User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-02-2005, 02:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
well, they have suffered through about half those things...
anyway - I see your point but I still can't excuse it at this time. Just like I can't excuse the people who are perpetrating violence and rape and the theft of non essential items.
We disagree, I guess, but I don't want to argue about it any more.
No one is trying to excuse any of it, people are only being empathetic and stating that while it's terrible behavior, it's understandable given what they've been through. I don't excuse it, but I'm also not going to condemn these people who aren't in the best frame of mind. I don't think anyone should pass judgement on them, considering that none of us are in that horrific situation.

Old 09-02-2005, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Ah, yes. of course. I know they're in shock - again - I hope they're controlled and given what they need quickly, because I still can't find that behavior excusable.
Mentally, they are not themselves at this point. They have seen things no human being should ever see. Think about the children. This is going to take some time. Shock, as a medical term, is not something you just snap out of.

Last edited by gldstwmn; 09-02-2005 at 02:33 PM..
Old 09-02-2005, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
Mentally, they are not themselves at this point. They have seen things no human being should ever see. Think about the childred. This is going to take some time. Shock, as a medical term, is not something you just snap out of.
Shock is also not something that necessarily makes people violent. I"m sure some of the people who are in shock aren't trying to perpetrate violence on those bringing aid. Pity for those people.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 09-02-2005, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Last night on...

the "O'Really Factor", Mr.O said the following (Not his exact words, But I think ya get the picture):

"The people 'who have' took heed and left New Orleans at first warning...The 'have not's' didnt take warning because they did not know where to go or what to do, Most didnt not have a way to leave or the finances to do so....It is now the survival of the fittest."

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."

Last edited by estranged4life; 09-02-2005 at 02:35 PM..
Old 09-02-2005, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life
the "O'Really Factor", Mr.O said the following (Not his exact words, But I think ya get the picture):

"The people 'who have' took heed and left New Orleans at first warning...The 'have not's' didnt take warning because they did not know where to go or what to do, Most didnt not have a way to leave or the finances to do so....It is now the survival of the fitest."
He left right wing world for a little while last nite. He also called for the oil companies to drop their profits by about 20% since they are enjoying record profits, up 101% since last year!
Old 09-02-2005, 02:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
No one is trying to excuse any of it, people are only being empathetic and stating that while it's terrible behavior, it's understandable given what they've been through. I don't excuse it, but I'm also not going to condemn these people who aren't in the best frame of mind. I don't think anyone should pass judgement on them, considering that none of us are in that horrific situation.
Okay, sure, don't judge them if you don't want to.
But I hope the people in charge of the situation, or who are trying to give aid and bring some kind of order, do judge those people, and get them the hell out of the way of the people who are not being disruptive, and try to get them what they need to calm the f*** down and find some peace.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 09-02-2005, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Yeah...I heard that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze
He left right wing world for a little while last nite. He also called for the oil companies to drop their profits by about 20% since they are enjoying record profits, up 101% since last year!
and agreed with him about the 20%....But does "anyone with an IQ over 15" gonna believe the oil companies will do that? I don't!!!

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 09-02-2005, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I didn't know that. That's disgraceful. (the huge profit margin/improvement).
Man, if O' Reilly says something like that....

Old 09-02-2005, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But I hope the people in charge of the situation, or who are trying to give aid and bring some kind of order, do judge those people, and get them the hell out of the way of the people who are not being disruptive, and try to get them what they need to calm the f*** down and find some peace.
We also never said not to take any action to quiet them or whatnot. Just don't be so harsh in your judgement of them! Of course if they are going to cause harm to themselves or others then they need to be subdued.
Old 09-02-2005, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I didn't know that. That's disgraceful. (the huge profit margin/improvement).
Man, if O' Reilly says something like that....
No kidding, can you believe he said that? And, the oil companies have billions in surplus they do not know what to do with. The response to O'Reilley by an oil co. big wig was that they can't do that because the "free market" will straighten it out or some nonsense.
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Not to worry, I won't.

Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Even worse....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer
Big Oil Spill Spotted Near Tanks on Miss.

NEW ORLEANS - A huge oil spill was spotted near two storage tanks on the Mississippi River downstream from New Orleans, state officials said Friday.
Faux News just showed smoke in the horizon of New Orleans as an oil refinery/tank battery that is burning.

Old 09-02-2005, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Shock is also not something that necessarily makes people violent.
I beg to differ. The reactions run the entire range of human emotions.
Old 09-02-2005, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation O'Reilly...

Quote:
The response to O'Reilley by an oil co. big wig was that they can't do that because the "free market" will straighten it out or some nonsense.
responded back that he doesnt believe it the "free market" excuse...He said "the US oil companies have an obligation to put what's best for the country ahead of their profits".

Think they'll listen? No...Ya can just imagine how happy these oil barons are at this moment with their "free market".

Old 09-02-2005, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
We also never said not to take any action to quiet them or whatnot. Just don't be so harsh in your judgement of them! Of course if they are going to cause harm to themselves or others then they need to be subdued.
Actually, Suze, I can think/judge whatever I want. They are already causing harm to others.
So, you do want action taken. That's good. I guess we agree.
Which means that right now this is essentially a discussion of what I think, in my own mind - and how you think what I think is too harsh of a judgement?? You....did just tell me that I shouldn't think a certain way, right? When you...told me..."not to be so harsh in my judgement"?
okay, I'm done with this avenue of the convo, then. I think we all understand each other well enough on this subject.

Last edited by amber; 09-02-2005 at 02:54 PM..