Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
To quote a kids' book:
EVERYBODY POOPS! And everyone's poop stinks. Get over it.
And that's why I adore this thread... I think it's important to talk about the things that make people uneasiest. Like I said earlier in this thread, it's astounding the degree humans go to hide and pretend this one particular bodily function does not exist. It's not like only really gross, skeezy people poo... we ALL do . Even Queen Elizabeth occasionally gets the trots

It's so funny, I was over at one of my other half's rich friends home for a fancy dinner party a few years back, and the subject of poo came up. Half of the people were revolted by the conversation, the other half were fascinated. Apparently you're medically supposed to have a BM after every meal. I'd never thought of that before, but I guess it's very true. My body is pretty much like clockwork like that, but I don't battle against the poo like many do!
Old 03-18-2011, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
1) Yes - to a certain extent. But you're implying that it's easy to decide when & where to **** all the time & that a person is weak or abnormal if they can't do that. Sometimes a person just has to GO! It does not mean there's anything abnormal about that person.
2) I'll give you that it's technically constipation to not poop for 4 days. I've never had the misfortune.
3) Seriously? If you have a poop stray outside your normal schedule once every few weeks, your life must be out of control?

Dude, you are so Type A.
Now don't be putting words in my mouth, Missy. I never used the terms "weak" or "abnormal." I just opined that it's a bodily function that can be controlled quite easily. Yes, every once in a while a person may need to go off-schedule. Sure, it happens. But I'm talking about people who do this almost every day. At my last job, I could walk into the bathroom and recognize instantly who was in there after one whiff; that's how frequently this particular individual chose to do this at work. Trust me, if your senses were assaulted like this day after day by the same individual, you would also find it highly offensive, to say the least.

I do feel sorry for sufferers of IBS, but that's more of a woman's problem. Chances are, if the repeat-offender is a man, he doesn't have IBS; he's just plain gross.
Old 03-18-2011, 03:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
I do feel sorry for sufferers of IBS, but that's more of a woman's problem. Chances are, if the repeat-offender is a man, he doesn't have IBS; he's just plain gross.
This is interesting. The person in question who drove me to begin this topic of conversation was a man, and I was incensed mainly because he seems to repeat the action every time he visits my house.
I wouldn't be so presumptuous as to say that it's broadly a male problem, but for comparison, my sister suffers from IBS and I can't even tell when she's been to the toilet It's a running joke in the family that she's never taken a sh*t in her life That, to me, is courtesy.
My original point was not 'How dare someone's sh*t stink!' - it was 'Why do some people not take the initiative to mask their odorous by-products when the opportunity is available to them?' I'd imagine it would be natural to be aware of the way you leave a room, especially if it isn't within your own home.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Now don't be putting words in my mouth, Missy. I never used the terms "weak" or "abnormal." I just opined that it's a bodily function that can be controlled quite easily. Yes, every once in a while a person may need to go off-schedule. Sure, it happens. But I'm talking about people who do this almost every day. At my last job, I could walk into the bathroom and recognize instantly who was in there after one whiff; that's how frequently this particular individual chose to do this at work. Trust me, if your senses were assaulted like this day after day by the same individual, you would also find it highly offensive, to say the least.

Why would anyone want to control stuff like this, honestly, life is too short. Just go when you need to go. Anyone who stinks out a bathroom on a regular basis either has an awful diet (like eating too much meat) or is unhealthy in some way. But some people are like that and they don't care.

Other people do pretty well without ever having to resort to air freshener, and if I ever find myself having a pooping schedule, the world has permission to shoot me

Btw, a hang-up over toilet business is a sure sign that you're uptight
Old 03-18-2011, 08:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bretonbanquet View Post
if I ever find myself having a pooping schedule, the world has permission to shoot me

I get up, drink two cans of my coffee(TAB), then the shop's open for business! 30 out of 31 days, I only go the one time. Thanks TAB!

I don't have a hangup about it, but I DO have a hangup about nasty assed public restrooms(~shudder~). I is a germophobe!
Old 03-18-2011, 08:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I get up, drink two cans of my coffee(TAB), then the shop's open for business! 30 out of 31 days, I only go the one time. Thanks TAB!
I had no idea they still even made TAB!
Old 03-18-2011, 09:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I had no idea they still even made TAB!
EVERYONE says that to me!!! My Mom got me hooked on it, in about 8th grade.

In this region, they now only sell it in 12 packs. And it's on sale, usually every holiday week. I have a stock pile, of usually 30-40 12 packs!!! I'm down to probably 25 now, but it should be on sale Easter week, and I'll buy 15 or so more. I can't run out! It's my coffee! It make me go boom boom!
Old 03-19-2011, 03:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

TAB!! I thought it had long gone!
Old 03-19-2011, 06:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm too lazy to paste quotes, but this poo talk is too much! What if you don't have to go before work? What if you get somewhere and you have to go? That's what a bathroom is for! I really do relate to how awful it is to walk in a public bathroom and smell someone's lingering ****e but I still can't fault them because bathroom were invented for pooping and peeing. One enters a public bathroom at one's own risk.

Now, if I enter my office and realize someone crapped in the corner, I'm going to be angry.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC View Post

Now, if I enter my office and realize someone crapped in the corner, I'm going to be angry.
Well I had to paste this quote! Haha! Damn right.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC View Post
You know how I told you I take 5 mile long walks? Well, at one point last year I was walking in the middle of a residential neighborhood and all of a sudden that feeling came over me. Probably the same feeling a pregnant woman feels when her water breaks. I knew my dump was coming real soon but what do I do? Where do I go? There are no stores anywhere near me and no woods to crawl into. What would you do Jannie?? In a panic I noticed someones open garage and into that sucker I went, crouched down in a corner and released that baby. It was so humiliating. Praying to God I wouldn't get caught and imagining those poor people getting into their car and smelling that sheet.
These days when I walk by that garage I notice they still have the door wide open...
TMI
Old 03-19-2011, 09:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Why would anyone want to control stuff like this, honestly, life is too short. Just go when you need to go. Anyone who stinks out a bathroom on a regular basis either has an awful diet (like eating too much meat) or is unhealthy in some way. But some people are like that and they don't care.

Other people do pretty well without ever having to resort to air freshener, and if I ever find myself having a pooping schedule, the world has permission to shoot me

Do you bathe on schedule? Do you brush your teeth on schedule? Does that make you uptight? how is evacuating oneself any different? There is a shower stall at work, but I'll be damned if I ever resort to using it on a daily basis.
Old 03-19-2011, 09:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post

I don't have a hangup about it, but I DO have a hangup about nasty assed public restrooms(~shudder~). I is a germophobe!
Oh hell yeah. I carry that alcoholic hand-cleaning gel stuff for decontamination purposes if I'm forced to visit those places. It was a Ledgie that turned me on to that stuff - this place has its uses
Old 03-19-2011, 09:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Do you bathe on schedule? Do you brush your teeth on schedule? Does that make you uptight? how is evacuating oneself any different? There is a shower stall at work, but I'll be damned if I ever resort to using it on a daily basis.
No, no, and no it wouldn't if I did. That's because bathing and brushing your teeth are decisions that people make as and when they feel like doing those things. Bowel movements are decisions that your body makes by itself, when it feels the need. Trying to force your body into going at certain times can't be sensible.
Old 03-19-2011, 09:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh hell yeah. I carry that alcoholic hand-cleaning gel stuff for decontamination purposes if I'm forced to visit those places. It was a Ledgie that turned me on to that stuff - this place has its uses
Man, that's what one cup holder is for, in all of my vehicles(I only buy the size that will lodge in my cupholder). And I keep another tucked away at work, for those antiquated c*kcsuckers who INSIST on shaking hands(don't even get me started, on how I feel about shaking hands).
Closed Thread