User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-02-2005, 10:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Didn't his photo-op with the two black girls make you laugh? I can just imagine what he was saying to his advisors. "Bring me some colored girls so that I can kiss 'em and rub their little heads for good luck. Make sure them cameras are on, I want this archived so that I can bust out the pictures to improve my poll numbers when those negroes start their wailing."

If it wasn't obvious after 9/11 and "My Pet Goat" that Bush's Presidency is an "Emperor Has No Clothes" Presidency, it should be obvious now. Take away his propaganda, fake patriotism, inane slogans, and contrived religious rhetoric and there is nothing left. Bush is completely and obviously lost without his script.
Old 09-02-2005, 10:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

We're all upset right now about what's going. Emotions are running high.
Debating is one thing, but letting these discussions dissolve into personal attacks is something entirely different.

I know it sounds corny, but I'd like to ask that everybody step back for a while... maybe walk away from the computer for a few minutes, if needed... and try to cool off.

We're not animals here, and we shouldn't turn on each other as if we are.
Old 09-02-2005, 10:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
Debating is one thing, but letting these discussions dissolve into personal attacks is something entirely different.

I know it sounds corny, but I'd like to ask that everybody step back for a while... maybe walk away from the computer for a few minutes, if needed... and try to cool off.

well said ~
Old 09-02-2005, 10:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I'm gonna do just that! I'm going to pop in my Rob Thomas CD and drink a Corona w/ Lime!
Old 09-02-2005, 10:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

thaaaaaank you!!!

my miller light is to the rescue

which is putting me in a foul mood because I usually drink bud light...but beggers can't be choosers at this point...*gulp*
Old 09-02-2005, 10:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
Well, let's look at it another way though. The toilets and garbage in the Dome are overflowing, it is 90+ degrees and officials are now saying they do not have enough water and food for everyone that is in there. They are evacuating it. I can see why people might be reluctant to go there.
I perfectly understand your point....if I had occurred prior to them being there, no one would have sent them there. This is a learning process, to learn to factor in all the human emotions, no way to communicate with the outside world.....etc....this is where we will learn to perfect our skill, it gives up an opportunity for improvement.
Old 09-02-2005, 10:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

Christ, this is getting ridiculous.
Diss, do you think they need a mediator????
Old 09-02-2005, 10:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbelle1214
Diss, do you think they need a mediator????
I think people need to take a chill pill.

Old 09-02-2005, 11:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think people need to take a chill pill.
can it be in the form of liquid?? *gulps more miller light*
Old 09-02-2005, 11:07 PM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 09-02-2005, 11:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

All I've got it Tranxene.. ..I just got off work and we were taking care of pregnant woman who've been transplanted to our Hospital for care, to labor and deliver. So I"M TIRED. But it's so rewarding! There's so much we can do productively here! If you're nurses like me, sign up with you State Disaster Relief team....I'm going...not sure where yet, but probably next week. And on a positive note....did ya'll hear about the guy who went and stole a school bus, picked up 80 people and drove all the way to the Houston Astrodome....never drove a bus before!!!! A common citizen who took an uncommon approach....stepped up and found him a group to take charge of. I commend him. We need more people like this...and I know they live here on our little community Positive responses to uncommon problems. He needs a medal. O.K. I'll stop rambling now!!!
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Did you catch how he was talking about rebuilding Trent Lott's house and how he couldn't wait to sit on his porch once it's rebuilt?
I think it was a weak attempt by W to personalize this tragedy. I would have left it out or made it more general by saying everyone wants to sit on their front porches again and I want to make that happen. It sort of amazes me that I, a lowly citizen, can think of the right thing to say and these supposed leaders are always fumbling.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
Meh, screw order, this place is slowing going to **** anyway. I think people who deny the link between race and poverty (particularly in the south of America) should just leave their ignorance out of discussions of such seriousness. Just go home and let the normal people talk.
I agree, but since that's never going to happen, they might as well just babble on incoherently.

Old 09-02-2005, 11:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
I think it was a weak attempt by W to personalize this tragedy. I would have left it out or made it more general by saying everyone wants to sit on their front porches again and I want to make that happen. It sort of amazes me that I, a lowly citizen, can think of the right thing to say and these supposed leaders are always fumbling.
Well, all was well again once he kissed and rubbed the heads of those poor little negroes. He is the Great White Hope, after all.

Old 09-02-2005, 11:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
Meh, screw order, this place is slowing going to **** anyway. I think people who deny the link between race and poverty (particularly in the south of America) should just leave their ignorance out of discussions of such seriousness. Just go home and let the normal people talk.
Mind you, I'm coming in on the a$$ end of the conversation, but I have to agree that there is a link between race and poverty...for many reasons. Lux, come down to Texas...we treat everybody the same....we're all one race - HUMAN. We could use the help right now! It's in full swing here!
Old 09-02-2005, 11:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, all was well again once he kissed and rubbed the heads of those poor little negroes. He is the Great White Hope, after all.

Meh - all Presidents do that, so I am not all up in arms about it like you are.

save the cheerleader - save the world