User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-22-2011, 09:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
The trainer in my Tuesday class switched the routine to a previous version/edition last night. I'm very sore today. I'm thinking I'll barely be able to walk tomorrow.
What were the exercises that killed you? I was going to try Zumba last night but it was way too nice out here so I went for a 4 mile walk instead. I also tried a Reformer Pilates DVD. I like the resistance tool, the exercises are good, but the trainer is annoying. As I get used to the routine perhaps I will put on music and put her on mute.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze View Post
What were the exercises that killed you? I was going to try Zumba last night but it was way too nice out here so I went for a 4 mile walk instead. I also tried a Reformer Pilates DVD. I like the resistance tool, the exercises are good, but the trainer is annoying. As I get used to the routine perhaps I will put on music and put her on mute.
It's Group Power through World Gym - weights & barbells. One song/track is a general warm-up, next song is squats with the barbell on your shoulders, next song is biceps, next song is chest, etc. It's an hour - 10 or 12 tracks? I put on more weight than usual, and this version had more leg tracks than the other one did. The squats & lunges were what did me in. I mean, I don't mind doing them & I can totally keep up (yay! strength!) But I'm definitely feeling it today. And the trainer sucks - she's always putting on the wrong CD, or counting off-beat, or telling us the wrong name for a move. Good thing I've figured out wtf to do on my own or I'd be lost.

I have no interest in Zumba. I've watched a few classes while waiting for my class & it does nothing for me. I get why it's fun but I honestly have no desire. My cardio is eliptical at home 4-5 days a week. I take a spinning class once a week & I LOVE IT! The instructor rocks.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's Group Power through World Gym - weights & barbells. One song/track is a general warm-up, next song is squats with the barbell on your shoulders, next song is biceps, next song is chest, etc. It's an hour - 10 or 12 tracks? I put on more weight than usual, and this version had more leg tracks than the other one did. The squats & lunges were what did me in. I mean, I don't mind doing them & I can totally keep up (yay! strength!) But I'm definitely feeling it today. And the trainer sucks - she's always putting on the wrong CD, or counting off-beat, or telling us the wrong name for a move. Good thing I've figured out wtf to do on my own or I'd be lost.

I have no interest in Zumba. I've watched a few classes while waiting for my class & it does nothing for me. I get why it's fun but I honestly have no desire. My cardio is eliptical at home 4-5 days a week. I take a spinning class once a week & I LOVE IT! The instructor rocks.
Zumba looks like fun to me. I want to do it for that reason and maybe to meet some good healthy people. I also like the fact that it is an all over body workout. Those are the most efficient. My gym brought back spinning and I may try that as well although it costs extra. Spinning doesn't seem like fun to me at all but I would like to at least try it before I decide that.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze View Post
Zumba looks like fun to me. I want to do it for that reason and maybe to meet some good healthy people. I also like the fact that it is an all over body workout. Those are the most efficient. My gym brought back spinning and I may try that as well although it costs extra. Spinning doesn't seem like fun to me at all but I would like to at least try it before I decide that.
I thought it would be boring too, but it's not. My trainer has a really good mix of music though - the girl who subs for her is not as good.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

when i was watching vh1 classics, rooms on fire and the chain 1982 were on in a row!!! yay!

SuperFleetwood
www.youtube.com/SuperFleetwoodMac (Watch Rare HQ Fleetwood Mac Videos) And youtube.com/thesuperfleetwood
Old 06-26-2011, 03:23 PM
Registered

Camille Crammer is a fake poptart!

She says she has a 'Jesus Complex' on Real Housewives of Beverly Hills! *LMAO*
Old 06-26-2011, 03:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartboy View Post
Camille Crammer is a fake poptart!

She says she has a 'Jesus Complex' on Real Housewives of Beverly Hills! *LMAO*
i'm a kyle fan, couldn't stand camille at all~
Old 06-26-2011, 11:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've only ever watched or gotten into the Beverly Hills Housewives and don't care for the others but I look at all of them and to me it's the same women on every show with distorted faces and puffed up lips flaunting their superficial lifestyles and friendships with one another. But I will agree with what Kyle says about that lifestyle and it's fakeness. She seems the most down to earth, her and her sister Kim. Like they're still in touch with reality and how real people live. I guess my problem with these housewives shows is most of the people seem so damn phony with each other instead of just being real.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

Going to Philadelphia on Wednesday, for a week.
Gonna do the whole touristy thing - Independence Hall and all that.

Just Thought I'd Share.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GODDESS6 View Post
i'm a kyle fan, couldn't stand camille at all~
My good friend has known Kyle since she was in elementary school -- she grew up being very close to her daughter.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Tracker View Post
Going to Philadelphia on Wednesday, for a week.
Gonna do the whole touristy thing - Independence Hall and all that.

Just Thought I'd Share.
I love Philly. It's a beautiful city.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I love Philly. It's a beautiful city.
I agree. Everytime I go, I fall in love all over again. It captivates me.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fringed n fab View Post
I've only ever watched or gotten into the Beverly Hills Housewives and don't care for the others but I look at all of them and to me it's the same women on every show with distorted faces and puffed up lips flaunting their superficial lifestyles and friendships with one another. But I will agree with what Kyle says about that lifestyle and it's fakeness. She seems the most down to earth, her and her sister Kim. Like they're still in touch with reality and how real people live. I guess my problem with these housewives shows is most of the people seem so damn phony with each other instead of just being real.
Gah, I am such a closet RHW freak. I have devoured each season/city with the sole exception of DC, which happens to be the only cast that has been canceled. In general, I find these women to be vapid and insufferably petty. But it's so much fun to watch for some reason. And I love the fact that they feature strong, independent working women (e.g., Vicky (OC), Lisa (BH), Phaedra (ATL)), as well as the typical gold-digging airheads (Alexis (OC), Kim (ATL), Sonja (NYC)). And I may be in the minority, but I miss Danielle Staub.

It's obvious that most of these women are not really friends in real life. But that's what makes them interesting- the friction, the tension, the resentment, etc. I would be bored to tears if everyone got along.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fringed n fab View Post
Welcome to the genre? The same could be said of every "candid" reality show since season 1 of the real World. It's all so wonderfully, revoltingly contrived. We can hate ourselves for loving this dreck, or we can choose to embrace it. I 've come to terms with my addiction to the lives of these fantastically vapid narcissists.

But seriously, you think KIM is down to earth!
Team Lisa FTW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
Gah, I am such a closet RHW freak. I have devoured each season/city with the sole exception of DC, which happens to be the only cast that has been canceled. In general, I find these women to be vapid and insufferably petty. But it's so much fun to watch for some reason. And I love the fact that they feature strong, independent working women (e.g., Vicky (OC), Lisa (BH), Phaedra (ATL)), as well as the typical gold-digging airheads (Alexis (OC), Kim (ATL), Sonja (NYC)). And I may be in the minority, but I miss Danielle Staub.

It's obvious that most of these women are not really friends in real life. But that's what makes them interesting- the friction, the tension, the resentment, etc. I would be bored to tears if everyone got along.

And again I say, we need to hang out! If for no other reason than to talk you out of describing Phaedra Parks as a "strong, independent woman" ever again!
Old 06-27-2011, 11:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezzoforte View Post
Welcome to the genre? The same could be said of every "candid" reality show since season 1 of the real World. It's all so wonderfully, revoltingly contrived. We can hate ourselves for loving this dreck, or we can choose to embrace it. I 've come to terms with my addiction to the lives of these fantastically vapid narcissists.

But seriously, you think KIM is down to earth!
Team Lisa FTW.

And again I say, we need to hang out! If for no other reason than to talk you out of describing Phaedra Parks as a "strong, independent woman" ever again!
Oh, don't get me wrong, the woman is batshirt crazy with all of her "everybody knows..." nonsense. But you can't deny the fact that she wears the Spanx, er, pants in the family and that she does not take crap from anyone or anything, including The Truth. In her world, pregnancies last seven months, period. Nine months? Ha! "Well, that's your opinion..."

Are you "summering" over the long upcoming holiday weekend? I am heading out at the stroke of 12:30 on Friday! Let's partake in the fireworks in Sag! That is, if the mega-yachts aren't blocking the view from Long Wharf.