User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-21-2007, 10:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickypt View Post
. . . On another note, anyone see Kennedy on Meet The Press? He said that he will support John Kerry if he runs.

He kind of has to say that

I think Edwards would consider being Hillary's VP - but she pretty much will pick a governor from some state were she will be in trouble.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: In a dream. looking through a crystal glass or a piece of crystal or a diamond or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
He kind of has to say that

I think Edwards would consider being Hillary's VP - but she pretty much will pick a governor from some state were she will be in trouble.
Richardson would help deliver New Mexico, Arizona, maybe Colorado. This would take the pressure off trying to get Florida and Ohio.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Richardson would help deliver New Mexico, Arizona, maybe Colorado. This would take the pressure off trying to get Florida and Ohio.
True!

She will have to win Florida to win

This is going to play out very interestingly though and she is a survivor and she has a hugely talented crew with her.

IMO - it all comes down to W and his complete and utter failures - I think those will make a few people vote for any D even if it is Hillary - a little like me voting for Kerry in 04.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool Well...

Quote:
she pretty much will pick a governor from some state were she will be in trouble.
she wont pick Governor Brad Henry cause she is in MAJOR trouble already in OK. According to a local poll, she would finish behind Edwards, Gore & Barack (In that order) as the Demo's nomination if selected by Oklahoma voters - Funny, according to a larger OK poll Edwards could be the first Democrat to carry that state of OK since JFK if he would get the nod.
Old 01-21-2007, 11:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just watched the video on her web site. Damn she seems phony.
Not buying it. It's like bad acting. Even though I agree with her on a lot of things, she comes off as slippery and insincere.

All animals are equal. But some animals are more equal than others.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerchic View Post
Listen girls, you need to get a woman in there! Women are more sensitive. You'd have less sons and daughters going off to war. Women's health issue's would be at the forefront. Longer materrnity leave, hey you might even get paid leave every month for menstruation including all supplies All cosmetics and cosmetic surgery will be paid for. All hair appointemts including two hours pay, every six weeks for the hair appointment. And finally, two free shopping days every month! Just think of the possibilities girls (and guy's ) !
Not to mention birth control would be fully covered by health insurance rather than having a LARGER COPAY than other medications. Frigging ridiculous puritanical system.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: In a dream. looking through a crystal glass or a piece of crystal or a diamond or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
I just watched the video on her web site. Damn she seems phony.
Not buying it. It's like bad acting. Even though I agree with her on a lot of things, she comes off as slippery and insincere.
I agree. That whole thing about wanting a "conversation" with the country....please. I thought SNL did a great job pegging her this week.

But, like you, I agree with her on a lot of things and think she'd probably make a pretty good president. She won't get my primary vote because of her actions on the war, but I'll be happy to vote for her in the general if she makes it.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
I agree. That whole thing about wanting a "conversation" with the country....please. I thought SNL did a great job pegging her this week.

that was hilarious. I just spent about 10 minutes on youtube looking for it, to no avail. They have other skits from last week, but not that one.
If anyone finds it...

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 01-22-2007, 01:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber View Post

that was hilarious. I just spent about 10 minutes on youtube looking for it, to no avail. They have other skits from last week, but not that one.
If anyone finds it...
And that was the only funny skit the entire night!
Old 01-22-2007, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just really dislike her in an ice princess sort of way.

And, as much as I'd like for there to be a female president, I don't want her to be the first one, and I definitely don't think this is a good time for it. Allah might get pissed.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^

The vast majority of women I know hate her seemingly because they see her as a pushy bitch. It seems women would realize that pretty much is what she had to be to get where she is and that although others like Kay Bailey H. of Liddy Dole may appear to be sugary, they likely are just as tough.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
And that was the only funny skit the entire night!
Oh, I disagree. For instance I just watched on youtube again "Oh, Really?" the new news segment. "so you put your weed, which isn't allowed on a plane, in a water bottle which also isn't allowed on the plane? Really? You didn't think they would check for drugs at MIAMI airport? Really? And you were flying home to Atlanta, do you not keep weed at your house? Really? Cause if you like weed, you should have some at your house..."

Anyway, about Hillary. She's slippery, but I like her. I attribute some of her excessive ice princess qualities to the fact that she is a scorpio, they often appear cold.
Also, she's smart and has a ton to do, and is a girl. I don't think she needs to waste time being warm and fuzzy. I don't need that from my candidates, I need someone who solves problems, and is smart and learned.
She's okay. Her record is less than stellar in my eyes, but I also respect her in a lot of ways.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 01-22-2007, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber View Post
Oh, I disagree. For instance I just watched on youtube again "Oh, Really?" the new news segment. "so you put your weed, which isn't allowed on a plane, in a water bottle which also isn't allowed on the plane? Really? You didn't think they would check for drugs at MIAMI airport? Really? And you were flying home to Atlanta, do you not keep weed at your house? Really? Cause if you like weed, you should have some at your house..."
Ah, I was gonna say the news segment was also funny. The "Oh Really" piece was a riot!!

And who was that group? AFI?? I'm getting really old because they scared me.
Old 01-24-2007, 03:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeker007nmss View Post
Okay, WHY would you want a corrupt, lying, manipulative, (wait am I talking about Hilary or George W?...oh yeah Hilliary) thing like her?
Specific examples please. I'm curious why you feel this way about her.

Quote:
The vast majority of women I know hate her seemingly because they see her as a pushy bitch.
Funny. That's why I like her.
Old 02-03-2007, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm intrigued by Hillary Clinton's speech at the DNC yesterday. Where she stated that if she were president in October, 2002, she wouldn't have gone to war in Iraq. Maybe not, but please, she has been a big supporter of this war until about two weeks ago. Her immediate shift to anti-war candidate rings so hollow.

She's just too phony. And too obviously phony. I like her a great deal. And I would like to support her, but she's so far down the list of primary candidates for me.