Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-04-2011, 07:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild-heart View Post
I know it's ridiculas how many ideas i have at stupid times. I have a notebook by my bed because i'll often wake at 3am with a whole idea for a shoot and i will not know where it comes from. It's awesome. Last night i had the desire to do work so i got some old copies of Vogue out and started. AHAHA I like that John Lennon idea.
Isn't it always the case that ideas come at the most inconvenient/strange times? I've had them at a funeral before (don't judge me ). It would be fantastic if they'd just invent a printer that could hook up to your mind and print off canvases and such of exactly the image that is in your head at that moment.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
Isn't it always the case that ideas come at the most inconvenient/strange times? I've had them at a funeral before (don't judge me ). It would be fantastic if they'd just invent a printer that could hook up to your mind and print off canvases and such of exactly the image that is in your head at that moment.
LOL at a funeral, bad but I laughed. I sometimes have them when people are talking to me and i'm just off in my own head, or when i'm on my own on the bus. I tend to put them in my phone then. Yes! Oh how i wish that happened. It sucks when things don't work out how you would like. I did a whole Alice in wonderland/Tim Burton theme and i had to make big mushrooms and catterpillars and butterflies out of paper mache. It took months and i started regretting it when i was having to stay up painting till 2 am aha. I was like WHY do i do this to myself?
Old 09-04-2011, 07:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
LOL at a funeral, bad but I laughed. I sometimes have them when people are talking to me and i'm just off in my own head, or when i'm on my own on the bus. I tend to put them in my phone then. Yes! Oh how i wish that happened. It sucks when things don't work out how you would like. I did a whole Alice in wonderland/Tim Burton theme and i had to make big mushrooms and catterpillars and butterflies out of paper mache. It took months and i started regretting it when i was having to stay up painting till 2 am aha. I was like WHY do i do this to myself?
We do this to ourselves because we care about what we do. I haven't gotten to bed before 3am for three years, and I'm starting to not even mind it. Just feels normal to me to be sleep deprived lol. Just a little concerning that Margaret Thatcher existed on 4 hours of sleep a night and I'm close to that. At least I don't have the power to sh1t on the Miners, but the lack of sleep did drive her rather....maniacal. Lol.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
We do this to ourselves because we care about what we do. I haven't gotten to bed before 3am for three years, and I'm starting to not even mind it. Just feels normal to me to be sleep deprived lol. Just a little concerning that Margaret Thatcher existed on 4 hours of sleep a night and I'm close to that. At least I don't have the power to sh1t on the Miners, but the lack of sleep did drive her rather....maniacal. Lol.
Bloody hell and i thought i was sleep deprived. D: How do you do it? aha. I get about 6 hours a night, everyone knows it and always asks how i have so much energy. I don't even know myself. I actually find doing my sketchbook work so theraputic. I really enjoy putting my projects together and seeing how much i have developed.
Old 09-04-2011, 08:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Bloody hell and i thought i was sleep deprived. D: How do you do it? aha. I get about 6 hours a night, everyone knows it and always asks how i have so much energy. I don't even know myself. I actually find doing my sketchbook work so theraputic. I really enjoy putting my projects together and seeing how much i have developed.
To be honest with you, even I don't know how I do it. I must be running on fumes lol. There are some days that are spent in a zombie like haze, but as long as I can be at least a little productive during that time it's worth it. Sketchbook work is very therepeautic.... for the most part. Not when you're as anal and OCDish as myself.I like things to be uniform and consistent, and when it's not it drives me up the wall. Thus my sketchbooks scare me haha. I'm so bad I have to literally hide them in a drawer otherwise I'd be constantly ripping them apart and reordering lol.
Old 09-04-2011, 08:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
To be honest with you, even I don't know how I do it. I must be running on fumes lol. There are some days that are spent in a zombie like haze, but as long as I can be at least a little productive during that time it's worth it. Sketchbook work is very therepeautic.... for the most part. Not when you're as anal and OCDish as myself.I like things to be uniform and consistent, and when it's not it drives me up the wall. Thus my sketchbooks scare me haha. I'm so bad I have to literally hide them in a drawer otherwise I'd be constantly ripping them apart and reordering lol.
Aahaha i like my sketchbooks to be as creative as possible. I cover them in pictures that relate to the topic and inside they are crazy. My tutor always says how he looks forward to my sketchbooks. I love doing them. I can spend all night on it. Sometimes i have to tell myself to go to bed.
Old 09-04-2011, 08:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Aahaha i like my sketchbooks to be as creative as possible. I cover them in pictures that relate to the topic and inside they are crazy. My tutor always says how he looks forward to my sketchbooks. I love doing them. I can spend all night on it. Sometimes i have to tell myself to go to bed.
You're lucky you have such an enthusiastic teacher They're a rarity, I promise you. Haha! We should make a conscious decision to sleep, despite how much our creative and work schedules are kicking out arses lol.
Old 09-04-2011, 08:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You're lucky you have such an enthusiastic teacher They're a rarity, I promise you. Haha! We should make a conscious decision to sleep, despite how much our creative and work schedules are kicking out arses lol.
My tutors are pretty amazing, i am incredibly lucky. They don't exactly "get" me but they are pretty enthusiastic about what we do and really really supportive oh and they have great sense of humours. Yes we do! I have made a consious decision not to get as stressed and to actually sleep. Even when i know all my work is done i still stress about it. I'm such a worrier but i guess it just shows i actually care about it (: How are your tutors?
Old 09-04-2011, 08:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
My tutors are pretty amazing, i am incredibly lucky. They don't exactly "get" me but they are pretty enthusiastic about what we do and really really supportive oh and they have great sense of humours. Yes we do! I have made a consious decision not to get as stressed and to actually sleep. Even when i know all my work is done i still stress about it. I'm such a worrier but i guess it just shows i actually care about it (: How are your tutors?
I would love to have a lot of positive things to say about my Uni Tutors. But for the most part they're absent. My first year Tutor (baring in mind that our course is broken into disciplines, so I'm only referring to the Painting area which is my major), Howard, was very good despite how flaky he was. He'd wander off in the middle of a sentence, but he was enthusiastic. He was almost childlike in his enthusiasm and willingness to help. He retired at the end of the first year. Second year was a trainee Tutor who didn't exactly know what she was doing. But she tried to help as much as she could. She's been forced out by lack of funding. So who knows who we'll get as a tutor this coming year, as they can't afford to hire a Painting tutor. Last year was almost self taught, with the occasional visit from the new tutor and my Drawing Studies tutor (whom otherwise we saw once a week for a few hours for Drawing Studies). My course is actually in a very dire situation, teaching wise. I'm just glad it's my final year.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Just remember to be yourself and present yourself in a positive light. Interviews aren't as terrifying as they seem to be before hand. Just try and strike up a rapport with the interviewer and I'm sure it'll pass before you even realise you've been interviewed
Thanks =) I always get anxious before things lol

~Love, Caitlin~
Old 09-04-2011, 09:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't even go back to college yet and i've started my fashion unit book. I have an awesome idea for a Stevie Nicks inspired shoot, theres a girl who will be in the year below with long blonde hair who doesn't know she is being my model. LOL.
OOOO that sounds awesome!!

~Love, Caitlin~
Old 09-04-2011, 10:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I would love to have a lot of positive things to say about my Uni Tutors. But for the most part they're absent. My first year Tutor (baring in mind that our course is broken into disciplines, so I'm only referring to the Painting area which is my major), Howard, was very good despite how flaky he was. He'd wander off in the middle of a sentence, but he was enthusiastic. He was almost childlike in his enthusiasm and willingness to help. He retired at the end of the first year. Second year was a trainee Tutor who didn't exactly know what she was doing. But she tried to help as much as she could. She's been forced out by lack of funding. So who knows who we'll get as a tutor this coming year, as they can't afford to hire a Painting tutor. Last year was almost self taught, with the occasional visit from the new tutor and my Drawing Studies tutor (whom otherwise we saw once a week for a few hours for Drawing Studies). My course is actually in a very dire situation, teaching wise. I'm just glad it's my final year.
Thats actually terrible. It takes the piss when you're paying and often getting in a lot of debt for a course and you're not even equip with teachers that do the job. I hope you actually get a decent teacher for your final year. I know i'm lucky with the teaching situation but as good as they are they are often really dippy my one tutor bless him is lovely and good but he don't half go off on a tangen which is frustrating when you just want to go and get on with it. I guess i'm lucky that my tutors actually turn up. When I did media studies for the two years it was the best experience of my life. The tutors were incredible at their job and the people were amazing. I often wish i would of stayed and did the HND in that.

Enchanted_Stevi
Thanks (: hopefully the shoot works out. I don't know when the unit will take place but i am going to get started on it when i get back. I like to be well prepared (: I'll keep ya posted.

Last edited by wild-heart; 09-04-2011 at 10:57 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 09-05-2011, 09:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Officially enrolled onto my Uni course. Gawd.

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 09-05-2011, 09:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterCookie View Post
Officially enrolled onto my Uni course. Gawd.
Good luck, honey! I'm sure you'll do splendidly.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thankyou! I hope I do. Actually going to the enrolment was a big thing for me. I wanted to stay at home and just go full time at my job rather than joining a class where I don't know anybody but I think my mum would have killed me.

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr