User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-17-2008, 12:56 PM
Ledgie

Default Screwed @ Royce Hall 9/14/2008

Hello fellow Fleetwood Mac fans. This is my first post and I want to preface it by saying I have been a HUGE Fleetwood Mac since 1977. I own everything from 1975 - the present. I have seen the band many times and Stevie solo. I have even seen the "Time" era incarnation of the band!! I had never seen LB live before until this past week and I was blown away!! His voice is perfect and he is one of the best guitar players I have ever seen. He is soooo underrated... hell he's not even rated! But, he is amazing. The show was a perfect mix of new songs (great), old solo songs and Fleetwood Mac songs. I absolutely give the show a 10 out of 10... so why was I "screwed"...

After the show ended I took my LP copies of "Go Insane" and "Tusk" outside and waited patiently by the tour bus for Lindsey to come out in hopes of getting an autograph. These LPs are for my personal collection. I have over 30 LPs signed, framed and displayed in my home. Everyone from Neil Diamond to Alice Cooper. It's a hobby and they look pretty cool too.

As I waited a few more fans gathered. I would say there were no more than 15 people including 2 in wheel chairs... I bring that up for what follows. After about 30 minutes LB appears. as he comes out to get in his car the fans approach... as LB begins signing (he only signed for 2 people) his wife begins to vocally oppose this impromptu autograph session... "No Lindsey! You can't do this tonight. We have to go. We have to put the kids to bed!" At that point Lindsey drops the pen and shuffles off to his car.

WTF!!! There were 15 of us!! No one was pushing everyone was polite. I have never witnessed anyone be so rude to their fans. It was truly disappointing given the fact that there was so few people waiting and to be honest... when will any of us have a chance to meet Lindsey again. This is not the way I would expect a musician of his caliber to behave especially to what he himself called a "hometown crowd." Remember Mrs. Buckingham... the mansion you are driving home to tonight was built with the hard earned $$$ that the fans have forked over for 30 years.

If anyone else has had a bad experience... or good for that matter. I would love to hear it.