User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-01-2009, 09:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailatixela View Post
When did she say that? LOL that's such a stupid thing to say - she won't be around to own herself as a dog.
She wasn't being serious. She was being funny.
Her dogs are very pampered pooches.

Last edited by trackaghost; 08-01-2009 at 09:06 PM..
Old 08-01-2009, 10:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lightbulb

Stevie had an awesome quote about writing once that I thought was very insightful.
It's still available on Nicksfix in the "Articles and Interviews" section, I believe, as an audio clip. Unfortunately I don't currently have the software to be able to listen to it, but here's the best I can come to an exact quote of it - please remember I'm just "paraphrasing," though - -

"...and I SWEAR sometimes it just feels like these words are just coming THROUGH ME . . . from SOMEBODY ELSE or some spirit CHANNEL or something. Because I'm just WRITING - - - as FAST as I can, DOOT-DOOT-DOOT (*makes scribbling noises like she's writing really fast*) and I - - - You know, I don't make an 'appointment' to write. You have to write when it COMES, not when you plan to. People tell me, 'OH, we've made an appointment to write, we're going to meet at three o'clock and write, we're going to write for three hours today' and it's like I'm going 'Are you INSANE!?' Because I cannot even . . . understand that!"

Pretty good advice, i.m.o.
Old 08-01-2009, 11:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailatixela View Post
When did she say that? LOL that's such a stupid thing to say - she won't be around to own herself as a dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
She wasn't being serious. She was being funny.
Her dogs are very pampered pooches.
Stevie believes in reincarnation; or at least she's made remarks in the past indicating that she did, at that point in time.
I think maybe she was saying, "in between her lines," that "what goes around comes around." In other words, she's nice
to her pooches 'cause if she wasn't, maybe it could come back to her some day - - - in one form or another.
Plus (i.m.o.) like you said, she was just being funny and cute and Stevie-ish.

Last edited by Ghost_Tracker; 08-01-2009 at 11:11 PM..
Old 08-01-2009, 11:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

From Fox & Friends 4-5-09:

Clayton Morris: "You guys are in Guitar Hero"

Stevie: "You who guys?"
Old 08-02-2009, 03:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Tracker View Post
Stevie had an awesome quote about writing once that I thought was very insightful.
It's still available on Nicksfix in the "Articles and Interviews" section, I believe, as an audio clip. Unfortunately I don't currently have the software to be able to listen to it, but here's the best I can come to an exact quote of it - please remember I'm just "paraphrasing," though - -

"...and I SWEAR sometimes it just feels like these words are just coming THROUGH ME . . . from SOMEBODY ELSE or some spirit CHANNEL or something. Because I'm just WRITING - - - as FAST as I can, DOOT-DOOT-DOOT (*makes scribbling noises like she's writing really fast*) and I - - - You know, I don't make an 'appointment' to write. You have to write when it COMES, not when you plan to. People tell me, 'OH, we've made an appointment to write, we're going to meet at three o'clock and write, we're going to write for three hours today' and it's like I'm going 'Are you INSANE!?' Because I cannot even . . . understand that!"

Pretty good advice, i.m.o.
I would LOVE to get my hands on the actual direct quote. I respect Stevie even more as a writer than as a singer, so this is something that would really intrigue me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockALittle250 View Post

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 08-02-2009, 10:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

"You should wear something that makes you look as tall and slender as possible....and it's usually black." -Mtv's fanatic 1998

"I always wear black because as you all know black makes you look skinny.....tada." -VH1's all access 2003.

She does have a point with wearing black clothes. I love wearing white, but hell, it does make me look fatter than I already am. Maybe I shouldn't get married then.....not until I loose it. LOL!
Old 08-02-2009, 10:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

That was funny!!

Here are some of my favs:

"Lindsey could not have been a waitress." - 2001 NBC with Matt Laurer

(about Buckingham Nicks):

Mark/Brian: "A record that you guys released years ago that has been rediscovered by a lot of Fleetwood Mac fans, which I think is the record that Mick heard and invited you guys to join the band... which was Buckingham Nicks. I recently had a friend burn that for me but I've not seen that in a store, is that available?"

Lindsey: "No, it's not. We haven't been able to sort of get the timing, I guess, would you say?"

Stevie: "No. But we could make you a cassette! [Lindsey laughs] I never went to the burning of cd's, I don't have cd's, I just have cassettes."

Mark/Brian: "So you're the reason they still have cassette players in cars?"

Stevie: "That is so true." [everybody laughs] - 2003 Mark & Brian

The title of this song (Lindsey tuning guitar to play) is “Never Going Back Again” – You Lie!” - 1997 (introducing Lindsey doing NGBA on Mark & Brian)

"[about "Silver Springs"] I'm so angry with you. You will listen to me on the radio for the rest of your life, and it will bug you. I hope it bugs you." -[Stevie] Arizona Republic, August 12, 1997

"I don't think there's ever been a competitive element between any members except for Lindsey (Buckingham) and me, and that started way before Fleetwood Mac and goes right on to this day and will go on till we die. That's just the way we are --- Mr. and Mrs. Intense." -[Stevie] The Arizona Republic August 18, 1983

"If Lindsey and I had just been happy, happy, happy there would have been no Go Your Own Way- it would have just been like here we are happy, happy and the audience would have been like, ok well next couple! " - 2009 CNN

“When I'm sixty years old I'll still be writing songs and singing them. But will someone in the audience say, 'Gee, what a sexy older lady-babe she is"? I doubt it. I mean, get a life, you know?" - August 1994, Details Magazine

(about the song “I Still Miss Someone”) "All I knew is that I love it and I love the words “I never got over those blue eyes, I see them everywhere.” I never forgot those words, I probably never forgot them because of Lindsey and his beautiful, beautiful blue eyes.” - May 27, 1989 BBC Saturday Sequence Radio

"And, by the way, I was totally on tranquilizers..." - 2007

"They only had from that part out and Christine and Lindsey were really writing it and finally after about nine months they said can you help us with this because we need this rock and roll song on this record and so I valiantly said alright."
-1990 Stevie on the The Chain, Classic CDs - Rumours - with Roger Moore
Old 08-02-2009, 11:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post

Love this.
Old 08-02-2009, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That was funny!!

(about Buckingham Nicks):

Mark/Brian: "A record that you guys released years ago that has been rediscovered by a lot of Fleetwood Mac fans, which I think is the record that Mick heard and invited you guys to join the band... which was Buckingham Nicks. I recently had a friend burn that for me but I've not seen that in a store, is that available?"

Lindsey: "No, it's not. We haven't been able to sort of get the timing, I guess, would you say?"

Stevie: "No. But we could make you a cassette! [Lindsey laughs] I never went to the burning of cd's, I don't have cd's, I just have cassettes."

Mark/Brian: "So you're the reason they still have cassette players in cars?"

Stevie: "That is so true." [everybody laughs] - 2003 Mark & Brian

The title of this song (Lindsey tuning guitar to play) is “Never Going Back Again” – You Lie!” - 1997 (introducing Lindsey doing NGBA on Mark & Brian)

"[about "Silver Springs"] I'm so angry with you. You will listen to me on the radio for the rest of your life, and it will bug you. I hope it bugs you." -[Stevie] Arizona Republic, August 12, 1997

"I don't think there's ever been a competitive element between any members except for Lindsey (Buckingham) and me, and that started way before Fleetwood Mac and goes right on to this day and will go on till we die. That's just the way we are --- Mr. and Mrs. Intense." -[Stevie] The Arizona Republic August 18, 1983

"If Lindsey and I had just been happy, happy, happy there would have been no Go Your Own Way- it would have just been like here we are happy, happy and the audience would have been like, ok well next couple! " - 2009 CNN

“When I'm sixty years old I'll still be writing songs and singing them. But will someone in the audience say, 'Gee, what a sexy older lady-babe she is"? I doubt it. I mean, get a life, you know?" - August 1994, Details Magazine

(about the song “I Still Miss Someone”) "All I knew is that I love it and I love the words “I never got over those blue eyes, I see them everywhere.” I never forgot those words, I probably never forgot them because of Lindsey and his beautiful, beautiful blue eyes.” - May 27, 1989 BBC Saturday Sequence Radio

"And, by the way, I was totally on tranquilizers..." - 2007

"They only had from that part out and Christine and Lindsey were really writing it and finally after about nine months they said can you help us with this because we need this rock and roll song on this record and so I valiantly said alright."
-1990 Stevie on the The Chain, Classic CDs - Rumours - with Roger Moore
Hahahahahaa I'm sitting here cracking up at this post, especially the ones I bolded. My sister just walked in the room and looked at me like I was insane.

Stevie is so, so funny.

^^ Stevie is totally a sexy older lady-babe an she knows it!
Old 08-02-2009, 02:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

..this is classic!! Love me some Stevie!!"
Old 08-06-2009, 06:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

"I was freaked out that somebody would come and kidnap me because I was a witch! So this was crazy because I am not a-- I am not-- I'd like to think that I'm GLENDA or something..."
Old 08-06-2009, 01:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't have the quote right now, but I liked it during the SYW tour when Stevie said that if she really was a witch, the first thing that she would change was the fact that she and Lindsey fight so much.

Michele
Old 08-06-2009, 08:08 PM
Senior Ledgie

[QUOTE=CADreaming;834118The title of this song (Lindsey tuning guitar to play) is “Never Going Back Again” – You Lie!” - 1997 (introducing Lindsey doing NGBA on Mark & Brian)[/QUOTE]

LMAO! Never heard that one....Did Lindsey reply?
Old 08-06-2009, 09:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jld92 View Post
LMAO! Never heard that one....Did Lindsey reply?
Nah...they all laughed and you could hear him laugh. He might have done that throat clearing thing. hehe
Old 08-06-2009, 09:11 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Nah...they all laughed and you could hear him laugh. He might have done that throat clearing thing. hehe
nervous laugh...cycles....throat clear...bittersweet...