User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-27-2011, 02:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Condo next door again

Looking up

Last edited by fringed n fab; 02-27-2011 at 02:37 AM..
Old 02-27-2011, 02:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I couldn't imagine living this kind of life though really... pretty cool though and definitely everything you've heard about South Beach/Miami hah.
Old 02-27-2011, 02:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I'll still never forget the first time I drove into Miami. I just could not believe how HUGE it was. The skyscrapers quite literally go for as long as the eye can see. Then the reality of the place kicks in, and you nailed it: it's everything it's made out to be and more. It's a 3rd world country... right here in the USA. It's extreme wealth like I've never seen. And there's no buffer in between the two. I think Miami is the only city I've ever been in where I actually feel scared to be there... and am uneasy until I leave (I drive through Miami every year en route to Key West). Anyway, stay safe Shane and take lots of pics of the Keys for me! I miss them so.
It is a bit intimidating and so many wealthy and "different" people everywhere, and why I just snapped pics in the car when I got here My brother's like just hop out and I'll swing back around the block and pick you up. I was like Uh, no you won't lol I'll just take pics from the car, so I apologize for some that turned out blurry as we moved. People are crazy here and cars going everywhere and people walking between cars, I guess any metropolis is like that though. My sister inlaw is here mainly because she hopes she'll run into the Kardashians lol. If I had my pick of favorite celebs to hope to run into, it wouldn't be that family. I'll snap more (hopefully better) pics as we head to the Keys and walk around tomorrow before we leave South Beach. I have to admit some of these Latino and Cuban men walking around are fine Oh my goodness.

Last edited by fringed n fab; 02-27-2011 at 02:58 AM..
Old 02-27-2011, 03:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Nice pics, Shane. I think I'm going to take my talents to South Beach.
Old 02-27-2011, 03:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreepingDeath View Post
Nice pics, Shane. I think I'm going to take my talents to South Beach.
It's definitely "something else". And an entirely different flair and flavor down here.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fringed n fab View Post
I have to admit some of these Latino and Cuban men walking around are fine Oh my goodness.
Vivica's dream.
Old 02-27-2011, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's definitely "something else". And an entirely different flair and flavor down here.
Yes, I've been to Miami a few times and it's quite an experience. In my previous post, I was just making fun of LeBron James with taking my "talents" to South Beach.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Had fun staying over in South Beach and waking up looking out at the beautiful water and beach the next morning. I made it a point to stay and walk around awhile before heading on down to the Keys for the day. The Keys were beautiful and Key West a blast, but I have to admit I liked Miami and all there is to do there and I've been to quite a few beaches here where I live but South Beach takes the cake! That beach and water were absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I'm going to start making day trips there just for that beach and all there is to do in Miami. By the time I made it into Key West, it was a little after 6 pm and the sun just setting (gorgeous by the way) but I didn't get a chance to visit the beaches and see the water there for myself to compare, so maybe next time around I can make a day or two of that but right now I am awestruck over South Beach and definitely visiting again since I now know it's only 2 hours from my house. : )

South Beach. Absolutely beautiful!!

Last edited by fringed n fab; 03-01-2011 at 12:33 AM..
Old 03-01-2011, 12:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hotel view the next morning

Old 03-01-2011, 12:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
By the time I made it into Key West, it was a little after 6 pm and the sun just setting (gorgeous by the way) but I didn't get a chance to visit the beaches and see the water there for myself to compare, so maybe next time around I can make a day or two of that
Key West doesn't have beaches for the most part. The city is old, and they reclaimed land out over the water with sea walls around most of the island. The parts of the coast which aren't developed with sea walls are mangrove swamps. The one manmade beach on the island, Smathers Beach, is kinda gross.

If you want an incredible beach when you're in the Keys, DO NOT MISS Bahia Honda State Park . You drive right past it on Hwy 1 on the way down to Key West. Stop in there next time you head down to Key West.

Old 03-01-2011, 01:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Key West doesn't have beaches for the most part. The city is old, and they reclaimed land out over the water with sea walls around most of the island. The parts of the coast which aren't developed with sea walls are mangrove swamps. The one manmade beach on the island, Smathers Beach, is kinda gross.

If you want an incredible beach when you're in the Keys, DO NOT MISS Bahia Honda State Park . You drive right past it on Hwy 1 on the way down to Key West. Stop in there next time you head down to Key West.

By the time we woke up, got ready, checked out by noon and grabbed lunch downtown, and walked South Beach for a bit taking it all in, it was after 2 30 pm and we wanted to spend the rest of the day down in the Keys and driving to Key West to visit. I had never been there or Miami for that matter, so it was all something big and new to me. But we did get a feel of Duval Street (lol) and had the best time and grabbed some dinner at Cheeseburger Key West. And it was the best cheeseburger I've had in a long time. The sun was setting right as we got there about 6 30 so we at least saw that from the highway going in, so pretty. By the time we parked and everything it was almost dark so we just walked down Duval Street taking pictures and stopping to shop. I did stand on Mallory Square and walk over to the seawall/waters edge there and stare down at big fish you could clearly see through the clear water.... I just didn't get a chance to see it all in broad daylight like we'd hoped. Maybe next time though. I've heard it's beautiful water there at Key West, but that none of the Keys really have nice "beaches" like the mainland does. It was a fun experience though trying to pack it all in on a whim and definitely worth the trip. I had so much fun, and I live in Florida lol. We left Key West about 11 pm Sunday night and while traffic was busy driving down at first, we were the only car on the highway most of the way back and my brother stopped the car every so often right on the highway and we stared up at the night sky at a million stars, it was both eery yet so cool to have nothing but darkness on either side of you for miles (liquid space really) and knowing you were out in the middle of water and nowhere land. It was so much fun though and I'm definitely doing it again. I now know I can be in Miami in 2 hours or in Key West in 5 from my house if I drive down.

Last edited by fringed n fab; 03-01-2011 at 01:53 AM..
Old 03-01-2011, 01:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh, we passed right by Bahia Honda and wanted to stop, but decided better hurry and get on to Key West before dark to see as much as we could cram in, so next time I will stop at Bahia when I have more time. We all had to be back by Monday so we tried to do as much as we could over the weekend.
Old 03-01-2011, 02:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

South Beach

Old 03-01-2011, 02:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I have been to the beach in Miami and I have enjoyed all your photos, but from all that you have posted I like the beaches in Sarasota, where you live, much, much better.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I have been to the beach in Miami and I have enjoyed all your photos, but from all that you have posted I like the beaches in Sarasota, where you live, much, much better.
Oh I love the area and beaches I chose to live, I don't think I could live in Miami, but just visit lol. It's a busy bustling metropolis, too much for me but definitely was a fun place to visit. I was scared at first because you hear of so many bad things about Miami, but I found the people friendly and most spoke English (lol) contrary to popular belief. I didn't have any problems at all while there. I'm definitely going back again and while I love my SW FL beaches, South Beach was definitely beautiful and something else. It tops my list as one of the Best Florida beaches I've been to along with Sarasota's and my side of Florida. And my brother and sil agree.