The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-05-2006, 01:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

aww thankyou mary ann!!!! this is great! lol! he uh, bursts into tears quite a bit though....lol! but its so cute! you can see how much he loves her!! he really is crazy about her! and the grabbing his balls bit was quite amusing!....i thought anyway.......lol

what on earth does infanticipating mean?!?!

thankyou!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-05-2006, 02:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow, that was a great article - thank you for posting!
I have to admit, although Dennis Wilson was fairly attractive and obviously talented, I don't know what she saw in him or how she put up with him.
Nice to know Brian thought highly of her though!
Old 04-05-2006, 03:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySongbird
what on earth does infanticipating mean?!?!
thankyou!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Planning to have children I think.

although that would have been impossible at that time (I think)

Gail
Old 04-05-2006, 03:18 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost
I have to admit, although Dennis Wilson was fairly attractive and obviously talented, I don't know what she saw in him or how she put up with him.
I don't really know how she put up w/ him either. My guess is maybe she liked the fact that she had to 'look after him' , and mother him a little. he must have been so dramatic and draining.

It must have been neat to know that brian wilson likes you LOL. I'd imagine maybe Chris had a very calming effect on him, w/ her voice and her whole demeanor.... maybe brian found her 'soothing' at that nutty stage of his life.

all just my speculation.

-Lis
Old 04-05-2006, 06:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost
I think Dennis Wilson was very attractive, so I can see what she saw in him in that regard. But I have no idea how she put up with him. He seemed almost manic, probably due to all the drugs & alcohol he was ingesting at that time. She must have been exhausted after awhile. It probably took her a few years just to decompress after the affair was over.

By the way, I think she & Brian are still friends. She went to one of his shows that he did in London a few years ago.
Old 04-05-2006, 06:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePenguin
I don't really know how she put up w/ him either. My guess is maybe she liked the fact that she had to 'look after him' , and mother him a little. he must have been so dramatic and draining.
-Lis
She did mention that she "mothered" him in that Return of the Native interview from two years.
Old 04-05-2006, 06:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh
Planning to have children I think.

although that would have been impossible at that time (I think)

Gail
Yes, that was after she had her tubes tied, so yes it would have been impossible. Obviously, that reporter didn't know about that though.
Old 04-05-2006, 07:27 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57
Yes, that was after she had her tubes tied, so yes it would have been impossible. Obviously, that reporter didn't know about that though.
Dennis had two young sons that he could have been focusing his attention on.....or maybe it was better that he didn't!

BTW what was the date of that article, Mary Anne?

-Lis
Old 04-06-2006, 02:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

It must have been neat to know that brian wilson likes you LOL. I'd imagine maybe Chris had a very calming effect on him, w/ her voice and her whole demeanor.... maybe brian found her 'soothing' at that nutty stage of his life.

all just my speculation.

-Lis
Wasn't there a Rolling Stone interview she did when her 1984 solo album came out where she said something like "I tend to go for these half little boy types, when Dennis was like that he was just adorable" I'm at work at the moment but I'll check when I get home - I think I've still got the interview. Or perhaps someone else (Mary Anne) can confirm this?

There must have been something she saw in him although God knows what. What with the drugs and alcohol and I doubt if he was capable of fidelity.

Gail
Old 04-06-2006, 05:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

BTW what was the date of that article, Mary Anne?

-Lis
3/24/79....
Old 04-06-2006, 05:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Wasn't there a Rolling Stone interview she did when her 1984 solo album came out where she said something like "I tend to go for these half little boy types, when Dennis was like that he was just adorable" I'm at work at the moment but I'll check when I get home - I think I've still got the interview. Or perhaps someone else (Mary Anne) can confirm this?

There must have been something she saw in him although God knows what. What with the drugs and alcohol and I doubt if he was capable of fidelity.

Gail
You are right about the Rolling Stone interview. Here's the full quote:

"I tend to go for these half-little-boy characters. When Dennis was like that, he was just adorable. He was really a sensitive, sweet man."

Here's another quote about Dennis from the Return of the Native article in Word Magazine from two years ago:

"Why do people stay with people? ‘Cos they love them, I guess. And I loved him for a while. he was very charismatic, great looking, very charming, very cute -- if you can call a guy with a beard and voice like Satan’cute’. He used to draw people into his life, strangers off planes and off the streets, and they’d become his best friends. I think I mothered him, to be honest. He used to go off and I wouldn’t see him for days, and days, and then he’d come back and I’d mother him and get him all nice and sober and then he’d go off and go crazy again. It’s one of those things. Opposites attract.”

In that same 1984 Rolling Stone magazine, there's an article about the last years of Dennis's life. It's a pretty scary article. Here's a quote from Chris in the article:

"It was probably the experience of a lifetime. Dennis was such a character. Half of him was like a little boy, and the other half was insane. A really split personality."

Here is another quote from a friend, Chris Clark, from the article:

"Whatever he did, he did in excess."

Another quote from his manager:

"Dennis was a sex fiend, plain and simple. The man used to think more with his sex organs than with his brain."
Old 04-06-2006, 07:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You are right about the Rolling Stone interview. Here's the full quote:

"I tend to go for these half-little-boy characters. When Dennis was like that, he was just adorable. He was really a sensitive, sweet man."

Here's another quote about Dennis from the Return of the Native article in Word Magazine from two years ago:

"Why do people stay with people? ‘Cos they love them, I guess. And I loved him for a while. he was very charismatic, great looking, very charming, very cute -- if you can call a guy with a beard and voice like Satan’cute’. He used to draw people into his life, strangers off planes and off the streets, and they’d become his best friends. I think I mothered him, to be honest. He used to go off and I wouldn’t see him for days, and days, and then he’d come back and I’d mother him and get him all nice and sober and then he’d go off and go crazy again. It’s one of those things. Opposites attract.”

In that same 1984 Rolling Stone magazine, there's an article about the last years of Dennis's life. It's a pretty scary article. Here's a quote from Chris in the article:

"It was probably the experience of a lifetime. Dennis was such a character. Half of him was like a little boy, and the other half was insane. A really split personality."

Here is another quote from a friend, Chris Clark, from the article:

"Whatever he did, he did in excess."

Another quote from his manager:

"Dennis was a sex fiend, plain and simple. The man used to think more with his sex organs than with his brain."
Thanks Mary Anne you've saved me a job!

I suppose it is the attraction of opposites. No wonder she eventually got fed up of him! I think I would have lasted about five seconds with a man like that! Or should that be a man like that wouldn't last five seconds with me!

Gail
Old 04-06-2006, 07:37 AM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
3/24/79....
Thanks!!

--Lis
Old 04-06-2006, 10:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I suppose it is the attraction of opposites. No wonder she eventually got fed up of him! I think I would have lasted about five seconds with a man like that! Or should that be a man like that wouldn't last five seconds with me!

Gail
I know exactly what you mean. It's pretty amazing that it took Chris 2 years to finally get fed up with him enough to end it.
Old 04-06-2006, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know exactly what you mean. It's pretty amazing that it took Chris 2 years to finally get fed up with him enough to end it.
He seems to have been am emotional trainwreck, but maybe he had amazing charisma. Or maybe they just liked each other when they were drinking, and then she sobered up a little. I find his reaction to talking about Brian sort of heartbreaking.
I don't know if anyone here has ever seen
"Two Lane Blacktop"? He is really beautiful to look at, IMO, in that movie.
I don't know the chronology, but had Chirs split from Dennis already, when he died?