User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-23-2007, 09:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post

She'll always remember that the whole world heard those word too.

that was EXACTLY what I was thinking.

i remember on bob and tom one time, they were talking about the anniversary of roe vs. wade. I think the kid was turning 20 at the time and they were like "imagine that kid. Screw everyone else. Think about being that child growing up thinking ...'my mom didn't want me so bad...she took it to the supreme COURT!'"

it's sooooooo much different when all your dirty laundry is aired out for the world to see
Old 04-24-2007, 06:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
AB was interviewed on Letterman the night of the phone call. He described his relationship with Ireland as healthy and he told a cute anecdote about her being a dancer all the time. So, I think they get along. I think, though, that Kim pushed his buttons here and he fell for it.

I think he attacked Ireland because he had discussed this event with her before. And, he was an a$$ for it.
again, I dont take that man's word for anything. My gut tells me he's trying to do damage control by avoiding responsibility for what HE did and shifting it to an easy target, his ex. Yeah, real believable there.....Granted, its well known that this is a very bitter divorce, but I tend to think Kim would be even more careful to comply given how vigorously Alec has litigated this in the past. From what I see, this is all about POWER. And Alec strikes me as a control freak as I said. Who flies 3000 miles just to give a kid a lecture about being receptive to his/her parent? I'll tell you: a parent who is obsessed with staying in control. I have a feeling that if you scratch the surface of Mr. Alec Baldwin, you'll find a full time A.S.S., not just the "oops I just got frustrated and lost my head" type Ass.

who knows? maybe Ireland will benefit from this whole fiasco: Alec will have to be more circumspect in his behavior from now on...

Last edited by irishgrl; 04-24-2007 at 06:33 AM..
Old 04-24-2007, 07:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgrl View Post
again, I dont take that man's word for anything.
No surprise there

Quote:
. . . but I tend to think Kim would be even more careful to comply given how vigorously Alec has litigated this in the past . . . .
But, here she did not and this obviously was not the first time. Again, it is the parent's responsibility to make sure the 11 year old is there for the call, esp. when it is a judicial thing. Then, when he blows his fuse, she releases it to the world no matter the public humiliation and damage her daughter has no doubt suffered. That, to me, has all the signs of a trap and AB was an idiot for falling for it.

Again, AB likely is an a$$, but Kim hurt her daughter more (if that is possible) by releasing this to the public. She will now forever be known for this.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

So, someone just happened to get that message, realize who it was, and then have the wherewithall to know how to release it annonymously to the press

Also, the bolded part speaks volumes about Kim's behavior.

Interestingly, if these people were not rich, child services likely would have taken this kid from them by now

Kim Basinger Denies Leaking Alec Baldwin's 'Thoughtless Little Pig' Voicemail to Daughter to Press

Tuesday , April 24, 2007

LOS ANGELES —

Kim Basinger denies she leaked a voicemail in which her ex-husband, Alec Baldwin, calls their 11-year-old daughter a "rude, thoughtless little pig."

"Kim Basinger did not release the voicemail. Additionally, the voicemail was not sealed under a court order," said a statement released by the actress's publicist, Annett Wolf, on Monday.

Baldwin left a voicemail lambasting his daughter, Ireland, for failing to answer the telephone for a prearranged call. The tape was aired by the celebrity Web site TMZ.com on Thursday and quickly made headlines around the world.

A Los Angeles Superior Court commissioner ordered Baldwin to stay away from his daughter pending a May 4 hearing.

Baldwin, who has been locked in a custody dispute with Basinger since their 2002 divorce, blamed her for the leak on Friday. He also apologized on his own Web site for "losing my temper with my child."

"I have been driven to the edge by parental alienation for many years now," Baldwin wrote.

"Everybody is always asking why this custody battle has been going on for so many years, and now they have the answer. The issue is not about Kim or the alleged alienation that Alec constantly refers to; it is about his ongoing aggressive behavior," Basinger's statement said.

"Kim's sincerest wish is for him to finally address his unstable and irrational behavior so he, at some point, can potentially create a relationship with his daughter," the statement said. "Until then, Kim will continue to protect and safeguard her child's well-being as any parent would."

Basinger is facing trial on 12 misdemeanor counts of criminal contempt for allegedly disregarding court orders concerning Baldwin's visitation rights.

www.foxnews.com
Old 04-24-2007, 08:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

as to the above, she hasnt been convicted of anything as yet. anyone can bring contempt of court charges so until she's found guilty of something, that is just legal posturing. You know that.

We dont know why the phone wasnt answered, for all we know, she was in the bathroom and couldnt answer it in time. You are always so willing to blame the woman, even when the only tangible evidence here is the FATHER'S bad behavior. If you want to buy into his spin, in the face of his obvious asshole-ish behavior, that's your perogative. As for the daughter having to "live with this," puh leez. If anything, this shows me that her father is someone who needs watching. Perhaps this whole mess will do her a favor and she's been saved from futher abuse. I'd like to think so.

ETA: I think THIS should have been bolded instead:
Quote:
"Everybody is always asking why this custody battle has been going on for so many years, and now they have the answer. The issue is not about Kim or the alleged alienation that Alec constantly refers to; it is about his ongoing aggressive behavior," Basinger's statement said.
again, the man is a control freak. 3000 mile plane ride to give her a lecture and set her straight? Yep, I'd want to see my dad for that, you betcha. he didnt just call her a pig once, but several times. Nope. No matter how he tries to spin this, its his fault ALONE. Personally, Im GLAD it got out if its public airing saves Ireland from any more abuse.

Last edited by irishgrl; 04-24-2007 at 08:54 AM..
Old 04-24-2007, 09:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^

My point is it was the mother of an 11 year old's job to make sure she answered the phone. She failed that job here and apparently at other times. In other words, regardless of her feelings about AB, the correct thing to do would be to say to Ireland that the call was important and she was going to make sure Ireland took it because regardless of the public disputes and Kim's personal feelings, AB is her father and Ireland should not be denied the little time they have together. She did not do this.

As for the posturing - 12 is a bit much and I am pretty sure AB's atty's would not be stupid enough to trump up charges in a high profile case.

Finally, if you do not think airing this publicly has hurt Ireland far more than her dad's rant, then I really do not know what to say.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Also and for the record, I think AB's treatment is horrible. I think no matter what that beeyotch of an x-wife did, he should not speak to his daughter this way, though I recognize it is not the end of the world and parents are allowed to fail from the ideal.

I am also saying her behaviour was worse than his because she put this humiliation out for the public to see. Now, this 11 year old girl who is being manipulated by both parents has had her humiliation seen by millions of people. This is going to haunt her publicly for years. Imagine what it was like for her to go to school the day after this aired -- all the finger pointing, laughing, etc. that cruel kids are likely to do. That is why I say Kim hurt Ireland far more than AB did in this instance.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
as to the above, she hasnt been convicted of anything as yet. anyone can bring contempt of court charges so until she's found guilty of something, that is just legal posturing. You know that.

We dont know why the phone wasnt answered, for all we know, she was in the bathroom and couldnt answer it in time. You are always so willing to blame the woman, even when the only tangible evidence here is the FATHER'S bad behavior. If you want to buy into his spin, in the face of his obvious asshole-ish behavior, that's your perogative. As for the daughter having to "live with this," puh leez. If anything, this shows me that her father is someone who needs watching. Perhaps this whole mess will do her a favor and she's been saved from futher abuse. I'd like to think so.

ETA: I think THIS should have been bolded instead:

again, the man is a control freak. 3000 mile plane ride to give her a lecture and set her straight? Yep, I'd want to see my dad for that, you betcha. he didnt just call her a pig once, but several times. Nope. No matter how he tries to spin this, its his fault ALONE. Personally, Im GLAD it got out if its public airing saves Ireland from any more abuse.

So people can make things up with no evidence & they'll bring charges up? That's a shame if that's the case. Our court system is really f'd up.

And I don't see Jason as defending AB. He said the guy's an asshole. But just as you accuse him of siding with him automatically because he's a man, it looks to people that are you doing the opposite - siding with the woman because she's a woman. Maybe not, but that's how it seems.

And are you saying that this kid won't be affected at all by the fact her dad's diatribe at her was played over & over again across the world for everyone to hear? I disagree.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm not taking sides in this: that would be too easy. Clearly, AB is in the wrong, however, just for talking to his daughter like that. Yes, I hollar and get on Sara. But, name calling is out of the question. You don't call your kids names. I was yelled at daily when I was a kid. That's a parenting issue. I'll be the first to admit that, and am working on it. I also don't believe that you should berate the other parent in front of the child. No matter what the circumstance. As much as I despise Jason for what he did to us, I will never put him down in front of Sara. It's just out of the question for me.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: under beautiful desert skies of the Tri-cities in WA.

It is absolutely horrible what he called his child and the way he is as a father. I don't care how mad you are at your ex-spouse, you never treat a child in that manner.

So I close my eyes softly
Til I become that part of the wind

♥Debra♥
Old 04-24-2007, 01:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticGypsy View Post
It is absolutely horrible what he called his child and the way he is as a father. I don't care how mad you are at your ex-spouse, you never treat a child in that manner.
ITA. I actually think neither one of them are fit to be parents. They are both just using their daughter. She's stuck in between. This is really going to effect her. Instead of hiring a bodyguard for her, they should have hired a shrink thanks to them.

Lee
Old 04-24-2007, 06:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Personally, Im GLAD it got out if its public airing saves Ireland from any more abuse.
While I hope she can get whatever counseling services she needs (and I certainly see NO reason why she shouldn't), I respectfully disagree that this should have been publicly aired. This is a private issue and none of our business. There are many sides to every story.
Old 04-24-2007, 06:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
^^^

My point is it was the mother of an 11 year old's job to make sure she answered the phone. She failed that job here and apparently at other times. In other words, regardless of her feelings about AB, the correct thing to do would be to say to Ireland that the call was important and she was going to make sure Ireland took it because regardless of the public disputes and Kim's personal feelings, AB is her father and Ireland should not be denied the little time they have together. She did not do this.

As for the posturing - 12 is a bit much and I am pretty sure AB's atty's would not be stupid enough to trump up charges in a high profile case.

Finally, if you do not think airing this publicly has hurt Ireland far more than her dad's rant, then I really do not know what to say.
oh my dear. You KNOW attorneys in high profile cases are perfect WHORES. its all about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

do I think either side will overlook any possible angle??? HELL NO. Alec blew it. period. in this case, the glove fit, the shoe fit and no amount of finger pointing is going to remove the memory of a dad who treats his daughter this way.

as for whether or not this belongs in the "public arena" GIVE ME A BREAK!!

if it wasnt for the active (and I mean ACTIVE) campaigning on behalf of Nicole's sister (who's name escapes me now, sadly) domestic violence would still be one of those "boys will be boys" type occurrences. SORRY. I dont think Ireland will be damaged in the slightest by this. If anything, she is going to be MORE protected. As for prurient interest....I have NOT read all the articles (in fact I havent read any except for the first one posted by Brian) so, I am not consumed by this case or the particulars. My main concern is, and always has been the welfare of this child. I believe that she will NOW be protected. And for that, I am relieved. As, I am sure any child advocate will be.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
So people can make things up with no evidence & they'll bring charges up? That's a shame if that's the case. Our court system is really f'd up.

And I don't see Jason as defending AB. He said the guy's an asshole. But just as you accuse him of siding with him automatically because he's a man, it looks to people that are you doing the opposite - siding with the woman because she's a woman. Maybe not, but that's how it seems.

And are you saying that this kid won't be affected at all by the fact her dad's diatribe at her was played over & over again across the world for everyone to hear? I disagree.
I can tell you that it happened in MY own case There is a bias against women in Family Courts and I have the stats to back it up. If you want an eye-crossing evening of truth telling, let me know.

ps: if AB is an asshole then we should all say YES, HE'S AN ASSHOLE. NOW, HOW CAN WE PROTECT IRELAND????

because, ultimately, whether you agree with what happened here or not (the info leaking into the mainstream press) the end result SHOULD be that Ireland is PROTECTED. yes?????? YES.

and, btw and for the record, the ONLY tangible bad behavior here is by Alec. Not Kim, not Ireland. any statements to the contrary are merely an attempt to rewrite the FACTS. (Jason, your assertion that Kim should have FORCED Ireland to accept that call is an assumption at best. again, we dont know WHAT happened that particular moment in time--and, our speculations are not relevant)

Last edited by irishgrl; 04-24-2007 at 08:05 PM..
Old 04-24-2007, 08:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1998 View Post
I'm not taking sides in this: that would be too easy. Clearly, AB is in the wrong, however, just for talking to his daughter like that. Yes, I hollar and get on Sara. But, name calling is out of the question. You don't call your kids names. I was yelled at daily when I was a kid. That's a parenting issue. I'll be the first to admit that, and am working on it. I also don't believe that you should berate the other parent in front of the child. No matter what the circumstance. As much as I despise Jason for what he did to us, I will never put him down in front of Sara. It's just out of the question for me.
I couldn't agree more. my parents were complete opposites in this aspect. My mother NEVER would put my father down, even though she had good reason to. he never was around, didn't pay child support. the usual. But every time I would go to see my dad (it became more frequent as i got older) my dad would always put my mom down about how awful a mother she was. I have never gotten over that. Sure it seems like you win at the moment. You think they kid will pick your side, but in the long run, you lose. That's one of the many grudges I hold against my father, so I got kinda carried away