User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-28-2007, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle2677 View Post
bitch, that was a joke to lighten the mood.

when is your skank ass going on vacation, anyway??
Not soon enough, trust me!!

Don't you see the countdown in my sig? (damn kentuckians can't even read pictures....)
Old 03-28-2007, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1998 View Post
Not soon enough, trust me!!

Don't you see the countdown in my sig? (damn kentuckians can't even read pictures....)
LOL I was hoping it was wrong and would be sooner..I don't think I can' wait 2 months and 18 days
Old 03-28-2007, 08:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
LOL I was hoping it was wrong and would be sooner..I don't think I can' wait 2 months and 18 days
Ha! Me either!!!

But, I am going to French Lick Sunday. You won't have to look at me until Monday night!

So there!
Old 03-28-2007, 08:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool Hmmm...

Hillary Clinton visits South Park tonight, interesting...
Old 03-28-2007, 08:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ha! Me either!!!

But, I am going to French Lick Sunday. You won't have to look at me until Monday night!

So there!
LOL sweet. I think that will give me enough time to build up the strength to put up with your ass again

why are you going to french lick??
Old 03-28-2007, 08:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
So why is ethan any different? Because he's not some poor little frail soul who has no friends at school, so he has to come to the ledge and get bullied by the big mean "hijackers" who can't deal with authority Kiss my white ass-no He intentionally stirs **** up and waits for everyone to get in a fight, and probably laughs at the ones who actually believe he's genuine. It's sad really. If I thought any of it affected him, I would never do that. But he brings it on himself, and I believe intentionally. so whatever-fwi.
Just in regards to the "Ethan Situation".... as I told Carrie and a few others, if various people are convinced that he isn't who he says he is, why do they allow themselves to be manipulated by him? Why do they let themselves get in trouble over him?

Individuals don't have power -- we give it to them. Some random kid/man/woman on the internet can't rile us up... we can only ALLOW ourselves to be riled up.

If it does turn out that he only posts to raise people's blood-pressure and to stir the ****, then everyone... all of these people who feel they're strong-minded and strong-willed... have allowed him to be their puppet-master, making them act likes fools at his will.

So if this should happen to be the way that he gets his jollies, then consider this... if you don't play into his hand, he'll get bored and go away.

Unless, of course, the real truth of the matter is that people enjoy getting riled up and causing a ruckus?

Last edited by Johnny Stew; 03-28-2007 at 08:30 PM..
Old 03-28-2007, 08:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
LOL sweet. I think that will give me enough time to build up the strength to put up with your ass again

why are you going to french lick??
For a mini vacation. Sara is going on vacation with my folks, so I'm doing something I can't do with her, and that's spa day at French Lick!
Old 03-28-2007, 08:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickypt View Post
Here are some ideas. Most of my work is in coalition and I've run some listservs. A lot of these are easier said than done, though....
All very good suggestions, and I appreciate them... though most of them were in regards to what the moderators can do to keep themselves in check. Since the feeling has been expressed by some Ledgies that thread-deletions, warnings, strikes, etc., aren't effective means to rein-in an out-of-control situation, I was hoping for suggestions on alternate ways to handle those issues.

I would like to talk to you in private, Ryan, the next opportunity I get, so that we can discuss some of your suggestions and maybe come up with some other ideas too.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
For a mini vacation. Sara is going on vacation with my folks, so I'm doing something I can't do with her, and that's spa day at French Lick!
awww..that sounds fun

who are you going with??

I'm so nosey..hahah
Old 03-28-2007, 08:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
awww..that sounds fun

who are you going with??

I'm so nosey..hahah
Be nosey all you want! If I don't want you to know, I'll tell you.

I don't want you to know.

J/K... I'm taking my stepdaughter, Samantha.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
hey, I said very plainly-I took full responsibility for what I did. I knew what I was getting into and I paid the price...

on another note. Since we are all talking freely and there's really nothing left to lose-I would NEVER pick on a fellow ledgie (or anyone irl for that matter) just because they are "annoying" and you can take that to the bank. There are SEVERAL people on here who annoy the living piss out of me but I overlook their posts with ease. There are also people on here who I wouldnt' hand water to, if their **** were coming out of their ass on fire But I rarely strike without being stricken first (didn't we have the discussion about stricken? strucken?? Strokin'.. where the **** is carrie when you need grammar lessons ) So why is ethan any different? Because he's not some poor little frail soul who has no friends at school, so he has to come to the ledge and get bullied by the big mean "hijackers" who can't deal with authority Kiss my white ass-no He intentionally stirs **** up and waits for everyone to get in a fight, and probably laughs at the ones who actually believe he's genuine. It's sad really. If I thought any of it affected him, I would never do that. But he brings it on himself, and I believe intentionally. so whatever-fwi.

closing, I am just sick of how everything has played out.
WOW. Well, for the record my post was not about you. I was just trying to give folks a mods eye view of things and, in a general way, rebut some of the accusations hurled at us. So whether or not YOU took responsibility or YOU would pick on another ledgie isn't really the point, though I'm glad you felt free to get some of this stuff off your chest.

And Ethan isn't any different. That's the point. Why do you think he is? And you obviously DO think he is because you say that you are able to ignore annoying people, yet apparently he really gets under your skin.

Chuck mentioned earlier that he posted the comments of e-mails here and why didn't he get a strike for that. I suppose that's more selective moderating, but (and for the record the mods have never discussed this so this is solely MY opinion) again we kinda tend to go after the big offenses, and I'm pretty sure that the whole posting the content of e-mails is about keeping private conversations private and not letting fights to be created over that sort of crap. I really don't think an e-mail from Sidney Sheldon (and correct me if this isn't what people are talking about) generated from his website that basically said, "Glad you're a fan. Keep writing!" qualifies. If it said, "Hey Ethan, thanks for last night." I would probably feel differently.

I also think Stew's point is spot on. I've told bunches of people, it's not like we're requiring anyone to respond to his posts and it's not like I'm a big Ethan fan. Have you noticed that other posters respond very positively to him and have actually defended his right to post on this board? Even directly responding to other posters who tell him to "please stop posting"? Are you better than them? Does your opinion carry more weight than theirs?

If you have some proof that he is not who he says he is or that he's "just trying to rile people up," please PM me, cause I'd love to see it! Until then, it's all just rumor.

We don't want to have to seriously police this board. Hell we usually agonize actually doling out any real repurcussions. But that's where the personal responsibility comes in, and by that I don't mean being willing to say, "HELL yeah, I did it!" And I really don't think any of us are completly happy about the way things have played out recently.

Take on the situation but not the torment

Last edited by Sugar; 03-28-2007 at 09:29 PM..
Old 03-28-2007, 09:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

One word: "snuke"...Blahahahahaha!
Old 03-28-2007, 09:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Im thinking sara1998 needs to off her siggy countdown blog thingy. My computer freezes everytime she's on the page.....no offense, if I knew how to fix whatever needed fixing so it wouldnt happen, I would. its just very frustrating to have to force quit every time I get stuck on a thread with that blog countdown thingy.....
Old 03-28-2007, 09:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
thanks for last night
you're funny.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
All very good suggestions, and I appreciate them... though most of them were in regards to what the moderators can do to keep themselves in check. Since the feeling has been expressed by some Ledgies that thread-deletions, warnings, strikes, etc., aren't effective means to rein-in an out-of-control situation, I was hoping for suggestions on alternate ways to handle those issues.
I think sometimes they're effective, with certain people. Perhaps even most people. In this case, there was already apparently some tension between Chris and some of the other posters, which I wonder if the other mods were aware of. It takes some creativity, and honestly, I know we all have lives and trying to figure out a shrewd way to handle a skirmish on an Internet message forum is probably not real high on most people's list of priorities. You do what you can. Sometimes it turns out to be the smart thing to do, and sometimes not.