User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-18-2008, 08:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by darla View Post
I hope when Fleetwood Mac tours, Kristine gets jealous of Stevie.
He is pussy whipped...Sorry that's how I feel. And I still think
Lindsay still loves Stevie...Kristin got knocked up and he had to marry
her....
Stevie has the power over Lindsay....
Can't wait until next year.....
It's Lindsey and Kristen....

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 09-18-2008, 08:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Why do so many people call Lindsey "Lindsay"? I don't get that. It's so common even among "fans"

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1LiddyBuckFan View Post
Whipped? He is married. He's got kids. He's got a life outside of performing for us.

Kristen is really a big, bad, evil succubus?? Please. Lindsey didn't have to marry Kristen. I guess I just choose to believe that he really is happy but that's just me.
Well, the people who know him indicated he was not happy about marrying her - not to mention she was preggers.

AS for the rest, it is speculation. But, to the point of this thread, she obviously has some issues with handling his fame and his willingness to give the fans waiting for him after the concert a little something extra.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 09-18-2008, 09:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, I am in hopes to meet Lindsey and get a pic at the Milwaukee show, but if I don't, oh well!

There are a lot of great stars out there that are VERY grateful to their fans, Kevin Costner and his band, , I saw them twice and even got a hug from him! Another time he stroked my hair and said thanks for the support , then signed a pic for me!! Damn ! What a sweetheart!!!!

I am just REALLY looking forward to seeing Linds playing again, so if I get a pic, that would be awesome , but if I don't , I will be slightly dissappointed, but no big deal. However, if in that situation where there only a few and kind of get brushed off, I can see how it would look bad, especially disabled people being brushed off, that's just NOT cool !!

When I saw Kevin Costner, he made it a point to at least shake the wheelchair peoples hands, give a sig, just acknowledge them which I thought was so sweet!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Old 09-18-2008, 09:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINDSEY#1FAN View Post
Well, I am in hopes to meet Lindsey and get a pic at the Milwaukee show, but if I don't, oh well!

There are a lot of great stars out there that are VERY grateful to their fans, Kevin Costner and his band, , I saw them twice and even got a hug from him! Another time he stroked my hair and said thanks for the support , then signed a pic for me!! Damn ! What a sweetheart!!!!

I am just REALLY looking forward to seeing Linds playing again, so if I get a pic, that would be awesome , but if I don't , I will be slightly dissappointed, but no big deal. However, if in that situation where there only a few and kind of get brushed off, I can see how it would look bad, especially disabled people being brushed off, that's just NOT cool !!

When I saw Kevin Costner, he made it a point to at least shake the wheelchair peoples hands, give a sig, just acknowledge them which I thought was so sweet!
Kevin seems like a great guy! One of my favs indeed. How cool that you got to meet him!

Old 09-18-2008, 10:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

For me personally, I have never attempted to get an autograph of an artist after a concert. I just figure they are in a hurry & must have some place to get to. But that's just me. The only time that I actually did get an autograph was when I joined a fan club & got an official meet & greet. Then I could get an autograph after one show which was a show very close to my home. And it just so happened that my husband & I were the only ones in the fan club attending this show. Even so, the artists appeared rushed, but it was nice to meet them anyway.

Maybe Kristen is just a little jealous of the attention that Lindsey receives (& gives back sometimes to his fans).

I know how this can leave a bad taste in your mouth so to speak. This same artist appeared at the bar in Baltimore. Security did not treat the fans very well as in everyone couldn't even take pictures of the band performing. I was not used to this as I always took pictures of them whenever they were & NEVER had a problem before. And this has cause me never to go back to this particular bar, & I have not seen this artist again though I think I've gotten over it a little more. But I still love their music regardless.

So I wouldn't hold it against Lindsey too much, especially since other people have said that he is usually very polite to his fans.

Lee
Old 09-18-2008, 11:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1LiddyBuckFan View Post
Kevin seems like a great guy! One of my favs indeed. How cool that you got to meet him!

It was like a dream come true!!!!! btw - when I hugged him, his bod is JUST AS great in person as in the movies! lol

Here is the pic that he signed! I took this pic last year at his show, but it was signed this year !!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kevinposter1.jpg (34.4 KB, 21 views)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Last edited by LINDSEY#1FAN; 09-18-2008 at 11:28 AM..
Old 09-18-2008, 11:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This is totally ridiculous.
And I couldn't disagree with you more.
Kids come first. Period.
The level of narcissism in this country right now is beyond pathetic.

Lindsey Buckingham has kids. It was late. And although I would value my fans, I would value the health and sanity of my household the next day much more.
This is a guy that's been on the road A LOT the past few years.
So guess what? You don't come first.
Does it really have to be about you all the time?

Maybe we have George W. Bush to thank for this kind of self-involved attitude. I think we all need
to re-arrange our priorities.
Just my 2 cents.
As a busy father, I've grown very tired of people who think that their needs come before kids.
Old 09-18-2008, 11:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool Roycedly Rude

"Lindsey Buckingham has kids. It was late. And although I would value my fans, I would value the health and sanity of my household the next day much more."

Get a grip. It wasn't that late, I was there too but did not stick around for an autograph though and besides they live in L.A. so the Mrs. could have easily had one of the roadies drive her home. And, as for Health and Sanity? Are you joking? She said there were people in wheel chairs not respirators or straight jackets.

And lastly, (in response to another post) as for being knocked up: The fact is he stuck around and had two more kids with her so she can't be that much of a skank; not that I like her but I'm just saying. I will say one thing, after three kids and a ten year marriage, during which time he had two hit albums, she'd get a bundle if they divorced. Maybe that's the glue that keeps them together. Who knows?

I'll tell you one thing, I haven't seen this much back-and-forth since Carol Ann Harris's book hit the shelves. WhooHoo!

Carol-Lynn
Old 09-18-2008, 11:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carol7lynn View Post
. . . during which time he had two hit albums, she'd get a bundle if they divorced. Maybe that's the glue that keeps them together. Who knows . . . .
Which two albums were hits? The only financial success he has had since The Dance was the SYW tour.

But, I agree that K must have something he likes because he stuck around.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 09-18-2008, 11:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: under beautiful desert skies of the Tri-cities in WA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltreyPFD View Post
Hello fellow Fleetwood Mac fans. This is my first post and I want to preface it by saying I have been a HUGE Fleetwood Mac since 1977. I own everything from 1975 - the present. I have seen the band many times and Stevie solo. I have even seen the "Time" era incarnation of the band!! I had never seen LB live before until this past week and I was blown away!! His voice is perfect and he is one of the best guitar players I have ever seen. He is soooo underrated... hell he's not even rated! But, he is amazing. The show was a perfect mix of new songs (great), old solo songs and Fleetwood Mac songs. I absolutely give the show a 10 out of 10... so why was I "screwed"...

After the show ended I took my LP copies of "Go Insane" and "Tusk" outside and waited patiently by the tour bus for Lindsey to come out in hopes of getting an autograph. These LPs are for my personal collection. I have over 30 LPs signed, framed and displayed in my home. Everyone from Neil Diamond to Alice Cooper. It's a hobby and they look pretty cool too.

As I waited a few more fans gathered. I would say there were no more than 15 people including 2 in wheel chairs... I bring that up for what follows. After about 30 minutes LB appears. as he comes out to get in his car the fans approach... as LB begins signing (he only signed for 2 people) his wife begins to vocally oppose this impromptu autograph session... "No Lindsey! You can't do this tonight. We have to go. We have to put the kids to bed!" At that point Lindsey drops the pen and shuffles off to his car.

WTF!!! There were 15 of us!! No one was pushing everyone was polite. I have never witnessed anyone be so rude to their fans. It was truly disappointing given the fact that there was so few people waiting and to be honest... when will any of us have a chance to meet Lindsey again. This is not the way I would expect a musician of his caliber to behave especially to what he himself called a "hometown crowd." Remember Mrs. Buckingham... the mansion you are driving home to tonight was built with the hard earned $$$ that the fans have forked over for 30 years.

If anyone else has had a bad experience... or good for that matter. I would love to hear it.

I am sorry you had a bad experience. I agree with the poster who mentioned Mrs. B has a nice home and it surely wouldn't hurt for Lindsey to be nice to the few people that were out there waiting for autographs and pics. It only takes a few minutes for them. That goes with him being a "star" and his wife really needs to support that part of his business life.

Lindsey was nice in Portland but he seemed to be in a hurry to leave. There were not that many of us, maybe 12 people. The band seemed to fly into the bus so no autographs from them. Lindsey did stop to talk, sign some pictures, posters and tickets and take a few photos with the people that waited for him. He seemed pleasant but in a hurry and I didn't see his wife there.

So I close my eyes softly
Til I become that part of the wind

♥Debra♥
Old 09-18-2008, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltreyPFD View Post
Hello fellow Fleetwood Mac fans. This is my first post and I want to preface it by saying I have been a HUGE Fleetwood Mac since 1977. I own everything from 1975 - the present. I have seen the band many times and Stevie solo. I have even seen the "Time" era incarnation of the band!! I had never seen LB live before until this past week and I was blown away!! His voice is perfect and he is one of the best guitar players I have ever seen. He is soooo underrated... hell he's not even rated! But, he is amazing. The show was a perfect mix of new songs (great), old solo songs and Fleetwood Mac songs. I absolutely give the show a 10 out of 10... so why was I "screwed"...

After the show ended I took my LP copies of "Go Insane" and "Tusk" outside and waited patiently by the tour bus for Lindsey to come out in hopes of getting an autograph. These LPs are for my personal collection. I have over 30 LPs signed, framed and displayed in my home. Everyone from Neil Diamond to Alice Cooper. It's a hobby and they look pretty cool too.

As I waited a few more fans gathered. I would say there were no more than 15 people including 2 in wheel chairs... I bring that up for what follows. After about 30 minutes LB appears. as he comes out to get in his car the fans approach... as LB begins signing (he only signed for 2 people) his wife begins to vocally oppose this impromptu autograph session... "No Lindsey! You can't do this tonight. We have to go. We have to put the kids to bed!" At that point Lindsey drops the pen and shuffles off to his car.

WTF!!! There were 15 of us!! No one was pushing everyone was polite. I have never witnessed anyone be so rude to their fans. It was truly disappointing given the fact that there was so few people waiting and to be honest... when will any of us have a chance to meet Lindsey again. This is not the way I would expect a musician of his caliber to behave especially to what he himself called a "hometown crowd." Remember Mrs. Buckingham... the mansion you are driving home to tonight was built with the hard earned $$$ that the fans have forked over for 30 years.

If anyone else has had a bad experience... or good for that matter. I would love to hear it.
Mrs. Buckingham has quite a reputation with some of the fans. This only reinforces it.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
That is a rather large insult to her

Well, he may be in love, but he has sense enough to know Kristen is no Neal Preston .

Michele
Old 09-18-2008, 12:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carol7lynn View Post
What's she going to do when he does a full-blown FWM tour?
Carol-Lynn
Already happened.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
I met her once a long time ago at the Soundstage thingee and she was very, very nice to me.
Eh. She was okay. I got no read on her whatsoever from that encounter.