User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-25-2007, 07:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna View Post
It is such an amazingly beautiful day here today so I said f**k the gym and I cleaned off my bike and went for a nice long ride...well first I had to walk it to a nearby gas station to put air in the tires...but I'm glad that being under a mountain of snow all winter didn't do any damage....

There was some small rusting - but it was surface and CLR took it all right off with minimal effort - so I'm please I did not ruin my bike....

I have decided that now that the weather is getting nice I will do at least one (hopefully more) fun exercise thing a week, like bike ride or rollerblade. Hopefully that will help with gym fatigue and I can look forward to doing more outdoors. And hopefully soon someone will find my buns on their front lawn Anyone seen those commercials? They're awful...I hate them actually.

Roller Blading and Biking are such great ways to exercise. Theres NOTHING like taking a ride on a nice day.
Old 03-26-2007, 02:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It is such an amazingly beautiful day here today so I said f**k the gym and I cleaned off my bike and went for a nice long ride...well first I had to walk it to a nearby gas station to put air in the tires...but I'm glad that being under a mountain of snow all winter didn't do any damage....

There was some small rusting - but it was surface and CLR took it all right off with minimal effort - so I'm please I did not ruin my bike....

I have decided that now that the weather is getting nice I will do at least one (hopefully more) fun exercise thing a week, like bike ride or rollerblade. Hopefully that will help with gym fatigue and I can look forward to doing more outdoors. And hopefully soon someone will find my buns on their front lawn Anyone seen those commercials? They're awful...I hate them actually.

Same here! We took the dog for a nice long walk yesterday, and it felt so good to be outside NOT freezing my ass off. There's a sweet bike on sale at Target this week, so I think I'm going to get it & make Mark pay for it.

Got the Core Secrets stuff in the mail - what a ripoff. Actually, it's not all bad, but I'm so glad I didn't pay full price. The chick sent me the ball, 3 vids (fundamentals - haha, get it? - the 25 minute total body workout & the 45 minute advanced core something something.), the flash cards, the workout guide & guide to good eating.

So. The ball is fine, nothing special, and I already have one. The guide to good eating or whatever is crap. I guess if I weren't already following a plan, it might come in a little bit handy. The workout guide is insane & hard to understand - too many specifics. Stuff like "do 3 minutes of cardio, then half of the 25 minute total Body Workout video, then 6 minutes of cardio, then the other half of the vid, then stretch, then 5 more minutes of cardio, then cool down...." And it changes every week. Whatever. I'm doing my own thing - 30-45 min of cardio 5-6 days a week & the ball workout 3 days a week.

The fundamentals video was a bore - I thought he'd give more advice on proper form, safety, breathing, preventing injury etc. Not much, and the points he did make weren't anything I didn't know already. He reviewed the 10 basic moves (with Brooke Burke as his trainee, of course) and that was it. Considering there's about 50 moves, it wasn't a huge help. Thanks, dude, I already know how to do bicep curls while sitting on the ball - could you go over your crazy twisting lunges instead so I don't dislocate my knee?

The 25 minute total body workout? Heee. After his little warmup/cooldown sessions (which seem to only focus on 2 or 3 areas of the body) it was more like 20 minutes IF THAT. And I think there were maybe 10 or 12 exercises total with only 8-12 reps each. How the hell is that going to work my whole body? I guess for beginners it's OK, start slowly & all that. It's quite obvious that you need to keep buying more videos in order to get a good workout, and I ain't playin' that. I haven't done the last vid yet, so I'm hoping that one's better.

The flashcards are OK. They review the exercises (the way it's written can be confusing at times) and there are pictures to remind you of just what the hell you're doing. I'll use those, along with the moves I saw on the vids & the ones I stole from TV and make my own workout. And I'll be selling those first 2 vids on Ebay soon.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
He reviewed the 10 basic moves (with Brooke Burke as his trainee, of course) and that was it. Considering there's about 50 moves, it wasn't a huge help.
I just love these exercise videos where some bimbo with huge jig ol' bigglies is demonstrating chest exercises. I mean, what's the point of developing your chest muscles if they are buried beneath these ginormous silicone bags?
Old 03-27-2007, 09:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
I just love these exercise videos where some bimbo with huge jig ol' bigglies is demonstrating chest exercises. I mean, what's the point of developing your chest muscles if they are buried beneath these ginormous silicone bags?
i hate those too, that is why i wrk out w/ gilad an hour a day~
Old 03-27-2007, 10:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
I literally rolled my eyes when Brooke leaned back on the ball to do overhead presses. I also love that they keep showing her & Nick Lachey, implying that this workout got them that buff. As if Lachey hasn't looked that way for the past several years.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^^

That's what I love about most of those videos..."do this and you'll look like US!" As if they do these programs outside of the video after they've received their paychecks

That said, I am buying this cheesy cheesy looking book called "Bottoms Up" or something...I'm embarassed to even buy it it looks so lame. BUT two of my friends do the exercises in there and have both seen great results...it's (if you couldn't tell by the title) ass and leg specific....which is my most troubled area.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
^^

That's what I love about most of those videos..."do this and you'll look like US!" As if they do these programs outside of the video after they've received their paychecks

That said, I am buying this cheesy cheesy looking book called "Bottoms Up" or something...I'm embarassed to even buy it it looks so lame. BUT two of my friends do the exercises in there and have both seen great results...it's (if you couldn't tell by the title) ass and leg specific....which is my most troubled area.
Hey, if it works, screw it. That is a hilarious title though.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hey, if it works, screw it. That is a hilarious title though.
The title is nothing in comparisson to the cover...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0446...33#reader-link

Soooo ridiculous.
Old 03-27-2007, 02:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The title is nothing in comparisson to the cover...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0446...33#reader-link

Soooo ridiculous.
OMG. I.Am.Dying!
Old 03-27-2007, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
OMG. I.Am.Dying!

Isn't that awful? I'm so embarassed to even that it around - but my friends SWEAR by the exercises
Old 03-27-2007, 02:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^ Remember making book covers from paper bags back in school? Get to work.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: diamondsnake's lifting question

Bump. When you start with weights be sure to focus more on your form than how much you are lifting. Lift enough that you can feel it without straining hard. I do 3 sets of 10 reps. The last set should be almost too hard to finish, especially once you get rolling. You need to max out the muscles so they will build up. Do make sure you eat enough protein but I am not sure supplements are necessary. I don't know much about them, there are probably some posts about that in this thread!
Old 03-28-2007, 09:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool, thanks for the info Suze. I'm not going to worry about supplements for now. I'm just trying to eat heavy protein things like meat, nuts, etc. Does cheese have protein in it? I have no clue, but I normally eat it a lot when I am on a diet since it has no carbs...

I guess I will make an omlet for breakfast tomorrow. That has lots of protein.

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 03-28-2007, 10:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool Been eating...

size-portioned meals this week and cutting back on foods containing sugar. Matter of fact both Deb & myself have started to make our food intake size-portioned.
Old 03-29-2007, 08:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Tonight was the first time I exercised since Sunday. I've also been eating McDonald's every day this week for lunch, except for today. So I probably have undone all the working out and eating semi-decently (there were still McDonald's excursions about three days last week, but I was exercising) that I did last week. But oh, well. I kinda wish they'd let me do that gastric bypass surgery, but I'm technically only about 35 lbs overweight.