User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-13-2007, 06:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Someone else...

Quote:
10:47, VELVET REVOLVER INDUCTS VAN HALEN: Was Audioslave busy? This is why the rock Hall pretty much sucks. It's a complete corporate set-up. Velvet Revolver has nothing to do with VH. They have a new album coming out, plain and simple.

Weiland is delivering his lines like it's he's giving a book report on pistons at a vocational school. What a poseur tool.

10:53, VELVET REVOLVER IS CURRENTLY DESTROYING ONE OF THE FIVE GREATEST ROCK SONGS OF ALL TIME: "Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love." Eloquence escapes me. This is a f**kin sham, a travesty and a crying shame. Why is Weiland singing like Sideshow Bob? Why's he even singing this at all?
who see VR the same way I do. Dudes (Duff & Slash), hang this outfit up and go the route of Izzy Stradlin' and makeup to W.Axl Rose so I can see the GNR reunion in this millennium.

"I would rather play in a band consisting of one original member of GNR playing Guns N Roses songs nightly than play in a band that consists of 3 former Gun N Roses members playing Stone Temple Pilot songs nightly"-Sebastian Bach 2006 interview
Old 03-13-2007, 07:26 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
Damnit, I wish I had saved it, but the other day in USA Today there was a list of RnR Hall of Fame long shots for the next 5 years. Stevie was not on the list.

Stevie will be a HUGE long shot for a solo artist... I wouldn't expect it.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:29 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life View Post
who see VR the same way I do. Dudes (Duff & Slash), hang this outfit up and go the route of Izzy Stradlin' and makeup to W.Axl Rose so I can see the GNR reunion in this millennium.

"I would rather play in a band consisting of one original member of GNR playing Guns N Roses songs nightly than play in a band that consists of 3 former Gun N Roses members playing Stone Temple Pilot songs nightly"-Sebastian Bach 2006 interview
I kinda dig VR... They did have NO business performing like they did. I am concerned that Scott Wieland sucks now that he's not high. I am interested to hear the new album... I don't know about a GNR reunion, ALOT of egos in that group of dudes... But I guess if the price war right anything can happen.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelD View Post
I kinda dig VR... They did have NO business performing like they did. I am concerned that Scott Wieland sucks now that he's not high. I am interested to hear the new album... I don't know about a GNR reunion, ALOT of egos in that group of dudes... But I guess if the price war right anything can happen.

I liked the first couple of tunes they released off their first album, so I bought the CD. It sucked. I heard they fired Rick Rubin as producer on the new one. Not a good sign.

And I'd KILL for a full on genuine GNR reunion.