User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-18-2005, 01:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=Johnny Stew]

Quote:
They refuse to throw us that measly little Civil Union crumb. In fact, they don't want us to have any rights at all, period.
Meanwhile, "some of (their) best friends are gay."
That's right! Now remember to drink from your own fountain!
Old 10-18-2005, 01:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brwn_eyes0511

And what makes you think that Republican law makers don't care about the brutal death of any person, regardless of whether they are gay or straight? The accused will be tried based upon the crime they are accused of committing. Why does there have to be "special" laws for gay and lesbian committed crimes? If we start prosecuting on the basis of these "Anti-hate crime" laws, then we can pretty much frivolously apply them to any criminal situation, right?
Because they spout anti gay rhetoric, and don't vote for laws to protect GLBT people.
There needs to be "special" laws, because, just like with minorities, people are "especially" prejudice, and will descriminate against GLBT people, just because of the nature of their sexuality (you know, just like "just because of the color of their skin" or "just because of their religious beliefs")
It's because some people are bigoted, is why some people need special protection.
It's appalling to me that you could not reach that conclusion by yourself, and says to me that you have little knowlege of history, law, or the real issues behind any civil rights.
And no, you can't apply them to any situation, because people are persecuted for the sole reason that they are GLBT. That's it. Just because of that. So you need laws in place to punish that.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 10-18-2005, 01:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShangriLaTroubl
A life is a life to God right? Or maybe not. THOU SHALL NOT KILL, come on buddy dont forget those great words..lol. seriously though, you are right a murderer does not deserve to live...but we are not God, and it's not up to us to determine who should live or die. Not mention the countless people who have been put to death, and who knows if they were REALLY guilty?

Chris
It's not like courts are handing out death sentences to speeders.

"See what happens when you go 60 in a 35"!
Old 10-18-2005, 01:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
Because they spout anti gay rhetoric, and don't vote for laws to protect GLBT people.
There needs to be "special" laws, because, just like with minorities, people are "especially" prejudice, and will descriminate against GLBT people, just because of the nature of their sexuality (you know, just like "just because of the color of their skin" or "just because of their religious beliefs")
It's because some people are bigoted, is why some people need special protection.
It's appalling to me that you could not reach that conclusion by yourself, and says to me that you have little knowlege of history, law, or the real issues behind any civil rights.
And no, you can't apply them to any situation, because people are persecuted for the sole reason that they are GLBT. That's it. Just because of that. So you need laws in place to punish that.
They will be prosecuted based upon THE CRIME THEY COMMITTED!
Old 10-18-2005, 01:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's not like courts are handing out death sentences to speeders.

"See what happens when you go 60 in a 35"!
So I guess you believe the courts HAVE NEVER convicted an innocent person? You take the extreme of every topic, I dont understand where you got out of my post that I think the courts are handing out death sentences to speeders, or even where I implied that their sentences were too harsh..That has nothing to do with what I'm talking about. I'm talking about wrongful convictions, which we all know can happen--and SOMETIMES, although likely rare--innocent people die...is that ok?

Chris
Old 10-18-2005, 01:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life
But when the Bible Humpers here went to the polls to vote this past November on whether Oklahoma should recognize 'alternative lifestyle" marriages or outlaw 'em (Which was shot own, But y'all know how both Deb & myself voted) the Bible-militia forgot to read the whole law, Because when they thought they were making sure gay marriage would never happen they didnt check to see that the law also applies to "common law marriages"....Among others.

So all those folks who are "shacking up" and thinking they are technically legally married dont realized that they arent, Kinda ironic dontcha think that when they voted "Yes" to stop 'alternative lifestyle" marriages they actually stopped their own relationships moreso instead.
Well you see that's just the thing. Liberals can't get anything passed the democratic way, by votes, so they turn to the courts...which isn't the courts' job.
Old 10-18-2005, 01:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Sure, if you do that then let's just make it where there are no EXTRA laws protecting children against violence. If you punch a child in the face, then HEY! you should get charged with misdemeanor assault right? Nothing more...everyone is the same.
Old 10-18-2005, 01:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well you see that's just the thing. Liberals can't get anything passed the democratic way, by votes, so they turn to the courts...which isn't the courts' job.

I know right? Kind of like when Presidents get elected by the courts...Oh no wait thats different right?

Chris
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Sure, if you do that then let's just make it where there are no EXTRA laws protecting children against violence. If you punch a child in the face, then HEY! you should get charged with misdemeanor assault right? Nothing more...everyone is the same.
Excellent point.

Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
no, they may not.
You obviously have little knowlege of how prejudice, coupled with our legal system, actually works.
I just remembered again why I try not to argue with you. It's because you seem to simultaneously have only very little information and incredibly prejudice views as the basis for your arguments.
See ya.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 10-18-2005, 01:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So I guess you believe the courts HAVE NEVER convicted an innocent person? You take the extreme of every topic, I dont understand where you got out of my post that I think the courts are handing out death sentences to speeders, or even where I implied that their sentences were too harsh..That has nothing to do with what I'm talking about. I'm talking about wrongful convictions, which we all know can happen--and SOMETIMES, although likely rare--innocent people die...is that ok?

Chris
Learn to laugh a little buddy. I NEVER said ANYWHERE in my post that I thought you thought the courts are "handing out death sentences to speeders". It was a little joke, but still there was a point behind it.

Wrongful convictions happen, yes. The judicial system is by no means perfect. However, the courts aren't handing down death sentences every hour. Like the point I was trying to make in my little joke above that you didn't get, obviously.
Old 10-18-2005, 01:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
no, they may not.
You obviously have little knowlege of how prejudice, coupled with our legal system, actually works.
I just remembered again why I try not to argue with you. It's because you seem to simultaneously have only very little information and incredibly prejudice views as the basis for your arguments.
See ya.

Yes and eventually once he feels completely outsmarted and out argued he will end it with a grand "Well there's not point in arguing about this because we're not going to change anyone's mind!" I think he has said that in like every political thread.

Chris
Old 10-18-2005, 01:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
no, they may not.
See ya.
Insult and then leave...just like you amber!
Old 10-18-2005, 01:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking So that's what happened...

Quote:
So when does God give us our soul? When we graduate from high school?
I didnt get my soul because I refused to participate in that stupid ass "commencement proceeding" walking across the stage for an EMPTY diploma holder...Maybe that dumb and EMPTY diploma holder was my soul?

Darn, Wonder if God still has it safely in storage???

Be right back...Gotta send a long distance collect call (Hell yeah let him pay for it...The Catholics collect that money for him right? I am sure he can afford to pay a few $$$ for the call!) to the big "G" guy.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 10-18-2005, 01:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes and eventually once he feels completely outsmarted and out argued he will end it with a grand "Well there's not point in arguing about this because we're not going to change anyone's mind!" I think he has said that in like every political thread.

Chris
Ok, now we are talking about me like I am not even here.

It seems to me that I'm not the one who is feeling "outsmarted" here. Lighten up a little.

And, btw...Why is it "wrong" to just say Well there's not point in arguing about this because we're not going to change anyone's mind!"? Do you not agree with that? I think once a discussion/argument continues in circles, it's pretty clear that no one is getting anywhere. I'm not the only ledgie to have made such a statement in the middle of a discussion.

Last edited by Brwn_eyes0511; 10-18-2005 at 01:27 AM..