The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-22-2006, 08:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1998
Ya know, Amber, sometimes you really suck. We eat string cheese around here like no one else.
I usually suck, actually. We study nutritional facts and fitness things around here like no one else. *laughie*

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 02-23-2006, 10:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
No. Whole Foods doesn't have Lipton. And I never buy it anyway. Is that cold tea, then? Sounds pretty good. I don't drink much green tea anymore b/c the tannins bother my stomach. And actually, I don't really drink cold tea. But i could. I do peppermint infusion - it's weird, it gives you lots of energy, but has no caffeine, and peppermint tastes good cold. I buy Yogi brand tea, usually.
Does it have other flavors? That would be great for when it's hotter and I'm on the go with my bike and shizz. easier than carrying around a container of liquid.
Wait - why would green tea have sugar in the first place?

I think there are other flavors...maybe peach? Anyway, I think the green tea is pretty tasty and it's easy, just dump it in a cold bottle of water and there you have it. I don't know why green tea would have sugar in it, but I'm sure I've had some that do, wait that may have been honey...

Cold peppermint tea DOES sound good. I might have to give that a try.
Old 02-23-2006, 01:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I eat cheese willy nilly too. Well, at least willy. I buy brie too much, and it's gone in like, 2 days usually.
and one of my rotating staples is grilled cheese - with Kraft pepperjack slices, the real processed kind! Those work the best for grilled cheese.
I used to eschew cheese, though.
You know what makes a great grilled cheese? The Cabot cheddar slices. Oh heavenly cheese!
Old 02-23-2006, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've been drinking these great Republic of Tea teas- one is a cranberry blood orange black tea that is great, but the best is their pomegranate green tea. It tastes amazing, and is so chock full of antioxidants between the green tea and the pomegranate. And, it's purple. Purple tea rules.
Old 02-23-2006, 02:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayley
I've been drinking these great Republic of Tea teas- one is a cranberry blood orange black tea that is great, but the best is their pomegranate green tea. It tastes amazing, and is so chock full of antioxidants between the green tea and the pomegranate. And, it's purple. Purple tea rules.

Yum! Those sound good. I take it these are cold teas?
Old 02-23-2006, 02:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffdweller
Yum! Those sound good. I take it these are cold teas?
I drink them hot but you can drink them cold by doubling up on tea bags. I hate cold tea!!!
Old 02-23-2006, 02:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I drink them hot but you can drink them cold by doubling up on tea bags. I hate cold tea!!!

Yeah, we southerners...the other day, it was like 30 damn degrees out and I was piling the ice into my cup for a cup of iced tea!! We have no shame, we ice our beverages even when there's no need, seriously, it's a sickness! But usually you know, it's so hot here, I guess it's just force of habit.
Old 02-23-2006, 03:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well I am 5'8 and 155 pounds. I don't know where I should be as far as my weight class, but I would like to shed a few pounds. I am giving up fast food for lent (AHH) and I am going to be starting plyometrics 3-4 days next week...I think if i do these things I will be ok! Even with just 2-3 classes of plyometrics I see changes in my problem areas.
Old 02-23-2006, 05:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
I almost bought that pomegranate one last week! But I didn't have enough money. Good to know it's tasty. Do you ever drink Pomm? It's way expensive, and you can't absorb that many nutrients from juices anyway, but it's good. And the bottle is cute.

Jimmeh - plyometrics is awesome. You don't sound very heavy, though.

Oh, hey, everyone, I've finally dipped down into the 140's !!! I was in the 150's for like, 3 years. For those of you who met me, in Vegas I was 159-160! And in case that sounds really heavy - I'm supposed to weigh 133 ish. So, 'bout 15 more lbs, I guess. I'm really happy.

*BOYS STOP READING NOW!!!!

*especially cause it's only a day before my "friend" arrives, and so I will weigh even less after my friend leaves.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -

Last edited by amber; 02-23-2006 at 06:02 PM..
Old 02-23-2006, 07:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Republic Of Tea kicks ass. And there are no carbs, no sugars or anything like that.
Old 02-23-2006, 08:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Okay - I've never seen tea that comes with sugars. Why does everyone keep touting that quality as...remarkable?

Old 02-23-2006, 09:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Okay - I've never seen tea that comes with sugars. Why does everyone keep touting that quality as...remarkable?
Just look on the back of any can or bottle at the grocery store and you'll see it in the form of fructose or corn syrup.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
Just look on the back of any can or bottle at the grocery store and you'll see it in the form of fructose or corn syrup.
Ohhh...I only was thinking of boxes of tea bags, which is all I buy. Okay, I see. yeah, I buy SoBe Lean or Propel fitness water if I get something already bottled that's not water. mmkay, mmkay. Yeah, those things have tons of sugar.
I was like "how does a teabag get sugar in it??" 'Tard.

I see I said I'm at my lowest weight in three years and nobody cares. Sniff. Uber sniff.

Last edited by amber; 02-23-2006 at 10:20 PM..
Old 02-23-2006, 10:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't know whether any of you know this, but certain Beethoven cello sonatas increase & enhance weight loss in approximately 81 percent of the adult population.

Hard as it is to believe, you can eat as much as you want (assuming you are 18 years of age or older) & if you listen carefully to the Richter/Rostropovich 1963 recording of Op. 102 No. 1 (Sonata No. 4 in C), you will lose approximately 5 pounds per hour! Then, once the sonata is complete, your weight will stabilize at that point for a period of up to four weeks!

The Beethoven cello sonatas. On Philips CD. Eat like a pig, & let the Adagio--tempo d'andante--allegro vivace burn away the calories. Like magic. Like Beethoven. Like Life Itself.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

/\/\/\/\

You dork.
So, would you call this the "Adagio--tempo d'andante--allegro vivace" weight loss program?