The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-27-2005, 12:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer
Hence the quote, "Money doesn't buy happiness, but you call pull your yacht pretty damn close."

Thank you!!!

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 05-27-2005, 12:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by all the same
I have been ridiculously sad lately. It seems everyone in my life is going through some major trauma right now. Family deaths, cancer scares, depression, loneliness. It makes it really hard to figure out what the point of it all is. I get easily overwhelmed by life. Anyone else?
I'm sorry you're feeling low. We're here for you, to talk, vent, or whatever you need.
Old 05-27-2005, 12:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hence the quote, "Money doesn't buy happiness, but you call pull your yacht pretty damn close."

Lord Child - my mother always said a facsimilie of that "Money cannot buy you happiness, but it sure can make you suffah in comfort"

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 05-27-2005, 12:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
Lord Child - my mother always said a facsimilie of that "Money cannot buy you happiness, but it sure can make you suffah in comfort"
LOL! That is too funny!
Old 05-27-2005, 12:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm sorry you're feeling low. We're here for you, to talk, vent, or whatever you need.
Thanks GypsySorcerer. I will get through this. I just need to be reminded that there is beauty in the world. Hah! Right as I said that someone outside my window screamed "F*CK YOU!!!" really loud to someone. Yep, this is a beautiful world, isn't it?

Where on your palm is my little line when you're written in mine as an old memory?

KATE BUSH
Old 05-27-2005, 12:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool Well...

Quote:
I have been ridiculously sad lately. It seems everyone in my life is going through some major trauma right now. Family deaths, cancer scares, depression, loneliness. It makes it really hard to figure out what the point of it all is. I get easily overwhelmed by life. Anyone else?
The major trauma's ya listed have been my life for the last 2 years...This year has sucked worse than any since 1977 but I am still here and still not giving up, Just too lazy to give up actually (Besides, Someone has to collect all the upcoming Stevie Nicks solo shows )

Just hang in there...If I can survive 2005 than everybody else in the world should be able to also

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 05-27-2005, 12:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life
The major trauma's ya listed have been my life for the last 2 years...This year has sucked worse than any since 1977 but I am still here and still not giving up, Just too lazy to give up actually (Besides, Someone has to collect all the upcoming Stevie Nicks solo shows )

Just hang in there...If I can survive 2005 than everybody else in the world should be able to also
Thanks, Brian. I guess if you can hang in, then I should be able to, too.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 05-27-2005, 12:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Once again, you have perfectly stated exactly how I feel about people. This is unnerving! When people seem to need me too much, I shut down.

I guess a little history is in order. I had a fantastic childhood - the things people dream of really. My parents are great people and I was very fortunate that they really took me all over the world with them. That may be why I am very comfortable in most settings. Around my 20's, I did musical theatre and some modelling. I loved the former and really did not care for the latter, though the latter lasted longer and paid a whole lot better than my illustrious acting career, which apparently I alone thought I was good at In the middle of all of that, I got my law degree, which was really because my parents thought it was a good thing to get. I like practicing law, so its cool. But, I liked singing "there's a bright golden haze on the meadow" to a crowded house who adored me a whole helluva lot better Then, I dated someone for a very long time. But, now we have sort of a LB - SN relationship, which is cool because we had, to paraphrase Stevie, barriers of time and other forms really prohibit us from being together. Depressing as it can be - Such is life - but in that - I guess really those (few have done all of that)- lifetimes, I learned about walls and how to make people want me. But, now that I do not have the guise of youth and my 195 pound body (though I am working back to it) - I have to rely more on me, which is cool, but harder. So, I guess what I am trying to say is, you are not alone in what you are going through and sometimes life just does not work out the way we want it to.

I hope that did not sound to "me me me - its all about me"

Last edited by strandinthewind; 05-27-2005 at 12:27 AM..
Old 05-27-2005, 12:12 AM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 05-27-2005, 12:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Notwithstanding you other "issues," don't you think everyone builds walls. I mean we all have out secrets. We all like our privacy. We all like a little mystery. Do you build huge walls all of the time?

In edit - that was meant in a curious way with no derision - I think you prob. knew that but on a re read I thought it could come off as that
Oh, I know you're just curious. I guess most people build emotional walls around them... I tend to do it when a relationship or dating type situation feels like it could get serious... I don't know if that's normal.
Old 05-27-2005, 12:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I cannot even begin to tell you how much I admire your strength in the last few years. But, other than the devastating loss of your mom, the other things are working out mostly for the best. Deb is better and you have new siblings. So, I guess hang on to that during your current medical stuff.

Old 05-27-2005, 12:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

How could 1977 possible have sucked? Uh... RUMOURS came out that year!!!

Where on your palm is my little line when you're written in mine as an old memory?

KATE BUSH
Old 05-27-2005, 12:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
I wouldn't think depression and trauma can be graded. Sorry, I realise it's just a gesture but all the same, I disagree.
That's probably true. For instance, nothing like what's happened to Brian has ever happened to me, yet for days, I have been sobbing, and thinking how neat it would be not to be here. or anywhere. In fact, nothing super traumatic has ever happened to me, really. Except for existing. But there you have it. So, basically, I agree.

Old 05-27-2005, 12:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfanken
Oh, I know you're just curious. I guess most people build emotional walls around them... I tend to do it when a relationship or dating type situation feels like it could get serious... I don't know if that's normal.

I do not know. I was thinking about it though and I usually do it because I really do not want to date anyone. Maybe I am too picky

Old 05-27-2005, 12:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Easy...

Quote:
How could 1977 possible have sucked? Uh... RUMOURS came out that year!!!
I lost my Grandfather (On my Mother's side) in April 1977, Then I lost my Father in Oct (And nearly my Mother in the same car wreck) then only 20 days later I lost my other Grandfather (He couldnt take it that his son/My Father passed away and it literally broke his heart).

I survived 1977, and I will survive 2005

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 05-27-2005, 12:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I cannot even begin to tell you how much I admire your strength in the last few years. But, other than the devastating loss of your mom, the other things are working out mostly for the best. Deb is better and you have new siblings. So, I guess hang on to that during your current medical stuff.
Just echoing strandie here. Brian, we're all pulling for you.