The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-09-2007, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^^I heard that game was awesome. I need to get it too. the belly dancing video just didn't do it for me
Old 03-09-2007, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^

The game is awesome. But with my luck Paula will hate it then I'll feel like a dope for talking it up so much...

But I enjoyed it - a lot...and worked up a really good sweat...if I had a PS2 I'd definitely invest in the game...
Old 03-09-2007, 03:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna View Post
^^

The game is awesome. But with my luck Paula will hate it then I'll feel like a dope for talking it up so much...

But I enjoyed it - a lot...and worked up a really good sweat...if I had a PS2 I'd definitely invest in the game...

well, I would imagine anyone who loved to dance would like it. My weapon of choice is tennis though. I love it (suck at it) and my first game of the season, my ass hurts for a week
Old 03-09-2007, 03:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle2677 View Post
^^^^I heard that game was awesome. I need to get it too. the belly dancing video just didn't do it for me
Yeah, that didn't work so well for me either. I couldn't keep up when they sped up to a fast shimmy along with jump/turns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna View Post
^^

Nah, you're not the only one I've heard good things about it from. I'll just blame them if I hate it. I must admit I'm a tad bit concerned, what with my lack of coordination and rhythm & less than graceful movements.
Old 03-09-2007, 04:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
Yeah, that didn't work so well for me either. I couldn't keep up when they sped up to a fast shimmy along with jump/turns.
LOL!!! me too!! and I couldn't do that weird **** they did with their shoulders. my body doesn't move that way. I was so pissed. I bought a little chiffon scarf and put a ribbon with coins on it and everything
Old 03-09-2007, 04:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle2677 View Post
LOL!!! me too!! and I couldn't do that weird **** they did with their shoulders. my body doesn't move that way. I was so pissed. I bought a little chiffon scarf and put a ribbon with coins on it and everything
LOL! I checked it out for free through my cable's "On Demand" thing. So no scarf for me.
Old 03-09-2007, 04:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Nah, you're not the only one I've heard good things about it from. I'll just blame them if I hate it. I must admit I'm a tad bit concerned, what with my lack of coordination and rhythm & less than graceful movements.
Well I'm a drummer (pretty well coordinated) and I had a bitch of a time with it at first. But I got the hang of it - it is rough at first - but funny as hell...

For me it was way easier when I stopped thinking of it as a video game, relaxed and let myself feel the music - that really helped...
Old 03-09-2007, 04:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
LOL! I checked it out for free through my cable's "On Demand" thing. So no scarf for me.
dude, i bought the dvd it was fun and exciting at first, but got old after awhile.

and when i say "awhile" i mean....after doing it twice
Old 03-09-2007, 05:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

BTW - inspired by Sparky's idea (and the 2 pomegranate martinis I had last night) I took pics of my ass with my digital, so I could get an accurate assessment of it.
Hehe.

I have pics of my ass, but no earthly way could I post them here.

All animals are equal. But some animals are more equal than others.
Old 03-09-2007, 05:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
Hehe.

well son of a bitch. my day is ruined.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
Hehe.

Are assless chaps involved?

So I'm sticking to the plan really well so far. Of course, it's only been 3 days. But I have my entire week planned out so I won't be stuck getting home from work at 6pm every night, standing in front of the fridge saying "what should I make/eat?" That's never good, and it's been happening far too often lately. I find it much easier to figure out my diet/point totals and my grocery list when I have a plan ahead of time. Didn't buy the DDR video game yet, no time. This week for sure.

OH! Has anyone seen the Core Secrets workout DVD infomercial? The one with Brooke Burke & Nick Lachey, utilizing an exercise ball? I happened to catch it on Sunday morning, and it looks like it is a really great workout. It's $20 for the first DVD (although now the website says $10), an exercise ball, and a booklet with diet tips - but then it's like $20 for each additional DVD (I think they send you one a month & you have to return it within 30 days so they don't charge you for it.)

So, since I'm cheap , I sat there & rewound & paused the program several times (God bless you, Tivo inventer) and wrote down all the moves that I saw. Then I did 10 reps of each one to make sure I wouldn't kill myself (that exercise ball is not always my friend, due to my lack of coordination & general clumsiness.) I felt great afterwards! So, I'm going to try to do this 3x a week for at least the next month (in addition to my 5 days a week of cardio) & see if it's any more effective than my current exercises. Of course, I love how they show Nick Lachey flexing his bare chest, implying that he got those muscles from doing this workout.

Here's the link in case anyone's interested, btw.
http://www.coresecrets.com/

Last edited by skcin; 03-12-2007 at 11:06 AM..
Old 03-12-2007, 07:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I tried an exercise ball for the first time last week in a toning class and I felt like a total idiot! I couldn't do it right. We did the exercise where you lie propped up on your side and your legs are like scissors and the ball is in between your legs and you have to move your legs up and down. Not pretty in my case, not pretty. I could barely lift my legs with that big thing in between them like that! LOL!
Old 03-12-2007, 07:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze View Post
I love the elliptical!

I heard there was a recent study where women who incorporated sprints into their cardio lost 3x the body fat of women who didn't. So I've started "sprinting" on the elliptical every few minutesish.
I love the elliptical, too. But how do you sprint on it? Just go real fast?
Old 03-13-2007, 09:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldie View Post
I tried an exercise ball for the first time last week in a toning class and I felt like a total idiot! I couldn't do it right. We did the exercise where you lie propped up on your side and your legs are like scissors and the ball is in between your legs and you have to move your legs up and down. Not pretty in my case, not pretty. I could barely lift my legs with that big thing in between them like that! LOL!
I have had some issues like that too, so I've barely used the ball since my friend bought it for me for Christmas. But this Core Secrets workout is really easy to follow & I didn't fall off the ball once!

Oh, and I happened to find 3 of the workout VHS tapes & a couple of written guides for that program on Ebay for $17 + S&H, so I bought them. We'll see how it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldie View Post
I love the elliptical, too. But how do you sprint on it? Just go real fast?
That's what I do. I usually go about 6 mph on the elliptical, so for a "sprint" I try go between 8 & 10 mph.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

after a week of not exercising and not exactly eating right, I've only gained 1 lb.

I walked hard last night though. I have got to buckle down and get these last 10 - 15 lbs off.

I cut a little article out of Shape magazine that outlined how long you should walk at what speed. they had me running at 7-8 for 5 minutes. um, I don't think so. my legs aren't long enough to do that.

and Paula...can you post a screencap of Mr. Lachey? (just kidding)

I might be needin' to get that video. lol.