Originally Posted by foxyluva View Post
Basically
Oh? Why didn't I know this?
Old 02-27-2007, 09:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by markolas View Post
Oh? Why didn't I know this?
Beacuse I don't really call myself a buddhist per say - I just believe in and live to the way that the buddhist 'religion' specifies. I don't really attend any services or anything like that, but I probably will start one day
Old 02-27-2007, 09:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyluva View Post
Beacuse I don't really call myself a buddhist per say - I just believe in and live to the way that the buddhist 'religion' specifies. I don't really attend any services or anything like that, but I probably will start one day
Oh, okay.

I practice Nichiren Shu, and supposedly am going to officially join sometime this year - the next time the minister comes to Texas, whenever that'll be.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think since I was "raised Christian" I have the belief of heaven and hell etched into my brain. I believe in Jesus Christ, and I also believe he is a loving and accepting God. (I'm no Bible banger, I'm no saint, and I haven't attended services since I was a kid) So, it is my theory that those who are truely evil will wind up in some sort of "hell" (maybe not the firey damnation type hell) and those who gave it their best shot and lived a decent life will make it to "heaven". I mean, heaven, like, reunited with family. As far as experiences... When my husband died, ten minutes before I got home, I swear I knew he was dead, how he died, where he was in the house. Something came over me while in the car, and now I kinda think it was him warning me before hand. And low and behold, when I got home, he died exactly how I thought he did, and was exactly where I thought he was. In the almost 4 years since, I have "heard" him, in his voice, talk to me on a couple of different occasions. Nothing real big or life changing. I remember there was a time where I heard him tell me to go and check on Sara (she was upstairs playing, I was downstairs watching TV) and when I did, she had her head in the toilet vomiting. Poor thing came down with a stomach virus. There was another time with the garage lights... this is kinda funny... The outdoor garage lights, ya know, on either side of a garage, kept going out. No sooner then I would replace one, the other would go out. I swear, I kept on like this for a few months. Back and forth. Both lights. Finally I was in the driveway, changing the last one that blew out, and muttered under my breath, "Jason, quit screwing with these lights. They're getting expensive!" I swear they haven't gone out since.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

sara gave me goosebumps with the garage lights. I am aware of my father reaching me from the otherside.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1998 View Post
There was another time with the garage lights... this is kinda funny... The outdoor garage lights, ya know, on either side of a garage, kept going out. No sooner then I would replace one, the other would go out. I swear, I kept on like this for a few months. Back and forth. Both lights. Finally I was in the driveway, changing the last one that blew out, and muttered under my breath, "Jason, quit screwing with these lights. They're getting expensive!" I swear they haven't gone out since.
I remember you telling that story before..it was great then and still is now.

I've never had anyone close to me pass away, but all your stories are so similar to ones I've heard from my close friends who've lost loved ones...it really gives me hope that there is, indeed, something after this life...
Old 02-27-2007, 11:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Unhappy I can relate...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
sara gave me goosebumps with the garage lights. I am aware of my father reaching me from the otherside.
to what Sara said (I f**king hit the wrong key and deleted my long ass response).

When my Mom died on March 21,2005 at 5:07PM-I knew it. I didnt want to answer the home phone when Geary (My older brother) called me (I was talking to Lesa on the cellphone) to say those 2 words that are hauntingly etched into my mind-"Mom's gone".

I went insane, there's no other words to describe that moment. I destroyed part of living room as Geary & Lesa heard on the phones as I lost control of myself. I was about to punch my fist through the floor furnace, when I clearly heard Mom's voice say "What good will hurting yourself do now?"-So I didnt punch it. I fell onto the floor and bawled for 10-15 minutes as my brother/sister heard it all rush out of me, the loss, the sadness & the emotionally scarring pain.

I remember hearing Lesa asking what happened, but she figured it out without me saying a word. I pulled myself together as my older sister lost it - Here is a sweet loving woman, who had spent 40+ years of her life searching for her biological Mother, to only hear that she passed less than 2 months after they were finally reunited.

As I consoled my older sister Lesa (Who I had only known from Jan.24,2005 to that point), I noticed the front/living room was filled with the most peaceful & vibrant light I had ever seen. Weird, considering it was March, but yet there was the sunlight enlightening the room. At that moment I knew Mom had safely arrived on the other side. I will enjoy that memory as long as I breathe - that was the only time in my life I felt any kind of "peace".

From the evening of March 21 to March 25 (The day of the funeral) it rained. Finally after the funeral service was over the sun somewhat finally reappearred. My family members noticed that too. Mom finally stopped "her tears from heaven" for those of us she left behind.

As we stood outside (Geary, his wife Peg & their 2 kids Kendra & Shane and Debbie & myself) at Mom's gravesite, a small rabbit which was running from hunting dogs in the nearby field, ran towards us and ran directy into Peg's leg. The rabbit looked up at us, looked around and ran off. The funeral director saw that episode and said "That's your Mom letting you know that she is alright".

Writing this response is hard, because I can never let go of that day (Glad no one can see on this side of the screen - Nothing worse than watching a 6'-2" 240lbs man cry like a baby). That day I was finally alone in this f**ked up world. The only person who truly loved me unconditionally my whole life (Deb has since 1991) was no longer on this side of existence - But I am sure she is finally with Dad, the only person who also unconditionally loved Mom. I know their happy to finally be together.

Last edited by estranged4life; 02-27-2007 at 11:30 PM..
Old 02-27-2007, 11:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm not all that concerned about what's gonna happen after I die. The concept holds no fear for me. I'm just gonna relish the rest. Having lost a good number of people I have loved, there have been moments when some odd things have happened to me. Could have been my imagination, but I doubt I will ever be sure. Some of my dreams have been extremely vivid, but knowing the power of the mind, I can't say they hold some kind of otherworldly meaning. I'm sure there have been moments that my emotions were on such extreme overload that my brain just had to tell me something good to attain some kind of peace so I wouldn't implode.

Having been brought up with no religion, I don't have any of the heaven and hell stuff solidly placed in my mind. That is just one more myth that I could choose to believe in or not. The idea has elements that can bring some kind of comfort, but I just don't buy that kind of structure. The concept that such a logical system could exist in a spiritual world that in every other way is illogical doesn't pass my bs detector. The truth is I don't need any of that.

Maybe my body will get burned and poof, that's it. I guess I'll know someday.

All animals are equal. But some animals are more equal than others.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life View Post
Writing this response is hard, because I can never let go of that day
Brian, sharing your experience with us is appreciated...I know it is very hard. Your words about your mother and father being together is very touching. I am sending hugss your way...I hope you can feel them.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
I guess I'll know someday.
Your thoughts on the subject are very well put. Thanks for sharing, Sparky.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

This thread is making my head explode, everything people say is so interesting and I want to answer. Brian, this is a hellavuh story, and I totally believe your interpretation of the event. Heck, it doesn't even seem like an "interpretation", it seems that everything actually happened as you said it did. I've known many other people who have had experiences regarding deceased parents and animals. Also, I think that is really beautiful that they appeared as wolves. But I didn't know there were wolves in Oklahoma, if you catch my drift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life View Post
I have never had a near death experience, or been ill enough to be declared 'clinically dead'. But I do have a weird explained sense that cant be explained where I can sense that something bad is going to happen to me, or someone close to me. Why have I been picked (Or sometimes I say "cursed with") to have this sense is a mystery to me, one that maybe someone on the other side thought would come in handy for me someday - Who knows I do believe there is life beyond this existence that I say is our 'hell'.

About a month or so ago, during the last major winter storm, I drove Deb to work (She doesnt like to drive in the ice - I have no opinion one way or the other ) so the next morning as I drove to pick Deb up from work I had an 'encounter'. I was driving along when I spotted what I first thought were 2 coyotes, but these werent coyotes they were wolves (They were much larger in size than any coyotes I have seen - and they were grey whereas coyotes are a darker brown color) - a pair that spotted my car as they crossed the highway and stopped and stared directly in my direction. No sooner than I saw them staring directly back I heard my Mom's voice in my head saying "Everything is alright"- I started to cry immediately. Those 2 wolves then proceeded to run across the grazing land towards the wooded land. I believe those 2 wolves were my parents from the other side of this existence taking a short break to come back and let me know that they are together again and that life is good and awaiting me on that other side. Was my conscience tricking me, or not - I swear it wasnt my conscience because why would I start to cry immediately after that voice? I called my sister to tell her what happened and she freaked.

Do I believe the afterlife of this world to have angels w/harps, rainbows & unicorns and all that fluff stuff? Nope. I believe something is out there - who/what won't be revealed until I take my last breath - and I for one cannot wait!

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 02-27-2007, 11:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Your thoughts on the subject are very well put. Thanks for sharing, Sparky.
Ya know, there are some things in life we can't do anything about.
Other things we can, and since time and energy are in short supply, I try to focus my energy on those.

All animals are equal. But some animals are more equal than others.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Brian, sharing your experience with us is appreciated...I know it is very hard. Your words about your mother and father being together is very touching. I am sending hugss your way...I hope you can feel them.
I couldn't have said it better myself. Thanks for sharing, Brian.