Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-04-2011, 07:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Best of luck to you Bee in your recovery. What you're going thru doesn't sound fun at all. I did have to laugh a little bit though when you said your mom walked you into a door.
Haha. Well thank you Viv! When I woke up a bit I did find it pretty funny myself. I hate feeling so helpless and believe me I'll never request a sedative again. They can do what they like to me as long as I retain my control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
My dad has that, too. Basically has led to acid reflux. As long as he doesn't eat 3+ hrs before bedtime and takes his Prevacid pill once a day, he's fine.

I think it's called "Hiatal Hernia".

Here's the Mayo Clinic.com article:

Mayo Clinic: Hiatal Hernia
Thank you for the article. At the moment I seem to have an asymptomatic hernia, and I only discovered there could be something there when I went to the Doctor's for an unrelated incident. At least it's nothing majorly wrong, because when I first heard "mass in stomach", I must admit that I panicked. I have to go for an ultrasound on my abdomen in a few weeks, because I initially went with severe anaemia and stomach cramps which they have yet to diagnose. Because of other related symptoms, which I don't really want to go into because of the embarassment factor, they've suggested there could be an issue with my reproductive system. Could be Fybroids or even Endometriosis. I'll know more after my next appointment. I don't want children anyway, so it's not really concerning me any. It's just the symptoms I'd rather not be dealing with.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lightbulb Crazy...Im sorrry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Where I live we've been without power since Saturday night. No power, no hot water and no heat. Most everyone I know is in the same situation. I am using the computer of one of my work clients. Most of my clients have no pwer. Everyone is bored to tears. I have read and played cards more than ever before and we're supposed to be without power until the weekend. This is wayyyyyyy worse than the dmages caused by the tornado back in June.
Could you speak a little louder?

AND THE WINDS....BECAME....CRaAAAAZZZEEEEEE.

Well, at least West Of me. Doc and I are at my childhood home staying with my Mum until she gets strong again...and she will.

I live in The Mystic Valley. Near where the river meets the lake. We miss a lot of heavy duty hellbent storms...now I answered a question for me here...the weather helicopter people are always saying West of 128...its always worse from there out to the West....Worcester, Springfield... I am lucky
Old 11-05-2011, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I've just watched career girls and loved it. Mike Leigh films always affect me in a positive way no matter what the story is. I think this is his best next to happy go lucky (love Sally Hawkins). I'm now watching dead mans shoes, i've saw it before but it's incredible. I love British films & this is making me miss doing media studies.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Photobucket

Quote:
Neutral Business Cat celebrates your 3000th post in style. He offers the following congratulatory message:

"Hello".
Old 11-07-2011, 01:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
Photobucket

Just look at those eyes!

Wow, 3000 posts - that's some going!
Old 11-07-2011, 03:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just got back from London, I'm officially in love with Camden.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

how long is zoloft withdrawal supposed to last? i feel so lightheaded its unreal. can y
Old 11-07-2011, 08:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wish I had a (local) friend who'd ever seen a Marlene Dietrich film.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lightbulb Zoloft...geez it sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by markolas View Post
how long is zoloft withdrawal supposed to last? i feel so lightheaded its unreal. can y
Quote:
Anti Depressants such a Zoloft, Prozac, Anafranil etc...need to be tapered so you wont feel such discomfort.

Depending on your diagnosis/diagnosis...different medications to take during the taper and well after the end of the taper can be used.

If one has a dual diagnosis, which means one has a substance abuse issue secondary to the persons need for psychiatric drugs. A rule of thumb is no drugs can be used that has a potential for abuse...being, opiate based drugs, benzodiazapines or CNS stimulants.

So, if you took Zoloft for a long time...you need a taper and have the drug continued after your last dose.
If you have an isolated mental health issue that required Zoloft... you should tell your MD or CNP exac. Exactly how you feel (ie: nervous, panic attacks, agoraphobia, tired but can't sleep or sleeping too much, losing interest in things you love...suicide, at worst. You could Valium, Librium, Ativan taper. These are the drugs that are controlled substances and they have potential for abuse and addiction.

If your being treated for drug and alcohol problems, again, secondary to you mental health diagnosis...there are really good, non habit forming drugs that will take off the edge. These are what I have seen to work better consistently as long as the patient is using them as directed...and hopefully seeing a therapist.

The last thing is a treatment that has the potential for abuse but is very effective if closely monitored by a professional. If there is heavy depression and disphoria a mix of a low dose long acting stimulant (concerts, Ritalin LA, Adderal ER) and anti anxiety mess non habit forming (inderal, conjentin, neurontin, saphris/sublingual) are the last option in my opinion.

So, my best suggestion is neurontin or inderal to take the edge off....and playing the Stevie songs that were written during her hardest times.

Please, do not take my ideas as professional or factual plans for treatment. Everybodies chemical make up and situations are different. My thoughts from experience could be potentially be fatal. Please see a Mental Health professional for hands on itests and your history. In any case...its usually 3 months. Hang in there I feel your pain.
PS...pardon the type os...my phone is such an ass
Old 11-07-2011, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I wish I had a (local) friend who'd ever seen a Marlene Dietrich film.
Well ****! I used to live in Austin! We should have been friends.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by APerfectLie View Post
Well ****! I used to live in Austin! We should have been friends.
But you would've moved away, just like every other friend I've ever had here.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ugh...I *am* tapering off the Zoloft, and no, I do not have substance abuse issues. I couldn't understand much else of what your post said.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just thought i share these 2 new video rare but fun to watch
Whole Lotta Trouble

Stand Back

SuperFleetwood
www.youtube.com/SuperFleetwoodMac (Watch Rare HQ Fleetwood Mac Videos) And youtube.com/thesuperfleetwood
Old 11-07-2011, 09:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaidSomething View Post
If one has a dual diagnosis, which means one has a substance abuse issue secondary to the persons need for psychiatric drugs.
Actually, dual diagnosis just means someone who is suffering from both a substance abuse and a mental health issue at the same time. One is not secondary to the other.

I agree with the rest of what you said, but I fear the person it was intended for did not get much out of your post.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default sorry

Quote:
Ugh...I *am* tapering off the Zoloft, and no, I do not have substance abuse issues. I couldn't understand much else of what your post said.
Just trying to let you know that there are treatment options...often called "comfort meds"

Feel better soon.