User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-04-2013, 09:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
An absolute dumb**** of a man brought a cat into the rescue today inched in fleas and faeces, having taken her from her 3 week old kittens as he had lost them in his messy garage (he allowed his cat to give birth in there). Not only has he traumatised this poor cat, but by parting her from her kittens that were so young, he has effectively given 5 kittens a death sentence. I am NOT ashamed to say that by the time I had explained to the man in minute detail why what he had done was positively moronic, I had him in tears. Angry Bee is not a nice lady when it comes to animal welfare.
OMG. What happened to the kittens?? You wrote that he lost them in his garage; what happened after you explained everything to him? How much time passed between when he took the cat away from the kittens and when he brought the cat to the shelter? Did he or anybody go back and find the kittens?? And reunite them with the mother cat? If they were in a contained space like a garage, and not much time had passed, surely the kittens could have been found? I can't even deal with things like this. They make me hate the human race and never want to ever get out of bed and face the stupid world of stupid human beings again. We're supposed to be the intelligent ones. Ha! What a joke! It's quite the opposite, from what I've seen in 48 years on this planet.
Old 10-04-2013, 12:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
She used her vehicle as a weapon... she ran down a federal officer with her car. That's a very, very serious charge. On top of that she rammed the White House & Capitol gates, lead police on an 80 mph chase through one of the busiest tourist zones in the world, caused multiple accidents along the way, refused to surrender multiple times, and was aggressive towards police. I'm kind of surprised they didn't pick her off before they did, to be honest.

That being said, it turns out the woman does have a history of mental issues. But how are police supposed to know that? Even if they did, she was obviously out of control & dangerous. Unfortunately, this is just another sad example of how America as a society needs to get real about tackling mental health issues. Almost all of our homeless population, and everyone who commits these horrible mass shootings are all mentally ill people who slipped between the cracks. What's it going to take for us to reexamine our system of dealing with folks with mental issues?

OK thanks Louie .Yes .I caught more info on the news today with the details.And she had post-partum depression .Yes I agree on we got to do something about the mental health issues in this country.Its getting worse every day.

The security are on top of their feet down there and will alert since the Navy yard just happen weeks ago.Plus the idiot throwing fire crackers on the lawn weeks ago too.

Sooner or later as the investigations go on we will find out why the girl went out and pulled this chase .She had a good job and a home to live in.Plus good looking too..Something that ticked her off.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 10-04-2013, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

A feud between Miley and Sinéad O'Connor .

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...etter-20131004

Miley just got to grow up.She keeps it up.Nobody will want her.

Old 10-04-2013, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Yes I agree on we got to do something about the mental health issues in this country.Its getting worse every day.
People have to ask for help. We don't go around looking for people to help.
Old 10-04-2013, 12:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
A feud between Miley and Sinéad O'Connor .
I watched Miley's Wrecking Ball video and didn't find anything shocking about it. I think she's done a great job of getting attention and selling records recently. The music business has always done well on shock value. She's gonna be just fine.
Old 10-04-2013, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You can't see her nipple or her snatch. It ain't the Super Bowl. What's the problem?

Note: I am not a fan of her's. Her music does nothing for me.
Old 10-04-2013, 01:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
People have to ask for help. We don't go around looking for people to help.

Yes I agree.

Quote:
I watched Miley's Wrecking Ball video and didn't find anything shocking about it. I think she's done a great job of getting attention and selling records recently. The music business has always done well on shock value. She's gonna be just fine.
Quote:
You can't see her nipple or her snatch. It ain't the Super Bowl. What's the problem?

Note: I am not a fan of her's. Her music does nothing for me.

Speaking of mental issues .

The thing that gets me is why these young artists and celebs got to act strange and nuts to get attention.

I dont recall this back when Stevie ,FM and other artists and bands and celebs of that era pulling nutty things.

If they want to make a a$$ out of themselves in public .Its fine with me.LOL...

Maybe this is another reason the music industry is going down the drain.

Old 10-04-2013, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I'm not a fan of Miley's either really, but I am somewhat of a Sinead fan. I do think Sinead was kinda bang-on in her open letter in many ways, but I also think Miley's reaction was pretty much normal and to be expected. The girl is 20 years old, getting unsolicited advice from a total stranger that is published on the internet for all to see. Of course she's going to get defensive. I actually am a little disappointed to see that Sinead is perpetuating the conflict. She should know to let it go. Let Miley be 20. At that age we're all desperate to prove how all-grown-up we are and always unintentionally manage to prove exactly the opposite. Then we look back years later and cringe. That's just how it goes.
Old 10-04-2013, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The thing that gets me is why these young artists and celebs got to act strange and nuts to get attention.I dont recall this back when Stevie ,FM and other artists and bands and celebs of that era pulling nutty things.
You don't remember The Sex Pistols, The Dead Kennedy's or Wendy Williams, just to name a few of many, many more?
Old 10-04-2013, 05:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You don't remember The Sex Pistols, The Dead Kennedy's or Wendy Williams, just to name a few of many, many more?
Wendy O makes Miley look like a kitten.
Old 10-04-2013, 05:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I heard of them. I never payed any attention to them or listen to their tunes at the time.I've seen Wendy Williams on TV and her show was OK.

I think as of today with the internet ,Face Book,Twitter ,Ipads and Iphones and other media in which gets around faster then the ole radio or TV.

Plus to add those TV shows that thrive on dirt on celebs with their problems.They twist the stories left and right in turn to get ratings .In the meantime what the celeb did was minor.

A good example was Janet Jackson with her wardrobe malfunction .

Last edited by Macfanforever; 10-04-2013 at 05:33 PM..
Old 10-04-2013, 05:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerj View Post
OMG. What happened to the kittens?? You wrote that he lost them in his garage; what happened after you explained everything to him? How much time passed between when he took the cat away from the kittens and when he brought the cat to the shelter? Did he or anybody go back and find the kittens?? And reunite them with the mother cat? If they were in a contained space like a garage, and not much time had passed, surely the kittens could have been found? I can't even deal with things like this. They make me hate the human race and never want to ever get out of bed and face the stupid world of stupid human beings again. We're supposed to be the intelligent ones. Ha! What a joke! It's quite the opposite, from what I've seen in 48 years on this planet.
Unfortunately we didn't have a happy ending with this one. A few days after mummy arrived the man brought two of her kittens to us; because of the length of time that had passed without food we had to draw the conclusion that the other 3 had passed away. One of the kittens he brought was already in the process of dying (There was nothing to be done but make it is comfortable as possible). The other kitten, a little black girl I've dubbed "Little Dot" has been placed with a foster mummy. Unfortunately not long after mummy cat came in she was found dead (The kittens she was feeding are all fine and thankfully are weaning very successfully). Our vet believes malnourished had a major hand in her death. We're currently endeavoring to find the man so we can pursue criminal charges against him for animal cruelty and neglect.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

When I went to get my Mick Meet and Greet picture processed at Max Speilman the lady behind the counter asked if the man in the picture with me was my dad. You don't know how tempted I was to play along XD I mean, seriously...Who looks that 'awed' and starstruck standing with their own father?
Old 10-13-2013, 01:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

McDonald's Mighty Wings, so good!
Old 10-13-2013, 11:15 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
It's Wendy O. Williams, not Wendy Williams.