Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-27-2010, 09:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

OH GOD, Chris! Not the granny panties!!

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 12-27-2010, 01:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I disliked the book. I was, at one point, absolutely ready to throw the book out the window, hoping it would be run over by a car and torn to shreds by the street sweeping machine...and then burned.

That was basically over the story of Carol Ann running through the streets barefoot, feet bleeding, trying to get Lindsey medical help instead of...oh, using a phone? She came off, to me, as foolish and self-aggrandizing.

I did, however, believe some of the stories had basic grains of truth to them and came to the conclusion that I wouldn't have liked any of them, at that point, as people. Not that they would give a rat's ass then or now. But, I also came away from the experience feeling the same way as I have, a few times, over particularly nasty Ledgie fights. You build someone up, in your mind, as great artists, people who mean something to you, etc. And it's very difficult when someone tries to tear them apart. Even if they feel they are doing so as some great big public service. Yes, people are human and have all kinds of nasty little things in their closets but...I'm just too idealistic for the "whole truth." Whether the truth is 100% real or 50% manufactured in a fried brain.

And the thing is...if she wanted to either take Lindsey down or gain great fame by this book, I think she failed for one simple reason: the way it was written. If she had presented it in a more balanced way and been slightly less melodramatic and more matter of fact, I think she probably would have succeeded on both counts.
Old 12-27-2010, 03:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post
And the thing is...if she wanted to either take Lindsey down or gain great fame by this book, I think she failed for one simple reason: the way it was written. If she had presented it in a more balanced way and been slightly less melodramatic and more matter of fact, I think she probably would have succeeded on both counts.
I've often tried to figure out exactly what Carol Ann's motives were for writing and publishing the book. I'd have to think if she wanted money/fame/revenge, she would have released it around the time of The Dance. Instead, she waited a full decade after the Dance was released. Not only did she not coincide with the Dance, she missed the Say You Will boat too (though that ended up being FM's poorest-selling album [sans Time] since 1974). In my opinion, Carol Ann greatly missed her boat. But was that on purpose, though? I'm not sure. I get the feeling she didn't want to take Lindsey down or gain fame, per se. Elsewise she would have released the book when the band was big in the headlines (perhaps after the big Tango breakup, or following The Dance). Maybe she's truly deluded enough to think she's telling the truth as she believes it to be, and chose to release the book during a low-key Mac period simply to cleanse her conscious and close that chapter of her life?
Old 08-13-2011, 09:23 PM
Ledgie

Smile Storms

I'd like to know if anyone has read the book Storms about Lindsey and his ex-girlfriend Carel Harris. I just read it & thought it was so interesting.
Old 08-13-2011, 09:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi..welcome. Yes, you'll find that topic has definitely come up here ... many times.

Here's one: http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showth...+Harris+Storms
Old 08-14-2011, 04:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kara View Post
I'd like to know if anyone has read the book Storms about Lindsey and his ex-girlfriend Carel Harris. I just read it & thought it was so interesting.
Welcome to The Ledge!

I love Storms - it's both fascinating and very very funny!
Old 08-14-2011, 12:12 PM
Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTrouble View Post
Welcome to The Ledge!

I love Storms - it's both fascinating and very very funny!
I have to say that Storms is 1 of the best books I've ever read.The only reason I found it was because I was searching on Amazon's Kindle.
Old 08-14-2011, 04:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I started reading this book last summer and have yet to finish it. I only read it when I'm waiting for the car to be fixed(which is rare) or relaxing in the park(which is rare) or relaxing at the beach(which is rare) or relaxing at all(which is rare).LOL
When I finish it I have been instructed to send it off to tilthefirefades and I promise I will. I just need to finish it first. I have less than 100 pages to go. I just read the part where Lindsey asked Mick Jagger if he wanted to s@#k Tom Petty's d&%k.
Old 08-14-2011, 07:07 PM
Ledgie

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I started reading this book last summer and have yet to finish it. I only read it when I'm waiting for the car to be fixed(which is rare) or relaxing in the park(which is rare) or relaxing at the beach(which is rare) or relaxing at all(which is rare).LOL
When I finish it I have been instructed to send it off to tilthefirefades and I promise I will. I just need to finish it first. I have less than 100 pages to go. I just read the part where Lindsey asked Mick Jagger if he wanted to s@#k Tom Petty's d&%k.
It took me a month to read Storms. I usually don't take that long to read a book, but that's what happens when I read 2 books at once.
Old 03-13-2015, 04:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori40 View Post
About 2 hours ago, Carol Ann Harris' book showed up on my doorstep. I think that it's probably a belated birthday present from my sister. For anyone who is interested, here's what I've learned so far, mind you, I have just skimmed through the book.

According to Carol Ann:
Lindsey was not too upset over his break up with Stevie
Carol Ann miscarried Lindsey's child
Lindsey twice asked Carol to marry him
Lindsey's music was always first in his life

I haven't read anything earth shattering, and I don't think that she portrays Lindsey as an abusive monster. There aren't a lot of pictures. They are all black and whites, and aren't the best quality, so I wouldn't buy this book for the pictures, if anyone was thinking about that. If anyone is interested, I can post a more complete review after I've read the book.
I recently sent her a message on her Facebook page, thanking her for writing the book, along with a friend/request. She accepted it! Does this mean I'm friends with Carol Ann? Looking forward to chatting with her!
Old 03-13-2015, 07:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
I recently sent her a message on her Facebook page, thanking her for writing the book, along with a friend/request. She accepted it! Does this mean I'm friends with Carol Ann? Looking forward to chatting with her!
Don't feel too special. I'm pretty sure I remember reading some Fleetwood Mac fans say she friended THEM without any prompting. Small fish in a big pond.

I got drowned then tossed on the pavement outside said pond, lol.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 03-13-2015, 11:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
Don't feel too special. I'm pretty sure I remember reading some Fleetwood Mac fans say she friended THEM without any prompting. Small fish in a big pond.

I got drowned then tossed on the pavement outside said pond, lol.

She has. Many of my friends on FB are friends with her because she added them as a friend. It seems allot of her friends are fans of FM/SN/LB etc and allot of her posts or comments are related to either her book or to FM. (At least that is what I can see). She sent me a friend request and I denied it simply because I think it is weird to be friends with an ex girlfriend of Lindsey's. Some people have even friended Kristen Buckingham too.
Old 03-13-2015, 11:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
Be careful what you say. I've seen her and her gal pals turn on people because they didn't like the way a post was worded. And they were ruthless.......