Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-09-2011, 10:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
U
If he can overcome this - which I'm sure he will with time - he has a bright future.
Oh sure, he will be just fine. We always have room for another lying, cheating loser in politics. Perfect.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard B View Post
Oh sure, he will be just fine. We always have room for another lying, cheating loser in politics. Perfect.
It's interesting that people call this "cheating." Really? There has been no physical contact and presumably no real conversation. Okay, he's shameless. And he's definitely an exhibitionist and a narcissist. But then again, aren't all people who aspire to be in the public spotlight exhibitionists/narcissists to some degree? Politics and stardom are not games for the meek and humble. If anything, Tweeting out (private) c*ck pics seems to be consistent with the personality profile of people in this line of work.

IMO, sexting is tantamount to window shopping. If I was Mrs. Weiner (tee hee), I would actually encourage Mr. Weiner to sext, which is certainly a less harmful outlet than having a real affair or harboring resentment about the strict confines of the marriage. I do not automatically assume that online flirting and sexting is a slippery slope leading to real-world indiscretions. Clearly, Anthony Weiner will never be satisfied with courting the attention of just one woman, so sexting is just one way to cope with those urges.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard B View Post
Judgemental much?

He did not cheat.

He only lied to protect his privacy - a move that is ok, since he did NOTHING illegal.

He's far from being a loser. And might I remind you that Bill Clinton is considered a honest to goodness political legend - indeed a hero in some circles around the world - despite his actual lies and cheating with Monica Lewinski.

Good people make mistakes. I do, Surely you have as well. We are all worthy of forgiveness and the opportunity to make things right.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 06-09-2011, 11:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

weiner is a terrible flirt. anyways, didn't they graduate from online sexting to landline phone sex?
Old 06-09-2011, 11:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Up until this fiasco, he was regarded as one of the most articulate and powerful speakers in Congress. Fiercely liberal and a true guardian of the middle class. At least, that is my opinion of him from seeing him on CSPAN coverage.

If he can overcome this - which I'm sure he will with time - he has a bright future.
It is amazing how people perceive things differently than each other. I always thought Weiner was the worst kind of so-called liberal. As Pauline Kael used to say: "the left make great haters." And articulate? He routinely got trounced by the blondebots at Fox and was proven a hypocrite by king-of-the-hypocrites Glenn Beck.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
It is amazing how people perceive things differently than each other. I always thought Weiner was the worst kind of so-called liberal. As Pauline Kael used to say: "the left make great haters." And articulate? He routinely got trounced by the blondebots at Fox and was proven a hypocrite by king-of-the-hypocrites Glenn Beck.
I don't watch Fox so I wouldn't have seen any of that, but I can believe that since he talks before he thinks.

I do think he's articulate though, and in my book he's the best kind of liberal - vocal, loud and argumentative, and the Right certianly has plenty of those types.

I never wanted to see his weiner though. A lady I work with "accidentally" clicked a link that said in huge letters "CLICK HERE TO SEE THE UNCENSORED PICTURE" while I was in her cube.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case

Last edited by KarmaContestant; 06-09-2011 at 11:47 AM..
Old 06-09-2011, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
If anything, Tweeting out (private) c*ck pics seems to be consistent with the personality profile of people in this line of work.
I don't recall ever hearing about any congresswomen sending out private pics of their privates.

I still find it hard to believe he thought he wouldn't get caught. You send pictures out, identify yourself to the person you are sending them to, you don't know this person and you expect it will remain private. Not very smart.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:23 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Judgemental much?

He did not cheat.

He only lied to protect his privacy - a move that is ok, since he did NOTHING illegal.

Exactly. The American public is forgiving. Look at Bill Clinton... he lied under oath, got busted, then came out and admitted he lied... and he's still doted on to this day.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
It's interesting that people call this "cheating." Really? There has been no physical contact and presumably no real conversation. Okay, he's shameless. And he's definitely an exhibitionist and a narcissist. But then again, aren't all people who aspire to be in the public spotlight exhibitionists/narcissists to some degree? Politics and stardom are not games for the meek and humble. If anything, Tweeting out (private) c*ck pics seems to be consistent with the personality profile of people in this line of work.

IMO, sexting is tantamount to window shopping. If I was Mrs. Weiner (tee hee), I would actually encourage Mr. Weiner to sext, which is certainly a less harmful outlet than having a real affair or harboring resentment about the strict confines of the marriage. I do not automatically assume that online flirting and sexting is a slippery slope leading to real-world indiscretions. Clearly, Anthony Weiner will never be satisfied with courting the attention of just one woman, so sexting is just one way to cope with those urges.
Men and women have different feelings about cheating. To most women this is cheating. I bet to his wife it sure feels like cheating.

According to the timeline posted he sent the image to a college student via Twitter. She must have blown the whistle or something. I don't think he publicly tweeted the photo. So he's a stupid jerk but he's not a complete idiot.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze View Post
Men and women have different feelings about cheating. To most women this is cheating. I bet to his wife it sure feels like cheating.
I'd be pretty humiliated if I were his wife, no doubt. Mainly because the whole thing is being played out in front of the entire world. But There aren't any rules/laws/etc that I'm aware of which say politicians who have extra marital affairs/sext must resign/be excused of their duties. I still think it's absolutely absurd that Clinton was impeached over getting a bj. Why is it even anyone's business what politicians do with their sex organs?

Americans are so hypocritical about sex IMO: sex fascinates us endlessly & we gobble up sex scandals, but we also fear & loathe anyone who exhibits any signs of being a sexual person. Yes, what Weiner did was completely stupid & irresponsible. But honestly, he's far from being a sexual deviant with his behavior. It's not like he was molesting children or raping the handicapped. He just took a pic of his (fairly average) junk. That's something that 90+% of men have done at some point in their lives.

I guess that's why I love these sex scandals: they prove just how sexual and crazy people are. I just wish we as a society would learn something from these events, and become a bit more understanding of human nature and be a bit more open with our sexualities. But that's just the raging liberal in me coming out.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

WeinerArisen!
Old 06-09-2011, 06:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
WeinerArisen!

And again.

Old 06-09-2011, 10:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I'd be pretty humiliated if I were his wife, no doubt. Mainly because the whole thing is being played out in front of the entire world. But There aren't any rules/laws/etc that I'm aware of which say politicians who have extra marital affairs/sext must resign/be excused of their duties. I still think it's absolutely absurd that Clinton was impeached over getting a bj. Why is it even anyone's business what politicians do with their sex organs?

Americans are so hypocritical about sex IMO: sex fascinates us endlessly & we gobble up sex scandals, but we also fear & loathe anyone who exhibits any signs of being a sexual person. Yes, what Weiner did was completely stupid & irresponsible. But honestly, he's far from being a sexual deviant with his behavior. It's not like he was molesting children or raping the handicapped. He just took a pic of his (fairly average) junk. That's something that 90+% of men have done at some point in their lives.

I guess that's why I love these sex scandals: they prove just how sexual and crazy people are. I just wish we as a society would learn something from these events, and become a bit more understanding of human nature and be a bit more open with our sexualities. But that's just the raging liberal in me coming out.
I think it's less about her public humiliation and more about the personal hurt. He betrayed his wife. His pregnant wife.

I actually don't think he should step down either. I agree that is absurd and agree on the Clinton impeachment also being absurd. What a waste of time and money. It was disgusting. Star obviously had some sexual repression going on.

We should learn from these stories, yes. Our actions have consequences and think before you do stuff! Usually this type of behavior is about an inability to relate to others on any sort of deep level. Seeing people as objects is safer. We all need to turn our compassionometers up. Well, not me, mine is in overdrive and I need to turn that s--- down!

I mean for Weiner too, he is human and we all screw up. Hopefully he can get some help, get his act together, step up and be a good husband to his beautiful wife, and a good father to his unborn child. Then maybe he can be a decent politician. Is that an oxymoron?
Old 06-09-2011, 11:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachwood Mac View Post
I don't recall ever hearing about any congresswomen sending out private pics of their privates.
You haven't seen the Bella Abzug pics yet?

- Jake
Old 06-09-2011, 11:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
Exactly. The American public is forgiving. Look at Bill Clinton... he lied under oath, got busted, then came out and admitted he lied... and he's still doted on to this day.
I think it depends. Some people have charisma/charm & can get away with a lot. Then there are others (Tonya Harding, etc.) who don't find America so forgiving.

- Jake