Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-06-2005, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: ... in the shadow of this strange, strong love of you

I've never even heard of Sonic. But damn, diet cherry limeade sounds like it'd be almost as good as a Crystal Lite slurpee. There are so many things we never get up here - seriously, you have no idea how thrilled I was when I was in Detroit for "some concert" last month and found Diet Wild Cherry Pepsi in the 7-11 fridge!! Yummy.

"We're rock stars. We are not nice."
Stevie Nicks, the sage mother goddess fierce gypsy bitch we adore.
Old 07-06-2005, 09:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by catinthedark
I've never even heard of Sonic. But damn, diet cherry limeade sounds like it'd be almost as good as a Crystal Lite slurpee. There are so many things we never get up here - seriously, you have no idea how thrilled I was when I was in Detroit for "some concert" last month and found Diet Wild Cherry Pepsi in the 7-11 fridge!! Yummy.
They are so delicious! It's basically Sprite with cherry syrup added, half of a lime, and a couple cherries thrown in there too, on finely crushed ice - that's the key -the ice! They squeeze the lime and leave it in the bottom of the cup, so you always get a taste of it thru the straw. The diet version is just w/ diet Sprite.

One time I got one when their ice crusher machine was busted and it was regular ice cubes. It just wasn't the same!
Old 07-07-2005, 12:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia
Do y'all have Sonic drive-ins? Cherry limeade...drooooool. I get the diet ones. They're great w/ vodka in 'em too!
To this day I don't think I've had Sonic, but I did have Taco Cabana about two months ago at a bout 3AM. I think that's the only fast food place I can take, other than Dairy Queen.

- Jake
Old 07-07-2005, 12:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklinensuit
To this day I don't think I've had Sonic, but I did have Taco Cabana about two months ago at a bout 3AM. I think that's the only fast food place I can take, other than Dairy Queen.

- Jake
Taco Cabana rocks!! Their salsa and tortillas are the best - and they have yummy chicken tortilla soup also! It's not on the drive-thru menu, cuz it's messy to package, but they'll do it if you ask 'em nicely!
Old 07-07-2005, 12:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Taco Cabana rocks!! Their salsa and tortillas are the best - and they have yummy chicken tortilla soup also! It's not on the drive-thru menu, cuz it's messy to package, but they'll do it if you ask 'em nicely!
I hate drive-thrus. I want to see my orders before I leave.
When I first moved to Austin I stayed with friends near Flipnotics & the TC at Lamar. Now I live near a TC in Houston, but I think I've been there twice in four years. I like that the portions are decent. And open 24 hours. And big iced teas.

- Jake
Old 07-07-2005, 01:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And open 24 hours.
Cause nothing says "good night" like a taco at 3 am (which i'm guessing in your case, is chicken).

They advertise Sonic up here all the time but i've yet to see one. The only southern food chain we have is Chick-Fil A' (sweet tea and waffle fries )
Old 07-07-2005, 10:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: ... in the shadow of this strange, strong love of you

Quote:
They are so delicious! It's basically Sprite with cherry syrup added, half of a lime, and a couple cherries thrown in there too, on finely crushed ice - that's the key -the ice! They squeeze the lime and leave it in the bottom of the cup, so you always get a taste of it thru the straw. The diet version is just w/ diet Sprite.
Mmmmm. Sounds like a little piece of heaven.

"We're rock stars. We are not nice."
Stevie Nicks, the sage mother goddess fierce gypsy bitch we adore.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

- Jake

I've never been to Sonic either, I don't think. Went to Dairy Queen last night, though. Good God do I love Blizzards.

I've been all about Pepperidge Farms Goldfish crackers & pretzels lately.

Tim Horton's (Dee - do you have one up there?) has kick ass frozen cappucinos . They crush the ice, which is key. I got one from stupid Dunkin Donuts the other day & it just was NOT the same.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
I've never been to Sonic either, I don't think. Went to Dairy Queen last night, though. Good God do I love Blizzards.

Tim Horton's (Dee - do you have one up there?) has kick ass frozen cappucinos . They crush the ice, which is key. I got one from stupid Dunkin Donuts the other day & it just was NOT the same.
I love Dunkin Donuts carmel swirl latte with skim milk I think that might be my latest obsession. One thing i'm not always big on? Starbucks.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenStateGirlie
I love Dunkin Donuts carmel swirl latte with skim milk I think that might be my latest obsession. One thing i'm not always big on? Starbucks.

I think I've been to Starbucks 3 times in my life. I don't get what the hubub's about.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think I've been to Starbucks 3 times in my life. I don't get what the hubub's about.
I think unless you REALLY like coffee, it's not so great. I'm drinking one now (the boss treated us all). It's just so-so.
Old 07-08-2005, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm not a coffee person...I hate it actually. I do LOVE the Strawberry Coolatas at Dunkin Donuts tho.
Old 07-08-2005, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I'm on a Pep. Farm's Goldfish kick too!!!

And yes, we have Tim HOrtons - I've yet to go to one - because I had no idea what it was...
Old 07-08-2005, 12:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenStateGirlie
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan8472
I do LOVE the Strawberry Coolatas at Dunkin Donuts tho.
Baaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrffffffffffffffff.

Dunkin' Donuts makes me sick to my stomach. I get the dry heaves just thinking about that place. Same with Friendly's. I swear, there's a conspiracy. It's the only explanation for why the northeast has so many bad restaurants.

Old 07-08-2005, 12:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't like coffee to begin with, but NO cup of coffee is worth five ****ing dollars. Puhleeze. I've only been to a couple of Starbucks in my day and I can't control my laughter when I hear people ordering their coffee. It's like they're speaking a different language.