User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-30-2005, 04:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagringader&r
I hope nameless actor is someone worth the trip, even though it didn't pan out. It happened a few years ago? Still a party girl I see..

The groupie stories were humorous, but kinda pathetic. Not sure who to believe. Nameless musician had a big one, no he didn't, yes he did.. These girls are actually seeking it out, though. Good gawd, I never had the thought to seek it out. Well ok, I had the thought but not the guts. That one time was pure accident and a disastrous one at that.

Hey, maybe we can buy the Hendrix together and timeshare it. I get it for half the year, you get it the other half. Why do I get the feeling other people reading this are totally repulsed..

I've heard Rikki, Don't Lose That Number but I'll have to listen again for the lesbian lyrics. I heard Jackie Blue and tried to listen really closely, but I'll take another listen to that one, too. Wonder if I can download it somewhere. Oh hell, I'll just get one of those box sets.

This board really needs a chat..
Me... Party Girl ? Nah, I just wanna have plenty of stories to tell my granddaughter when I'm old and in my rocking chair. Mr. Nameless actor was/is very much single and likes to prowl but manages to keep much of his antics out of the tabloids. He has good people. We were outside smoking cigs when he and his entourage came outside to leave. I've got some great pics of him checking me out. So even if just for that, it was worth it. His bodyguard was being a bu*thead. He's in the pics too, looking all mean... thought he was gonna snag my camera. I was so star struck, had to send my daughter to ask Mr. Nameless if he would take pics with us. He said they had to leave or he would. We found out afterwards who the band we went backstage with was... prior to that, we had no clue. Turns out one dude was an "it" boy in Gollywood. Who knew? Not us?! We're out of touch up here in the NW, I guess.

I haven't read groupie central in awhile. Going there right after this. They are pathetic and I think most of the stories are lies. I would never chase after it either, just knowing what goes on. Obviously, I've put myself into certain situations to allow things to happen, but can't see myself actually going thru with anything.... I don't think.

The Hendrix cast as a timeshare is an excellent idea. That would knock it down to $750. Wait a minute, is there any way those things can be duplicated or would that break some kind of copyright infringement?

Ya... this board does need a chat. If anyone else is reading these, then that's their scene man... (like my 70s lingo? HAR HAR) if they're repulsed they don't have to read. hehe

Laura
Old 05-30-2005, 05:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertangel
Me... Party Girl? Nah, I just wanna have plenty of stories to tell my granddaughter when I'm old and in my rocking chair. Mr. Nameless actor was/is very much single and likes to prowl but manages to keep much of his antics out of the tabloids. He has good people. We were outside smoking cigs when he and his entourage came outside to leave. I've got some great pics of him checking me out. So even if just for that, it was worth it. His bodyguard was being a bu*thead. He's in the pics too, looking all mean... thought he was gonna snag my camera. I was so star struck, had to send my daughter to ask Mr. Nameless if he would take pics with us. He said they had to leave or he would. We found out afterwards who the band we went backstage with was... prior to that, we had no clue. Turns out one dude was an "it" boy in Gollywood. Who knew? Not us?! We're out of touch up here in the NW, I guess.

I haven't read groupie central in awhile. Going there right after this. They are pathetic and I think most of the stories are lies. I would never chase after it either, just knowing what goes on. Obviously, I've put myself into certain situations to allow things to happen, but can't see myself actually going thru with anything.... I don't think.

The Hendrix cast as a timeshare is an excellent idea. That would knock it down to $750. Wait a minute, is there any way those things can be duplicated or would that break some kind of copyright infringement?

Ya... this board does need a chat. If anyone else is reading these, then that's their scene man... (like my 70s lingo? HAR HAR) if they're repulsed they don't have to read. hehe

Laura
Damn, girl.. Stop talking like you're 80! If Mr. Nameless actor was checking you out, you still got it goin on.. I admit that I'm now painfully curious as to his identity, as well as the band you went backstage with, but I'm sure we both adhere to the no-tell policy. Sh*t!

Yeah, groupie central was pretty much the musicians you think would be putting out.. Pretty well widely known they do. One, in particular and one that shall, again, remain nameless. At least on a public message board. Some of the posts were "oh, he'll do anything that walks." Now, you tell me, what's the fu**ing point? If I were to go to all the trouble, he'd better not be somebody who'd "do anybody." I'm nothing, if not selective So, I guess I'd make a pitiful groupie. Well actually, I think I already proved that..
Old 05-30-2005, 05:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagringader&r
Damn, girl.. Stop talking like you're 80! If Mr. Nameless actor was checking you out, you still got it goin on.. I admit that I'm now painfully curious as to his identity, as well as the band you went backstage with, but I'm sure we both adhere to the no-tell policy. Sh*t!

Yeah, groupie central was pretty much the musicians you think would be putting out.. Pretty well widely known they do. One, in particular and one that shall, again, remain nameless. At least on a public message board. Some of the posts were "oh, he'll do anything that walks." Now, you tell me, what's the fu**ing point? If I were to go to all the trouble, he'd better not be somebody who'd "do anybody." I'm nothing, if not selective So, I guess I'd make a pitiful groupie. Well actually, I think I already proved that..
I don't know that I wouldn't tell because of the no-tell policy. Nothing happened that wouldn't have happened with any normal "fan." I'm just kind of embarrased to say WHO I drove 2,000 miles to see in person. OMG. Can you dig? It was another one of those insanity moments I'm so famous for... they create the stories, you know? As for those guys whom are spoken so "highly" of over at voy.com, that's prolly a big part of why THEY got into the biz. Heck, did you check out Lindsey on the SYW tour? He was flirting with all the young babes in the front by the stage. I mean REALLY flirting with them. I was watching him and like going "urg"

I'll PM you with the names.

Laura
Old 05-30-2005, 05:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertangel
I don't know that I wouldn't tell because of the no-tell policy. Nothing happened that wouldn't have happened with any normal "fan." I'm just kind of embarrased to say WHO I drove 2,000 miles to see in person. OMG. Can you dig? It was another one of those insanity moments I'm so famous for... they create the stories, you know? As for those guys whom are spoken so "highly" of over at voy.com, that's prolly a big part of why THEY got into the biz. Heck, did you check out Lindsey on the SYW tour? He was flirting with all the young babes in the front by the stage. I mean REALLY flirting with them. I was watching him and like going "urg"

I'll PM you with the names.

Laura
Cool! Yeah, the guys on the site are all really young and the girls posting are even younger. But age isn't really an issue or an obstacle, as you pointed out in your example of Lindsey. Jesus Christ. I don't wonder too much about Lindsey. I think I have a clue.. Oh and don't feel embarrassed. If he was worth it, you're right. You have a great story. I'm going to check my pm now. The curiosity is killing me..
Old 06-01-2005, 01:50 AM
takenbythesky
This message has been deleted by takenbythesky.
Old 06-01-2005, 01:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by takenbythesky
I did a little research over at allmusic.com ...

"Hot Butter wasn't so much a group as an alias, for keyboard virtuoso Stan Free, a top session player of the 1960's (with credits including work on albums by the Monkees, Arlo Guthrie, John Denver, et al), and a support musician or two working behind his Moog synthesizer. Free had cut several unsuccessful singles under his own name during the late 1960's, and also had been a member of a Moog synthesizer ensemble, the First Moog Quartet, organized by Gershon Kingsley — during their 1969 tour of the United States, the group had used Kingsley's dance instrumental "Popcorn" (which he had written and recorded in 1969 on his album Music To Moog By), as an encore, and it elicited some of the most positive reactions from audiences. Two years later, when Free issued a new recording of "Popcorn", he used the pseudonym Hot Butter; this was a shrewd marketing ploy, for not only did that name seem to fit together with the title of the piece better than "Stan Free" would have, but it also made it easier to remember and request the piece at record stores and on the radio — some accounts say that Kingsley also played on that record, though he wasn't credited. Whoever was on it, the result was a top-10 hit in America and England. Albums and other singles followed, mostly of classical works and familiar pop and movie tunes transcribed for synthesizer, but "Popcorn" remained his sole charting 45. It was popular enough to turn up as theme music and bridge-music for numerous television stations' productions, and is recognized today as an early forerunner of both disco music and synth-pop. In 2000, the collected recordings of Hot Butter were issued on a single CD."

Hot Butter released two albums: "Hot Butter" and "More Hot Butter." I thought you all might enjoy that. I know I did.
See, it turned out way cooler than everyone thought! Thanks, Taken! Hmm, now I really want to get that...

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 06-01-2005, 03:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by takenbythesky
I did a little research over at allmusic.com ...

"Hot Butter wasn't so much a group as an alias, for keyboard virtuoso Stan Free, a top session player of the 1960's (with credits including work on albums by the Monkees, Arlo Guthrie, John Denver, et al), and a support musician or two working behind his Moog synthesizer. Free had cut several unsuccessful singles under his own name during the late 1960's, and also had been a member of a Moog synthesizer ensemble, the First Moog Quartet, organized by Gershon Kingsley — during their 1969 tour of the United States, the group had used Kingsley's dance instrumental "Popcorn" (which he had written and recorded in 1969 on his album Music To Moog By), as an encore, and it elicited some of the most positive reactions from audiences. Two years later, when Free issued a new recording of "Popcorn", he used the pseudonym Hot Butter; this was a shrewd marketing ploy, for not only did that name seem to fit together with the title of the piece better than "Stan Free" would have, but it also made it easier to remember and request the piece at record stores and on the radio — some accounts say that Kingsley also played on that record, though he wasn't credited. Whoever was on it, the result was a top-10 hit in America and England. Albums and other singles followed, mostly of classical works and familiar pop and movie tunes transcribed for synthesizer, but "Popcorn" remained his sole charting 45. It was popular enough to turn up as theme music and bridge-music for numerous television stations' productions, and is recognized today as an early forerunner of both disco music and synth-pop. In 2000, the collected recordings of Hot Butter were issued on a single CD."

Hot Butter released two albums: "Hot Butter" and "More Hot Butter." I thought you all might enjoy that. I know I did.
Wow, there was so much more to this song than I thought! Thanks for taking the time to look that up. Very interesting!