story was exaggerated to bring in the bucks...and let's remember Mick was very mad at Lindsey at that point...

"We listen to their voices, ignoring our own voice" Stevie - SOTM
"I keep the dream in my pocket, never let it fade away" Lindsey - TITN
Old 04-07-2003, 11:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Uncut Magazine: Tango-era violence??

Quote:
Originally posted by Mad4stevie
It just seems weird that this story comes up again, almost exactly as it was told in Mick Fleetwood's biography.
I think that's because it was taken exactly from Mick Fleetwood's biography. Notice nobody from the band currently was quoted in the re-telling of this story for this article.

Lindsey and Stevie have both had their say on this in the many years since 1987 and both offer stories that differ from Mick's version. No amount of innuendo and rumor will ever give us the real truth and the two parties involved would seem to prefer to keep the whole story to themselves. From what they have said, it seems to me they both played a part and both have gotten over and forgiven whatever transgressions took place.

The magazine included Mick's version of the story for the scandal factor (regardless of the truth), because it generates discussion -- and it has.
Old 04-07-2003, 11:54 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Phil
MissJanet, it's a little difficult to swallow that Lindsey could become besotted with the likes of Christine when he'd had a chick the calibre of Stevie. I have a soft spot for ol' girl McVie but then I guess that's the problem... she doesn't exactly incite a raging hard-on!
PHIL!!! How very masculine and unsensible! LOL!
I don't think you are right, Christine has always attracted men, have you ever seen her in person? Pictures and videos don't do her justice, in the 1990 tour she had the entire house at her feet at the end of the concert. Elegant, slender and beautiful, that was Christine. Add the dry humour and the talent, she is perfect (pun intended)!
Old 04-07-2003, 11:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by misterbug
ok, sorry to feed the rumor mill more, but i read somewhere that in the '70s lindsey and stevie rented a cabin somewhere, they got into a fight, lindsey chased her with a knife, blah blah blah, stevie wrote landslide. is there any grain of truth in this tale?
No.

Well, I take that back. Any grain of truth? Yes - Stevie did write Landslide after having an argument with Lindsey somewhere in Aspen.

Last edited by Les; 04-07-2003 at 11:59 AM..
Old 04-07-2003, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: Uncut Magazine: Tango-era violence??

Quote:
Originally posted by Les
I think that's because it was taken exactly from Mick Fleetwood's biography. Notice nobody from the band currently was quoted in the re-telling of this story for this article.

The magazine included Mick's version of the story for the scandal factor (regardless of the truth), because it generates discussion -- and it has.
Lindsey has always denied he hit her, and still does. He has said they were never friends, so the blowup wasn't surprising, IMO.

From the Uncut article:
"For Buckingham, Say You Will is the first Fleetwood Mac studio album he has been involved with since the fateful Tango in the Night, and although he disputes some of the details of the confrontation that resulted in his 1987 departure, he concedes euphemistically it was "not a happy day"."

I concur with David's perspective:

"The difference between my perspective on the Buckingham-Nicks relationship & that of some of my fellow fans is that they see the nastiness between the two as sublimated passion whereas I see it as indicative of a genuine annoyance factor. When you think someone is a dufus, what do you do? You stick your foot out casually ...."

Barbara
Old 04-07-2003, 02:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by David
When you think someone is a dufus, what do you do? You stick your foot out casually ....
Ah, but it could also be that "pulling the pig-tails of the girl you secretly like" type of behaviour.

How ever they may have treated each other in '87, or '82, or even '79... I think Stevie and Lindsey are completely over each other nowadays, in regards to their romance.
They've both been in love several times since then, not to mention that Lindsey is happily married with two children now, and Stevie has stated that it's actually a man other than Lindsey whom she considers to be the love of her life.

But I think they both acknowledge (perhaps somewhat begrudgingly) that the other functions extremely well as their muse.
After all, an almost infinite amount of material can be mined from a tempestuous relationship... especially one that has taken many shapes, and has existed for so many years.

Last edited by Johnny Stew; 04-07-2003 at 02:12 PM..
Old 04-07-2003, 02:41 PM
Senior Ledgie

Arrow !

Quote:
Originally posted by MissJanet
PHIL!!! How very masculine and unsensible! LOL!
I don't think you are right, Christine has always attracted men, have you ever seen her in person? Pictures and videos don't do her justice, in the 1990 tour she had the entire house at her feet at the end of the concert. Elegant, slender and beautiful, that was Christine. Add the dry humour and the talent, she is perfect (pun intended)!
You are crazy.

I'm sorry but Christine is not even remotely attractive. And that's fine, because I like her songwriting and voice anyway. But really people let's be realistic; calling Christine beautiful is a stretch.

Dan
"It's not about the money, and it's not about the fame. It's about knowing that I connected with people, and that maybe one of my songs made them feel better at some point in their life when they were sad." -Stevie Nicks
Old 04-07-2003, 03:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

For anyone who questions Christine's sex appeal, just check out the "Seven Wonders" video.
The woman is absolutely GORGEOUS there.

Personally, I think Christine is a beautiful woman, period.
I tend to think of her along the lines of someone like Linda McCartney. Their physical beauty is perhaps more subtle, because they come off in a very earthy, motherly way.
Old 04-07-2003, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Stew
For anyone who questions Christine's sex appeal, just check out the "Seven Wonders" video.
The woman is absolutely GORGEOUS there.

Personally, I think Christine is a beautiful woman, period.
I tend to think of her along the lines of someone like Linda McCartney. Their physical beauty is perhaps more subtle, because they come off in a very earthy, motherly way.
Amen - also, she had a killer sense of style ("Belair Chic") in the 80 and 90's.

save the cheerleader - save the world